Dorsey, Mason, and McBrayer will all return next season

A major lesson has been learned by those 3 young men.

Hopefully they can keep improving like they were on track to until their suspension.

Hopefully they can keep improving like they were on track to until their suspension.

Good news. Any of you twitter users send it to our buddy @1500ESPN_Reusse yet? Harassment warranted.

Really curious what is going to happen with Gas-man and Buggies.

This is arguably the more difficult path for each of these guys. They could get a clean start somewhere else and be subject to less ridicule and derision. Here they have to face up to things to the max.

This is arguably the more difficult path for each of these guys. They could get a clean start somewhere else and be subject to less ridicule and derision. Here they have to face up to things to the max.

And their new knickname, "The Threesome"!

I get what you are saying but gopher fans love these guys so I think they will come out of this OK

Good. We can bury this deep down the list of MN sports scandals well below the Love Boat and the Whizzinator just to name a few.

Great news. Our 2016-17 season hasn't been derailed 8 months before it tips off.

The nicknames are funny and everything but man I'm just glad this is how everything ended. Best case scenario in my opinion. No way I thought we'd get all three back and I understand that Dorsey isn't exactly going to make or break a tournament run, but knowing he is going to be back there handling the second unit makes me really opportunistic of the future

Good to see the opportunity for them to return. Too often kids get kicked to the curb to run from mistakes rather than face the music.

It's great news, lessons learned (hopefully) and in this short attention span world/news cycle, it will soon be forgotten or "who cares?"
I like our backcourt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see the opportunity for them to return. Too often kids get kicked to the curb to run from mistakes rather than face the music.

I agree. I'm happy and a little surprised they all worked this out. In the past, when there was disciplinary issues, you know a player would be gone. Speaks to the relationship, the understanding of the punishment, and ability to move forward.

It's great news, lessons learned (hopefully) and in this short attention span world/news cycle, it will soon be forgotten or "who cares?"
I like our backcourt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol our whole backcourt was on the line this scandal

our bench might be the best in a decade:

Dorsey, McBrayer, Konate, Gilbert, Buggs (hell, that's a starting lineup for a lot of D1 schools)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm not too surprised, but I'm glad to hear it. I think they have a right to feel somewhat victimized in this situation, having private information posted publicly without their consent, and the whole incident was much more a case of carelessness than malice. Still looking forward to next season.

I agree. I'm happy and a little surprised they all worked this out. In the past, when there was disciplinary issues, you know a player would be gone. Speaks to the relationship, the understanding of the punishment, and ability to move forward.

I'm especially encouraged because of what it implies in terms of Pitino's leadership and that these guys want to continue to play for him, even after the train-wreck season.

I'm especially encouraged because of what it implies in terms of Pitino's leadership and that these guys want to continue to play for him, even after the train-wreck season.

BINGO!!!

Long off season.

Lets hold our breath before stating that. For all we know, they welcome back.... Doesn't mean they will suit up next year.

I agree with your comment, too much of a Gopher fan to like your timing ;)

I like that the three of them will all be back! Here's hoping the Gopher offense can expose some backdoor cuts with their assistance!

Ok, that was the last one! ;)

I'll happily take credit for this turn of events given that I voted that all 3 would be back just this morning. Excellent news!

Long off season.

Lets hold our breath before stating that. For all we know, they welcome back.... Doesn't mean they will suit up next year.

I agree with your comment, too much of a Gopher fan to like your timing ;)

Glad of this development. Tough lessons for coach and players all season long. I hope we fans get to reap some positive results from these lessons. But, folks, this is the U of M--where the best laid plans of Gophers and men often go off in unplanned directions. Little premature to get rid of Buggs or proclaim us one of the deeper squads ever.

:clap::clap::clap: Great news. Good for them for going through this situation (seemingly) with a lot of maturity, and as others have said, kudos to Pitino for making sure they understood and accepted the punishment. Now I'm excited for 2016, will be our most talented roster since Tubby's last year.

We Hope a major lesson has been learned. Actions - not words - will tell the tale. If the players follow the rules and stay out of trouble, then we can assume they have learned a lesson. But, if any of them get in trouble again, then we can assume they did not learn a lesson.
Letting them back on the team is the easy part. Now, they have to prove by their actions that they deserve to be on the team.

Mason / Dorsey
Coffey / McBrayer
Fitzgerald / Gilbert / Hurt
Murphy / Buggs / Curry
Lynch / Konate

Diedhiou - Transfer

That is what I'm hoping for as of right now. Diedhiou can be replaced by grad transfer or banked scholarship for 2017.

Mason / Dorsey
Coffey / McBrayer
Fitzgerald / Gilbert / Hurt
Murphy / Buggs / Curry
Lynch / Konate

Diedhiou - Transfer

That is what I'm hoping for as of right now. Diedhiou can be replaced by grad transfer or banked scholarship for 2017.

If Diedhiou does indeed transfer I hope he lands somewhere best for him. Whether that be a mid-size program where he can get playing time or an Ivy League where he can earn a top-rate education

Pitino needs to keep this squad together and start getting the program on solid ground. Its been long overdue. Focus of making the right decisions, work hard to get better on the court and the academics. Its time for the program to move ahead.

I hope that the rest of the team embraces their return and no one transfers because of it.

Top Bottom