ESPN - GA Tech Opening

That Tweet is behind the times.

That two-year extension happened LAST WEEK. Yet, there was Paul Hewitt meeting with St. John's officials LAST NIGHT.

Wrong again chicken little. Meeting didn't happen.

Marcus long story in todays Pioneer Press on Tubby and Ga. Tech

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14743584?nclick_check=1

Update from the NY Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...ewitt_expected_to_be_next_st_johns_coach.html

All signs point to Paul Hewitt becoming the next St. John's basketball coach, the Daily News has learned.
Before anything can become official, a number of loose ends must be tied up. Hewitt is believed to be talking through the idea of relocating with his wife and three daughters. There is also the matter of reaching an agreement with Georgia Tech to end his long-term contract.
If the process doesn't hit a snag on any of those fronts, Hewitt should be announced as the Red Storm's new coach in anywhere from a matter of hours to days.

Oh Snap!!! We supported a Dem for Pres in '88... ZING

And Mondale in 1984 - only state (of 50) to do so.

I have no problem with Minnesota being mostly Democrat.

But buffoons like Ventura or Franken have no business as elected officials.

St. John's hoping Ga. Tech coach Paul Hewitt accepts their offer
By LENN ROBBINS
Last Updated: 5:19 AM, March 25, 2010
Posted: 3:57 AM, March 25, 2010

St. John's, hoping to make an announcement as soon as tomorrow that it has found its next coach, is anxiously awaiting word from Georgia Tech coach Paul Hewitt.
The former Long Island resident has spent the last 48 hours conferring with his wife and three daughters as he decides whether to leave their comfortable life in Atlanta to return to the Big Apple.
"It will be done Friday," said a source in New York who knows Hewitt. "He just needs to get his wife completely on board."
These are the difficult scenarios that confront college coaches. Notre Dame's new football coach Brian Kelly moved to South Bend without his family so his children wouldn't be uprooted in the middle of the school year.

Hewitt also would like to wait on a decision until Monday so he'll have a chance to tell his players in person. Tech is on spring break.
But sources close to St. John's said it was likely athletic director Chris Monasch, who has run a swift and decisive search, left Atlanta on Tuesday having left Hewitt with attractive contract parameters.
Because Hewitt earns $1.35 million annually at Tech and has a $3.5 million buyout, St. John's is prepared to offer about $1.8M per year for six years. Sources in Atlanta said Tech would be willing to negotiate Hewitt's buyout. St. John's would help Hewitt with the buyout, a source at St. John's said.
"The numbers aren't the issue," said the source. "Paul is a classy guy and this is a family decision. We want him to feel good about making this move."
The timing is right for all involved. Hewitt will lose four of his top six scorers, led by freshman Derrick Favors and junior Gani Lawai, who almost surely are NBA bound.
And his relationship has become strained with members of the media, who believe five NCAA Tournament appearances in 10 years do not suffice; athletic director Dan Radakovich, who didn't sign Hewitt to his current deal; and prominent donors, who wanted to see Tech be more successful in ACC play.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...witt_yes_lAYbma9wvUDA3dHNhNYHUI#ixzz0jBNj7yCd

Good lord this is getting annoying and hurting the team and players.

Stay or go but make a decision UGH!

I don't think it really hurts the team or players. I am sure Tubby has reassured the players of his intentions and he has probably called CJ and other recruits to tell them first hand not to pay attention to the rumors. Now if Tubby was silent and not talking to the team or recruits it would be very damaging, if they hear it from the horses mouth that he is staying the rumors don't mean a thing.

Its funny how defensive FOT is now that he knows he has been wrong all along - Oh, and I was right by the way. Remember that school I mentioned called Tubby the other day that wasn't announced yet - hmm, Georgia Tech maybe? Unlike the FOT stalker who remembers every time he sees him and stalks him on trips out of the country - I'll actually speak to him and other members of his staff on a regular basis and no way more than you ever will. So bring on all of the "he's a wisconsin fan" and "he's a johnny come lately" - sorry if I don't live on this board - I have a life and a job. I just happen to know Tubby and a some of the assistants well and like to follow them. I check this board every now and then to see what fans are saying. Bottom line is that Tubby isn't happy in Minnesota and will leaving soon one way or another.

So bring on all of the "he's a wisconsin fan"

Ok! You're a beer swilling, cheese eating, living in your mother's basement with nothing better to do, Wisconsin fan!

But buffoons like Ventura or Franken have no business as elected officials.

Not to throw this thread way off topic, but why do you say this? Franken put himself (just a middle-class kid from St. Louis Park) through Harvard and graduated with honors. Ventura was a decorated veteran of the Navy and a successful mayor. Should they have been lawyers?

Pan

Not to throw this thread way off topic, but why do you say this? Franken put himself (just a middle-class kid from St. Louis Park) through Harvard and graduated with honors. Ventura was a decorated veteran of the Navy and a successful mayor. Should they have been lawyers?

Perhaps FOT is also an FON, Fan of Norm.

Norm having the peculiar distinction of having lost elections to both Jesse and Al.

Its funny how defensive FOT is now that he knows he has been wrong all along - Oh, and I was right by the way. Remember that school I mentioned called Tubby the other day that wasn't announced yet - hmm, Georgia Tech maybe? Unlike the FOT stalker who remembers every time he sees him and stalks him on trips out of the country - I'll actually speak to him and other members of his staff on a regular basis and no way more than you ever will. So bring on all of the "he's a wisconsin fan" and "he's a johnny come lately" - sorry if I don't live on this board - I have a life and a job. I just happen to know Tubby and a some of the assistants well and like to follow them. I check this board every now and then to see what fans are saying. Bottom line is that Tubby isn't happy in Minnesota and will leaving soon one way or another.

1 million % BS. Throughout your post. Not one shred of accuracy.

I have never seen Tubby outside the country except in Australia (2000). We stayed in the same hotel.

President Obama's ex-pastor (Rev Wright here in Chicago) is decorated Marine, too.

Franken and Ventura are buffoons. Like Rev Wright.

Forwarded your post (word-4-word) to Tubby (et al) for you.

Well FOT...what was 1 million% (since there's such a thing) inaccurate about what I said? And thanks for making my point about stalking him outside of the country (last I checked Australia is out of the country...unless there's an Australia, Michigan I'm not aware of??) And if you're so confident that you are closer to the program than I am - then what's your name...I'll text Vince, Saul or Zo right now and see if they've ever heard of you!?!

And I saw in another post where you called Zo - Steve Goodman - its GOODSON. And the guy jumping in that pic that you identified as him looked nothing like him (that kid is a student manager)!! And if you watched the CBS selection show, then you would've seen that Zo was standing right behind Tubby. I happened to be in the room during that show and know where everyone was standing.

Forwarded your post (word-4-word) to Tubby (et al) for you.

haha, great...I'm sure he has nothing better to do with his time right now than read emails from you? I doubt seriously if he even reads what you send...his assistant probably reads and deletes. Tubby could care less what is being said on a message board. weirdo.

Well FOT...what was 1 million% (since there's such a thing) inaccurate about what I said? And thanks for making my point about stalking him outside of the country (last I checked Australia is out of the country...unless there's an Australia, Michigan I'm not aware of??) And if you're so confident that you are closer to the program than I am - then what's your name...I'll text Vince, Saul or Zo right now and see if they've ever heard of you!?!

And I saw in another post where you called Zo - Steve Goodman - its GOODSON. And the guy jumping in that pic that you identified as him looked nothing like him (that kid is a student manager)!! And if you watched the CBS selection show, then you would've seen that Zo was standing right behind Tubby. I happened to be in the room during that show and know where everyone was standing.

Infinite % then? Completely, totally, utterly.

My stepdaughter was an Olympian in 2000. Tubby was an Olympic coach in 2000. The Men's and Women's teams (and friends & family) stayed in same hotel, ate together daily, etc.

My nephew knows Saul. His roommate at UK was Jeremy From Meade County. Jeremy and Saul were "party" buddies back then. He'll remember Jeremy.

I spoke to Vince Taylor at NWU games but I don't know him other than that. I also spoke to Steve there but don't know him otherwise.

And I said IT LOOKS LIKE HIM not that it was him.

Damn R U dumb.

haha, great...I'm sure he has nothing better to do with his time right now than read emails from you? I doubt seriously if he even reads what you send...his assistant probably reads and deletes. Tubby could care less what is being said on a message board. weirdo.

I've gotten a reply every time.

What YOU are saying IS KILLING SPRING RECRUITING for him.

Caitlyn never replies. The others do.

This is unbelievable. A discussion about Tubby Smith's future as coach has now devolved into a pissing match about how knows him better. What's next? The whole "my dad can beat up your dad" line? Jeebus. :eek:

This is unbelievable. A discussion about Tubby Smith's future as coach has now devolved into a pissing match about how knows him better. What's next? The whole "my dad can beat up your dad" line? Jeebus. :eek:

Today's reply has requested the identity of the other poster. He KNOWS who I am. He WANTS to know who is spreading false rumors and destroying Minnesota recruiting.

Assistant coaches (recruiters) are gobbling up these "rumors" and using them aginst Gophers in recruiting.

Today's reply has requested the identity of the other poster. He KNOWS who I am. He WANTS to know who is spreading false rumors and destroying Minnesota recruiting.

Assistant coaches (recruiters) are gobbling up these "rumors" and using them aginst Gophers in recruiting.

I have no doubt that is happening and it's too bad. It's not Tubby's fault these rumors come up. And he can only say so much, and people are still going to pass rumors. It's an unfortunate deal.

That said, if Tubby tells Devoe and Cory, "I can absolutely guarantee you that I will be coaching you next season and will be taking no other job. I promise you that." That pretty much kills the rumor to a specific recruit.

At this point, they have to have a very select number of targets. It is pretty easy to maintain a very, very steady dialogue to those guys. It hurts more if you aren't real sure who you're going after and trying to string kids along until you evaluate them further.

Top Bottom