Doogie Tweet: "troubling news" involving Gophers bball

I understand that the violation was a "minor" one but lets not act like the lady went over board. She has a RESTRAINING ORDER against Trevor. That means NO CONTACT AT ALL!!! None, zero, zilch. ANY form of communication is means for an arrest. He knows that. Facebook friending her or messaging is a form of communication.

I do not blame the girl one bit. Was it weak??? Maybe. But it is clearly spelled out for Trevor that he CAN NOT contact her. This is on Trevor. What an idiot. Seriously. What in the #&#&*@ can he be thinking. At what point did he think that sending a facebook message to a person that has a restraining order against him was a good idea. Good Lord. This is just beyond stupid I can't wrap my head around it.

I know ppl are going to think I am going over board but come on...this is just stupid beyond all reason on Trevor's part.

I understand that the violation was a "minor" one but lets not act like the lady went over board. She has a RESTRAINING ORDER against Trevor. That means NO CONTACT AT ALL!!! None, zero, zilch. ANY form of communication is means for an arrest. He knows that. Facebook friending her or messaging is a form of communication.

I do not blame the girl one bit. Was it weak??? Maybe. But it is clearly spelled out for Trevor that he CAN NOT contact her. This is on Trevor. What an idiot. Seriously. What in the #&#&*@ can he be thinking. At what point did he think that sending a facebook message to a person that has a restraining order against him was a good idea. Good Lord. This is just beyond stupid I can't wrap my head around it.

I know ppl are going to think I am going over board but come on...this is just stupid beyond all reason on Trevor's part.

It was a very stupid thing to do. I think spending a couple hours in jail, posting bail and most of all, being publicly humiliated are probably punishment enough for the stupidity though. Don't you think?

It was a very stupid thing to do. I think spending a couple hours in jail, posting bail and most of all, being publicly humiliated are probably punishment enough for the stupidity though. Don't you think?

I would think so. Because it sounds like it was a very minor form of communication...but still...the stupidity of this situation is unbelievable. It is all on Trevor. If the girl does not want you to talk to her...don't talk to her. Simple as that. I don't feel sorry for Trevor one bit.

But yes I would agree with you. If he gets more than that, it is certainly warranted.

Surprised the media never reported on Trevor's prior harassment restraining order. Okay not really - that would have required someone to have pulled a publically available record from the Dakota County Courthouse, meaning a media member would have had to do a bit of work.

The HRO (or TRO) would have the details of the restaining order. Other publically available Docs would tell each side's story surrounding the HRO/TRO.

And also this. It was really stupid of him but let's not get all bent out of shape about it.

Tubbyapolis! You are a moron! Why don't you post your real name instead of someone else?
Cause you are a punk. Send me a message with your name and quit being a stalker of other people.

and you holy than thou people wonder why coaches drink!!! Right Dr. Don????

Wow. Classic Gopherhole mentality to assume the worst without any facts. Trevor's done for the season. We won't make the tournament. He sent a fricking friendly facebook message.

I hope Doogie defends his excellent tweet which served no good purpose. But hey, at least he let us know that he knew something early. Wait, I thought it was about quality, not quickness?

Wow. Classic Gopherhole mentality to assume the worst without any facts. Trevor's done for the season. We won't make the tournament. He sent a fricking friendly facebook message.

I hope Doogie defends his excellent tweet which served no good purpose. But hey, at least he let us know that he knew something early. Wait, I thought it was about quality, not quickness?

In defense of Doogie - A Gopher bball player in jail is troubling news. If he knew that would you expect him to sit on it? That is a hard fact, and other people on here jumped to the conclusions, not him.

Going to jail isn't "troubling?" Where you from, Gangsta?

Haha, I never said being in jail wasn't troubling. I'm not sure how you guys inferred that. I was just saying that "troubling news" involving Gophers bball didn't serve any purpose because it had absolutely zero detail. Doogie also recently said that being first didn't matter. I know he didn't report anything incorrect, but he also didn't report anything of substance. All it did was put fans in panic mode assuming the worst.

In defense of Doogie - A Gopher bball player in jail is troubling news. If he knew that would you expect him to sit on it? That is a hard fact, and other people on here jumped to the conclusions, not him.
Going to jail isn't "troubling?" Where you from, Gangsta?

I'd agree with you on this. He has been punished already.

But I do think those claiming he is innocent of everything are way off base. He broke the law, and did it knowingly.

Haha, I never said being in jail wasn't troubling. I'm not sure how you guys inferred that. I was just saying that "troubling news" involving Gophers bball didn't serve any purpose because it had absolutely zero detail. Doogie also recently said that being first didn't matter. I know he didn't report anything incorrect, but he also didn't report anything of substance. All it did was put fans in panic mode assuming the worst.

Ok, that's fine. I just don't see it that way - I don't think Doogie was trying to be a jackass. I think he was just saying, "Dudes, somethin's brewin', stay tuned." I don't have a problem with that. And, he was right.

Yeah, I mean I know he wasn't trying to be a jackass but it's not always about intentions. I guess I just find it annoying when it's something as vague as that. It's basically like, "I want to let the diehard Gopher fans know that I'm one of the first to know there is even more seriously bad news coming. But wait, I can't tell you anything about it other than that it's bad, so I'm just going to arouse everyone and let them come up with ridiculous speculative discussions. Come back later when I actually have some news."

It's like when people have a secret and they're so proud that they have an inside scoop that they can't help but let someone know they know something. Then the person wants to know what it is but he/she has to wait anxiously while drawing ridiculous conclusions as to what it might be.

Ok, that's fine. I just don't see it that way - I don't think Doogie was trying to be a jackass. I think he was just saying, "Dudes, somethin's brewin', stay tuned." I don't have a problem with that. And, he was right.

It's like when people have a secret and they're so proud that they have an inside scoop that they can't help but let someone know they know something. Then the person wants to know what it is but he/she has to wait anxiously while drawing ridiculous conclusions as to what it might be.

I hear ya.

I don't get what the issue is. Doogie works for a media organization that does two things: It produces stories in order to draw in readers, and it sells an audience to advertisers.

All he was doing was teasing the story to get people to watch Ch. 5 or click on kstp.com. He knew the audience on here would be interested and he wanted to alert potential viewers without tipping off his competition of what the story is.

What is the issue?

What would you like me to defend? Others below you sum up the situation well.

I hope Doogie defends his excellent tweet which served no good purpose.

This tweet?

"Sounds like there could be some troubling news involving the #Gophers hoops team. More info. coming."

Uhm...when I saw that tweet, I had not heard of anything going on, I come over to Gopher Hole to see what the scuttlebutt was, and it was because of that tweet that I knew at least something was going on that I might want to pay attention to.

So, yeah, it did serve a purpose. Stop trying to look for things to be angry about.

Ridiculous take. People went ahead and assumed the worst on their own - not the fault of anyone that reported he was in jail, which is a newsworthy event in-and-of-itself.

So is your suggestion that people not report anything until all possible facts are known? Imagine being in L.A. in June of '94...

"Hey guys, I just got word that a white Ford Bronco registered to O.J. Simpson is being chased by police - should we send a chopper and some cameras out to cover it?"

"Not a F@#*ing chance in he@# I'm covering that story. Do you know how irresponsible that would be? First we need to uncover every last detail of exactly why he is fleeing police before covering or reporting anything."

"But boss, how can we do this without talking to O.J. himself?"

"It doesn't matter - we have to do this before we publicly say or report anything. People could use only part of the facts known in the case to draw conclusions on their own that may not end up being 100% accurate." So let's send a reporter out to talk to relatives of O.J., and we'll plan on airing Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers and Duck Tales as scheduled."

If you're checking Doogie's twitter for Gopher news that your first problem. You're right, here's the purpose it served... you came to Gopherhole to read about hundreds of fans freaking out that Trevor had played his last game as a Gopher. Good thing you were able to waste your time reading about other people speculating and freaking out because you read his tweet.

This tweet?

"Sounds like there could be some troubling news involving the #Gophers hoops team. More info. coming."

Uhm...when I saw that tweet, I had not heard of anything going on, I come over to Gopher Hole to see what the scuttlebutt was, and it was because of that tweet that I knew at least something was going on that I might want to pay attention to.

So, yeah, it did serve a purpose. Stop trying to look for things to be angry about.

Please read my other posts. The point was that he didn't actually give ANY detail. I didn't say anything about not reporting anything until all possible facts are known. He didn't report anything. He just said bad news. I'm glad you took time to come up with a completely irrelevant analogy and insert dialogue that doesn't come anywhere close to anything that I implied. A closer analogy is the secret one that I gave.

Ridiculous take. People went ahead and assumed the worst on their own - not the fault of anyone that reported he was in jail, which is a newsworthy event in-and-of-itself.

So is your suggestion that people not report anything until all possible facts are known? Imagine being in L.A. in June of '94...

"Hey guys, I just got word that a white Ford Bronco registered to O.J. Simpson is being chased by police - should we send a chopper and some cameras out to cover it?"

"Not a F@#*ing chance in he@# I'm covering that story. Do you know how irresponsible that would be? First we need to uncover every last detail of exactly why he is fleeing police before covering or reporting anything."

"But boss, how can we do this without talking to O.J. himself?"

"It doesn't matter - we have to do this before we publicly say or report anything. People could use only part of the facts known in the case to draw conclusions on their own that may not end up being 100% accurate." So let's send a reporter out to talk to relatives of O.J., and we'll plan on airing Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers and Duck Tales as scheduled."

Please read my other posts. The point was that he didn't actually give ANY detail. I didn't say anything about not reporting anything until all possible facts are known. He didn't report anything. He just said bad news. I'm glad you took time to come up with a completely irrelevant analogy and insert dialogue that doesn't come anywhere close to anything that I implied. A closer analogy is the secret one that I gave.

It's a Tweet, not a report from the AP Newswire. Huge Difference.

Top Bottom