Fill in the blank: When Aaron Hill picked up the fumble, you....

Screamed very loud in a pretty empty sports bar and had a few odd looks from a few of the Iowa patrons there. But I didn't care. I gave my waitress a hug when she came over to give me my check. Not joking.

Champion status.

I jumped around and screamed and high fived some of the guys around me and spilled some pop on the floor in my excitement. I watched the last few plays and the first down that ended the game, then ran for paper towels to clean it up.

I made a big scene at a sports bar in Pittsburgh where I was the only Gopher fan. It was quite the sight for the other patrons, I think. It involved expletives and at least one "wooo!"

I jumped up and down, screaming, "that's a lateral!, that's a lateral!" then I fell to the ground, pounding the floor and yelling "WOOOOH!!!!!" Then, I went to the fridge, grabbed a Surly Furious, went outside and yelled as loud as I could!!!!!! It's ok, my neighbors know this is a Gophers house!!!!! Great Thread!!!!! SKI-U-MAH!

...stopped screaming for someone to pick up the ball. Then I breathed a little.

Like others, I'm still wondering whether it actually happened that way. The newspaper will confirm it tomorrow.

I can't believe they(Indiana)did that.... wow, what a heads up play... don't fumble the ball... get down. Then looked for a flag... then said, do we need to run it?

I jumped up off the couch screaming "We won the game! We won the game!" I screamed it over and over about 15 times. My two dogs came running to the back door trying to get in the house to see what was wrong with me because of the screaming! I now have a sore throat and it hurts so good!!!

Tried to give my buddy, who is a Bison fan, a huge man hug. He wasn't having it, so I just reassured him that being 7-2 in the Big Ten is better than being undefeated in the FCS. I was so surprised we didn't lose 46-42, glad someone else screwed up at the end of the game this time!

Tried to give my buddy, who is a Bison fan, a huge man hug. He wasn't having it, so I just reassured him that being 7-2 in the Big Ten is better than being undefeated in the FCS. I was so surprised we didn't lose 46-42, glad someone else screwed up at the end of the game this time!

AHAHAHAHHAAHAA!!!

Had already been screaming "It's a lateral! IT'S A LATERAL!" Then I high-fived the guy sitting next to me at the bar.

Basically lost it in the stands in Bloomington, hugging everyone. What a game to go to.

With 4 min left, I ran across the street to my neighbors- I don't have cable. I brought my Steel Toe growler along. Since he's a Michigan fan, his game was over. He's a transplant, so he roots for the Gophs as well. When that ball went backwards, I stood up from the couch and knocked over my beer. I screamed, "it's a live ball!" 57 picked it up. Michigan fan and I high fived. I apologized for spilling beer on his carpet. He was fine with that.

Being a Gopher fan since the 60's you wait for the play to be overturned and ball back to indiana. They then score on the last play of the game.

Being a Gopher fan since the 60's you wait for the play to be overturned and ball back to indiana. They then score on the last play of the game.

A buddy of mine was in a spot where he couldn't watch the game. I texted him play by play the last few drives. Here is my play by play of the fumble.

7:07 PM Me: First... to the nine.
7:07 PM Me: 29 second
7:08 PM Me: 25 second. Second down + goal.
7:08 PM Me: TO mn
7:08 PM Me: God, this sucks.
7:09 PM Me: Fumble
7:09 PM Me: GOPHER BALL!
7:09 PM Me: Will it be reviewed?
7:10 PM Him: Any review? How legit does it look on replay?
7:10 PM Me: NO!

I yelled a combination of "It's a fumble!" and "That is a backwards pass!".....I believe I yelled, "It's a backwards! It's a backwards!" And then jumped up and down in the man cave nearly hitting my head on the low ceiling

I was jumping up and down in my living room shouting "THANK YOU, JESUS!" about 5 or 6 times. If any of my neighbors were walking by, they probably think I've been born again and was watching the PTL club...........which in this case stands for Praise The Lateral.

High fived the table and my server in the Minnesota sports bar I was at in Tempe!

I was jumping up and down in my living room shouting "THANK YOU, JESUS!" about 5 or 6 times. If any of my neighbors were walking by, they probably think I've been born again and was watching the PTL club...........which in this case stands for Praise The Lateral.

Best post!

And then jumped up and down in the man cave nearly hitting my head on the low ceiling
Too funny. I actually did hit my head when I jumped right under the soffit for the ductwork in my man cave. It's still a little sore.

Great question. My first thought was, my God, they finally made a play in a big spot to win a game instead of lose one. Maybe there is something going on with the Gophers.

Heads up play by the guy that picked up the ball. Total lack of awareness by the IU guy. But they are IU for a reason.

Top Bottom