Fill in the blank: When Aaron Hill picked up the fumble, you....

I needed to see the replay. Although it looked like a sure fumble I needed to know 100% before going ape sh*t. This program is due for some luck to go our way for once.

Faith

For about 57 minutes I had faith in the Gophers. I believed we would win. As the game began to dwindle away from us I resorted to prayer. I got nervous we might wet the bed. "Lord we need your help" "Please God somehow let the Gophers win this game!" Stuff like that over and over in my head.

I thought it was a fumble instantly. I was SCREAMING to pick the ball up over and over.
I was standing, arms raised. Then, I slowly sat down and said to myself. Oh my gosh,
what just happened here? Wow! There was no way we should won that game. We just won the game!! Thank you Lord! Oh my gosh!!

Gets even nicer: my wife comes home after watching the fourth quarter at a sports bar with a shopping friend. We excitedly talk about how the Gophers won. Can you believe it? How fun was that? She like me, was sure we were going to win! Then she was sure we were going to lose! So, at that point, she started praying! I was like: "cool!" So, I told her my story. Pretty cool day!

Then we both wondered how many other Gopher fans did the same thing?

I was saying before the play that a turnover is the only way we win in regulation, really didn't think it would happen.

I seriously sat on my couch for 30 minutes speechless. I couldn't believe the Gophers pulled it out. I was just sitting in the chatroom in absolute awe.

I was jumping up and down in my living room shouting "THANK YOU, JESUS!" about 5 or 6 times. If any of my neighbors were walking by, they probably think I've been born again and was watching the PTL club...........which in this case stands for Praise The Lateral.

Laughed out loud at this. Now need to explain to wife why I am on the computer laughing my arse off at 10:15 on a Sat night.

I wandered around Memorial Stadium with my 6 year old son and just kept repeating, "I can't believe we won..... I can't believe we won.... I can't believe we won....."

Thanked God for answering my prayer. I had just asked God to give the Gopher's a break since they'd lost so many heartbreaking games over the years and if he would...please graciously allow something positive to happen for the Gophers. About two plays later the lateral happens and I sit in my chair stunned that I saw what I just saw. Basically I don't think football is very high on God's priority list, but the fact that such a play took place after a (admittedly selfish) prayer like that was answered...I had to thank God and smile. (Call it coincidence if you wish, but that was my first reaction after THE PLAY.)

Came 2/3 out of my seat at the restaurant and said very loudly "THAT's A FUMBLE, PICK IT UP, YESSSSS". I then looked around at about 30 people staring at me, gave them all a confident fist pump, and dipped my next wing into some ranch and took a monster bite. It was the best wing I've ever tasted.

The Gopher section at IU was fairly small, but pretty vocal. I ran around the section hugging and high-fiving random people, and that's pretty much what everyone was doing. That game was a ROLLER-COASTER!

Almost didnt believe what I was seeing, like did he really just throw a lateral? When Aaron Hill picked it up and started running I flew off the couch cheering and basically freaking out. One minute later I hear my neighbor outside lighting off fireworks to celebrate the crazy win!

Almost didnt believe what I was seeing, like did he really just throw a lateral? When Aaron Hill picked it up and started running I flew off the couch cheering and basically freaking out. One minute later I hear my neighbor outside lighting off fireworks to celebrate the crazy win!

My experience was the exact same. Sans the fireworks, unfortunately.

I was at Richards Poorhouse restaurant and just started screaming "it's a fumble, get the ball, get the ball" as I slowly rose from my chair than I held up my fists while I was standing in silence when we grabbed the ball and listened to the other cheers echo in the restaurant and saw one of the hostesses smiling at me.

When Coleman dropped it and as the ball bounced around I yelled at the TV for the four Gophers around the ball, of whom only Hill was making a play on the ball, to "PICK IT UP THAT'S A FUMBLE!!" I yelled so loud I scared my little toddler, "GET THE BALL, GET THE BALL, GET THE BALL! THOSE FarKING DUMBAzzES THREW THE BALL BACKWARD THE GOPHERS WON THEY WON THEY WON THEY WON THEY WON!!! I can't believe they passed it BACKWARDS!"

Then picked up the little guy and ran around the room laughing.

I was cool, calm and collected.

A pillar of emotional stability.:cool02:

I was sitting about 2 feet from my TV (I do that when the game is nerve racking like this one) and as soon as the ball hit the ground I immediately screamed "FUMBLE" like I was on the sidelines sure they could hear me and the reached to pick the ball up.

When Hill grabbed the ball I was screaming "Go Down" fully expecting him to fumble. When he didn't I did my happy dance and woke up every baby and dog within a 3 mile radius with my rendition of the rouser.

i lifted up a friend watching the game with me about a foot off the ground

Seconds before the play I screamed out loud, "Fumble, we need a fumble." Then when it happened I screamed, "pick it up for Gods sake." Then I screamed, "fall down, get on the ground." Then my buddy said, "nice call dude."

first of all right when he threw it. i yelled "that's a backwards pass!" and when hill picked up the ball i told my buddy we just got insanely lucky because they were going in for sure

Like a couple of others here, I was yelling "GET ON THE GROUND!".

I've seen some sh!t man...I've seen some sh!t happen to the Gophers.

Scored points with my father in law. Lost points with my mother in law. Net win.

Previous play I exclaimed "it is going to take a miracle now." I figured that throw was backwards right away and after Hill picked it up I just yelled "they got their miracle!"

Previous play I exclaimed "it is going to take a miracle now." I figured that throw was backwards right away and after Hill picked it up I just yelled "they got their miracle!"

"Have fun storming the castle!"

Listening to the radio call, earlier Grimm asked Darrell who was going to come up with the interception to seal the game. Turned out he was wrong, but was right about the turnover.

For me, just tons of high fives, fist bumps, hugs and ass slaps. Also known as a normal Saturday night.

Top Bottom