Did you know this about North Dakota State

Did Albert Einstein teach at NDSU or was it Princeton? I always get those two mixed up.

Did Albert Einstein teach at NDSU or was it Princeton? I always get those two mixed up.

as a current ndsu student i'm getting pretty sick of the academic jokes. make fun of the athletics all you want, but ndsu is a good school.

as a current ndsu student i'm getting pretty sick of the academic jokes. make fun of the athletics all you want, but ndsu is a good school.

Oh grow some skin and learn to take a joke.

It's such a great school that they deny entry to almost (note how I said almost) 25% of their applicants.

For those of you who are bad at math (and/or may be current students at NDAC), that means that they accept more than 75% of those who apply.

Meanwhile, the U accepted a freshman class of 5,000 out of 40,000 applicants.

Tomato, tomahto.

+1000. FACT. The only black students at NDSU are from the football team. (Then again, the Sheriff of MacKenzie county in ND is black...)

you clearly have not been to ndsu recently. i know plenty of black students who dont play sports here. plus there's a fair size of somolians that go to ndsu. and a lot of them are from fargo

anyways, about the game. some players of ours to keep an eye on.

defensively:
CB Marcus Williams- rarely gets beat. super athletic. one weakness is tackling. will cover mcknight
DE Coulter Boyer- Fairly athletic. Can get to the QB. Best player on our DL. You will hear his name quite a bit.
LB- Brandon Jemison- Was very quiet in our opener. Had surgery this off-season. He's athletic and plays very physically for his smaller size. Fast as well.
LB- Preston Evans- Undersized but is very good hitting the gap. Hits hard. Struggles in pass coverage. Will be replaced with Grant Olson or a nickelback on 3rd down.
LB- Chad Wiilson- Senior. Juco from Utah. Very good tackler and hitter.
FS- Daniel Eaves- He's athletic and a ball-hawk. Rarely gets beat deep.
SS- Colton Heagle- Arguably our best hitter. Undersized but plays at full speed every play. Very good against the run. Mediocre in pass coverage.

Strength: Our DEs are fast and athletic and can get to the QB. As somebody already mentioned the DT arent as good. Perry hasnt shown much thus far with only 2 tackles and no sacks to date. DL depth is excellent for an FCS school as we rotate 8 guys regularly. I would also say our LBs are a strength. Much depth there. Overall depth on defense is a strength. This team might not be better, but they're deeper then the 07 Bison. You will be surprised with our speed for being FCS.

Weakness: Weak-side CB. Redshirt frosh Christian Dudzik is a first year starter after starter Brendin Pierre was ruled academically ineligible for the season. This was a huge blow to us. Depth is thin at CB and I expect your OC to pick on him quite a bit. We are undersized at most positions. I'm also concerned with some of our pass coverage in some areas.

players to watch on offense:

RB DJ McNorton- You all know him well. Isnt superb between the tackles but can occasionally run over somebody. He is electric and shifty in open space. The Gophers must keep the Bison out of this situation. I expect a lot of screens and dump passes to him, our WRs, FBs and TEs.
RB- Sam Ojuri- Will get a lot of carries. Started for McNorton vs St. Francis. Rushed for I believe 165 yards with a 95 yard td run. He had a few Mac offers out of HS and is not much of a drop off from DJ. He is fairly good between the tackles and might be better then McNorton in that area.
WR- Warren Holloway- Hands down our best WR. Only WR who caught a pass for us last season. He can catch it on tunnel passes or deep. I expect you guys to double him sometimes, if not most of the time.
QB- Brock Jensen- At times he looks pretty good. Tends to be inconsistent in the short passing game. Has a great arm and expect him to throw deep to Holloway a few times.
LG- Austin Richard- very physical player. Very good run blocker. He's agile and light on his feet. Wouldnt shock me if he got a PF as he's known to have a temper.
RT- Paul Cornick- We will run quite a bit behind him. He's big (6'6) and probably our best overall OL. Very good in protection and in run blocking. Could prolly play Big Ten.
LT- Billy Turner- Big (6'6) but tends to sometimes make some mistakes. Hes not as physical yet as Cornick or Richard but still pretty good.

Strengths: Obviously our running game. McNorton/Ojuri is one of the best RB tandems in FCS and Derrick Lang sometimes plays on 3rd down and is probably our best between the tackle runner. He's physical too. Most of our OL is physical and we have 4 starters back from last season.

Weaknesses: WR depth. This will hurt us vs. the Gophers, especially if you guys take away Holloway. None of our other WRs are cconsistent and have yet to make a huge impact. RG. Gimmestad is a first year starter and hasnt looked all that solid from the little I've watched of the OL. It will be interesting to see who lines up vs. him. Passing game is still inconsistent. Jensen sometimes stares at his target and I'm shocked he hasnt thrown a pick yet. He will throw one vs. Minnesota.

in 06 i was tailgating and on multiple occasions from several different groups of people i was told to "respect ndsu's d2 titles" as well as the "goofer football is a joke and we(ndsu) could compete for B1G titles before the goofers ever could."

i have been to quite a few games across the country-fav is still florida st vs clemson @FSU, and to this day i have never heard a more arrogant and annoying fanbase then ndsu's! that says a ton since we play wisky and the assbags from iowa!

D2 Titles are still titles, albeit those were a long time ago. The ones saying they could compete for a B1G title were just stupid ones. The vast majority are smarter than that, why else do we get so excited to play Minnesota? The most arrogant fanbase I have encountered is UND. They are an interesting bunch to say the least. NDSU probably could qualify for most annoying, when you got people like me and LakesBison out there....nothing good comes of it.

I'm a diehard Gophers fan, but UND still rules over NDSU by far for most idiotic fan base

I also happen to be best friends with a teacher at UND and he has told me that some hockey players have been failing his class and they have come up to him asking him to change the grade and he says no because he hates hockey (he played DI football, can't stand hockey at all). He said that they always just say they'll have the dean or whomever change the grades if he doesn't and he has told them a few times, "good luck with that." Lord behold, every time their grades had been changed to A's when they were completely failing. He tells me all the time how much it pisses him off and that he doesn't think there's really much he can do about it.

Doesn't really matter. Most hockey players don't stick around once they get the big contract offers from the NHL (and that's true with the U too.)

It was especially bad back in the days of Ed Belfour and Tony Hrkac. Those guys ran roughshod over the campus and never did a lick of schoolwork. Same with Brett Hull at UMD.

As for Sue fans. There is no fan base in any sport anywhere that I hate more than Sue hockey fans (even though three of my best friends are Sue fans). But I still used to root for them to beat the Bison in football. :)

Doesn't really matter. Most hockey players don't stick around once they get the big contract offers from the NHL (and that's true with the U too.)

It was especially bad back in the days of Ed Belfour and Tony Hrkac. Those guys ran roughshod over the campus and never did a lick of schoolwork. Same with Brett Hull at UMD.

As for Sue fans. There is no fan base in any sport anywhere that I hate more than Sue hockey fans (even though three of my best friends are Sue fans). But I still used to root for them to beat the Bison in football. :)

You forgot to mention that those are your three least intelligent friends. Can't blame you for cheering for them to win in football... everyone loves an underdog ;) At least when they don't have a dog in the fight.

Are you sure about that? UND always gets players to stay 4 years. The U is BY FAR the worst of any school at keeping talent, its absolutely terrible. And I do agree with you, I like Sioux football more than Bison football :) Be careful NDSU! UND is in the top 25 now in the FCS in football!

By the way, why is your school so scared to schedule UND in football? Because they know that UND can beat you?

UND keeps more of their players now (but still guys like Parise left early), but back in the day when they were mostly playing semi-literate Canadians, that wasn't the case.

And you know why Minnesota doesn't schedule the Sue in football. They won't play any teams in violation of the Indian nickname edict from the NCAA outside of conference mandated games (thus playing them in the WCHA). It's not just the Gophers. Wisconsin has that same rule, as do several other Big Ten teams IIRC.

When the Sue change their nickname, I would suspect that the Gophers will play them.

By the way, why is your school so scared to schedule UND in football? Because they know that UND can beat you?

Why won't NDSU schedule UND? That is a long story that I doubt people on this forum want to read. Lets just say when the schools broke up after NDSU went DI, it was a very bad divorce.

Did this damn thread turn into Bisonville? WTF?

UND keeps more of their players now (but still guys like Parise left early), but back in the day when they were mostly playing semi-literate Canadians, that wasn't the case.

And you know why Minnesota doesn't schedule the Sue in football. They won't play any teams in violation of the Indian nickname edict from the NCAA outside of conference mandated games (thus playing them in the WCHA). It's not just the Gophers. Wisconsin has that same rule, as do several other Big Ten teams IIRC.

When the Sue change their nickname, I would suspect that the Gophers will play them.

UND keeps almost all of their players for 4 years now in hockey. I know why Minnesota won't schedule UND in football, and now that UND changed their nickname I suspect UND will be the next non-conference football opponent that is announced. I wanted to know why NDSU won't schedule UND in football. I fully believe it's because NDSU knows that it is a very great chance they will lose to UND. Far more of a chance than it is Minnesota will lose to NDSU.

Why won't NDSU schedule UND? That is a long story that I doubt people on this forum want to read. Lets just say when the schools broke up after NDSU went DI, it was a very bad divorce.

Then why did NDSU start playing UND in every sport other than football? I know it's because they don't want to go through the "embarassment" of losing to UND. I would bet money on UND winning that game now. NDSU should have been scheduling them when they were terrible, now it's going to be hilarious when they play again and UND wins

yup scared of a team that loves moral victories and beat drake. und ended the rivalry. gene taylor offered an every other year contract recently and UND turned it down

Well, considering that the ND board of higher education is made up of spineless idiots (see the whole nickname debacle), it doesn't surprise me, but there should have been a mandate of some kind that both schools go D1 at the same time and a push for both to be in the same conference. It was a total cluster that NDSU went D1 (some say as a shot at UND's longtime powerhouse hockey program) and UND didn't. UND actually had a better football team the last few years both were in the NCC. It's pretty sad that one of the oldest rivalries in college football ended in such acrimony.

Well, considering that the ND board of higher education is made up of spineless idiots (see the whole nickname debacle), it doesn't surprise me, but there should have been a mandate of some kind that both schools go D1 at the same time and a push for both to be in the same conference. It was a total cluster that NDSU went D1 (some say as a shot at UND's longtime powerhouse hockey program) and UND didn't. UND actually had a better football team the last few years both were in the NCC. It's pretty sad that one of the oldest rivalries in college football ended in such acrimony.

You make a great point, and I fully believe it is because NDSU was jealous that UND was better than them in all sports, including football.

TO ALL NDSU FANS: UND still has the Nickel trophy

Then why did NDSU start playing UND in every sport other than football? I know it's because they don't want to go through the "embarassment" of losing to UND. I would bet money on UND winning that game now. NDSU should have been scheduling them when they were terrible, now it's going to be hilarious when they play again and UND wins

Our AD has offered UND four chances to play, they've said no every time.

Here is the truth..Student are there because they could fog a mirror and no other place accepted them.Student/athletes are there because they were academic non-aq's or no other school wanted them. Coach Kill will hang 40 up and run the backups in the 4th quarter. Funny, Wisconsin plays South Dakota the same day. Both schools get nice paychecks for showing up. Now go home and touch touch your sister. " There takin our Jobs! dirka, dirka.

SAT scores (25/75 percentile):

Critical Reading: 470 – 630
Math: 500 – 650
Combined: 970 – 1280

Percent of first-time, first-year students enrolled in Fall 2006 with scores in each range:
SAT Critical Reading SAT Math
700-800 9.0% 12.0%
600-699 31.0% 28.0%
500-599 25.0% 40.0%
400-499 29.0% 15.0%
300-399 6.0%

ACT scores (25/75 percentile):

English: 18 – 24
Math: 20 – 26
Composite: 20 – 25

Percent of first-time, first-year students enrolled in Fall 2006 with scores in each range:
ACT Composite ACT English ACT Math
30-36 6.0% 7.0% 7.0%
24-29 36.0% 27.0% 44.0%
18-23 53.0% 49.0% 39.0%
12-17 5.0% 16.0% 10.0%

yup scared of a team that loves moral victories and beat drake. und ended the rivalry. gene taylor offered an every other year contract recently and UND turned it down

That's because UND wanted an EVERY year contract. That would be like Wisconsin offering Minnesota an every other year contract. There is NO way in hell it would happen. NDSU needs to man up and start playing UND every year. I love UND football (I hate their hockey team, but I love their football, just not near as much as Minnesota football) but NDSU's AD needs to man up and play UND every year. Give it two years AT MOST and UND will be ranked higher than NDSU in FCS. Guaranteed

That's actually probably true of the football team, from my experiences dealing with them back in the day, but I would agree with those who say that NDSU is a pretty good school. Their engineering program is very good. I have several friends who graduated from the engineering school.

UND is actually a pretty good school as well for that matter, especially in aerospace.

Funny story. My wife, who is a year older than me, toured NDSU, MSU and Concordia in the same weekend, choosing MSU (thankfully, because that way I met her). One of the reasons she didn't like NDSU - too many ugly hicks wearing shiny embroidered jackets.

That's because UND wanted an EVERY year contract. That would be like Wisconsin offering Minnesota an every other year contract. There is NO way in hell it would happen. NDSU needs to man up and start playing UND every year. I love UND football (I hate their hockey team, but I love their football, just not near as much as Minnesota football) but NDSU's AD needs to man up and play UND every year. Give it two years AT MOST and UND will be ranked higher than NDSU in FCS. Guaranteed

actually no. because MN and Wisky play in the same conference. nice comparison though. you are pointless arguing with as you're a typical UND fan. this is an NDSU-Gopher thread. we dont care about our little sister to the north and MN fans dont care either. but whatever helps keep you relevant in your mind

You make a great point, and I fully believe it is because NDSU was jealous that UND was better than them in all sports, including football.

TO ALL NDSU FANS: UND still has the Nickel trophy

NDSU went D1 because they saw D2 was dying. Teams were moving up. NDSU threw UND a 1 year notice and said you are free to join us, we did the research. If we can do this, you are fully capable too. UND said no, we like it here. NDSU becomes successful, UND sees that it worked out fine. UND follows the same trail, albeit less successfully.

TO ALL UND FANS: NDSU still has 8 National Titles to your 1. Thats like Auburn braggin to Alabama that they are a better program. If NDSU and UND set foot on the same field this year, NDSU would probably win by about 25-30 points.

Why the UND fan is here I am unaware....trolling on a former rival's opponents forum is something I expect from Lakes. I don't care if you are a Gopher fan, you are still behaving as a UND fan and probably should be treated as such.

This makes me look bad that I am willing to get into that discussion on the Minnesota board but oh well. Random fact about North Dakota St., we have a grand total of 2 alumni starting in the NFL. Joe Mays: MLB for the Broncos, Craig Dahl(has a super bowl ring): FS St. Louis Rams.

Top Bottom