ESPN - GA Tech Opening

I have no doubt that is happening and it's too bad. It's not Tubby's fault these rumors come up. And he can only say so much, and people are still going to pass rumors. It's an unfortunate deal.

That said, if Tubby tells Devoe and Cory, "I can absolutely guarantee you that I will be coaching you next season and will be taking no other job. I promise you that." That pretty much kills the rumor to a specific recruit.

At this point, they have to have a very select number of targets. It is pretty easy to maintain a very, very steady dialogue to those guys. It hurts more if you aren't real sure who you're going after and trying to string kids along until you evaluate them further.

Agree to a certain degree regarding targeting specific kids. However, there are probably other kids that are being targeted for future years that are scratching their heads. And even when kids hear from a coach that they are absolutely going to be at a certain place in coming years, the persistence of rumors always plants a slight seed of doubt. Not saying it's a big seed, but it's a seed nontheless.

In addition, other coaches will always use such rumors to gain an advantage in recruiting by asking kids "can you really trust what he said? I mean he's being mentioned for tons of jobs. There's got to be some truth behind it." Therefore, rumors hurt recruiting in several ways. Having said that, all this back-and-forth between FOT and this other character have gotten pretty bizarre. I can only hope at this point that it settles down soon.

Well, latest reports indicate there is no job opening at Georgia Tech after all. Does that mean this entire thread was in vain? :D

Well, latest reports indicate there is no job opening at Georgia Tech after all. Does that mean this entire thread was in vain? :D

That can't be. The dipstick who REALLY knows Tubby said otherwise.

Keep_Calm_and_Carry_On_Poster.svg

Georgia Tech?

They have not been good since Kenny Anderson and Dennis Scott were roaming the halls and Dennis Scott was hitting threes from other area codes

I forgot to mention I really really really know Tubby Smith and I can photoshop a picture to prove it

They have not been good since Kenny Anderson and Dennis Scott were roaming the halls and Dennis Scott was hitting threes from other area codes

I forgot to mention I really really really know Tubby Smith and I can photoshop a picture to prove it

They made the finals in 2004 and have 5 NCAA tourney's the past decade. I would say they are a good, but not great, program IMO...

Those Dennis Scott teams were sweet. I think they beat the Gophs to go to the Final 4 in 1990, Lynch missed a jumper at the end of the game if I remember correctly.

This is unbelievable. A discussion about Tubby Smith's future as coach has now devolved into a pissing match about how knows him better. What's next? The whole "my dad can beat up your dad" line? Jeebus. :eek:

My dad can beat up your dad. Just sayin :rolleyes:

Top Bottom