Did you know this about North Dakota State

This thread is actually quite hilarious

If you think this is hilarious...you should go see the prediction post on bisonville where its probably 95% that the Bison will will by at least 10 points. In fact, several posters have claimed it will be an upset if Minnesota wins on their own field.

Because we have had many, many good teams. Perhaps it was our best team since we made the transition to D1/FCS, but not the best team ever in most Bison fan's opinion. The best team ever would likely be the 1986 team (many players from Twincities/Whisky and MN in general btw), with the 1988 and 1990 teams being a close second. Keep in mind theat DII was very close in scholly's back then to what FCS is now.

Otherwise, if not here, where is the best place for me to go read about what the Gopher FB team is all about in terms of Offense, Defense and special teams--I like to know my opponent.

I'll hang up and listen.

To be honest, I don't even think we as fans know our team yet. It's been 3 completely different teams in all 3 weeks and the coaches have been showing all sorts of different things. They have said that on offense after the second game that they would change what they do just to make Gray comfortable. I will tell you one thing, they looked pretty good last week, if it weren't for Miami's quarterback making some unbelievable plays that game would have been a blowout. Q also looked much improved in his passing game last week and it will just continue to get better. The main worry on our defense had been our pass rush, but if their pass rush plays like it did last week I would fully expect us to have been 3-0 thus far. Minnesota hasn't run anything special this year. The new coaching staff is just keeping things simple to introduce the players into their system. Saturday will be a good game and I personally think of my Gophers as the underdog going into this game. We have a lot to prove and I'm hoping we can Saturday night.

Hahahaha What I was trying to say is that about the same amount of students come from MN as do from ND. If you can't wrap your head around that and take things too literally, I feel bad for you.

What you can't seem to wrap your head around is that this statement is not true. Not even close. And yes, I do take things like facts and figures literally. How else is one supposed to take them?

If you cannot understand that one of the largest portions of the student body come from MN, then that sucks for you.

I can understand that quite well, thank you. Nonetheless, that is not what you said.

You must be from SD.

Your powers of deduction are nonpareil.

Too bad your SDSU will get rolled by the Bison this year... you know, the boys from the goat-humping Dakota...

"My" SDSU? I couldn't give two sh*ts about SDSU. Beat them 222-0 for all I care.

The fact that you think someone with almost 5,000 posts on a Minnesota fan site cares, at all, about SDSU says far more about your intelligence level than I could ever hope to.

I would say "keep trollin'" but that implies that you're doing any of this on purpose.

Before you attempt to argue with dpdoll you should try using teh Google. I know the internet is a new thing for NoDak'ers, but NDSU seems to have mastered it. They are so good at it in fact that within 2 minutes of searching I was able to locate the webpage of their Office of Registration and Records. It had all sorts of nifty reports in it. For example, I present to you the Enrollment Cenus reports for the 2010-2011 school year. Including the enrollment numbers by state and county (pdf).

Do you know what it told me? That only 5,602 of 14,407 students came from MN. For your benefit, I pulled out new tool called a calculator and found out this is only 38.88%. I compared this number to the state that would logically deliver the largest percentage of NDSU's enrollment (FYI that state is North Dakota...weird coincidence that it's name is in the school's name huh?) ND residents attending NDSU to the tune of 6,956 students (48.28%). From these numbers I was able to deduce that 39% is far less than 70%. From that I was able to deduce that you are full of horse poo.

Also, this helpful report let me know that only 2,087 of those students came from the 11 MN counties that are defined by the Census Bureau as being part of the Twin Cities area. Which is even more signficant given the fact that those 11 counties contain approximately 65% of the state's population. Oddly enough, this means you are full of horse poo again.

I could have just +1'd dpdoll's concise rebuttal, but I felt like pointing out just how absurdly wrong you are. You are free to deduce all sorts of things about me in return. To make things a little more clear, yes, I did intend to come off like a d**k while fisking your pointless and horribly inaccurate post.

WTF difference does it make unless you are implying the teh Metro area is THE best thing since effin velcro and or vinyl siding??!! Really, what is your point?! BFD where the students come from!!

Never seen that Username before, we don't claim him. My best bet is that Vitojr belongs to UNI.

If you think this is hilarious...you should go see the prediction post on bisonville where its probably 95% that the Bison will will by at least 10 points. In fact, several posters have claimed it will be an upset if Minnesota wins on their own field.

I wouldn't disagree with that. I wouldn't expect Minnesota to lose by more than 10, but I personally would almost consider us the underdogs going into this game. Many people are really underestimating the Bison, especially while they're playing a very low and rebuilding program. We will have our hands full Saturday night, that's for sure.

How about some real numbers http://www.wday.com/event/article/id/52095/group/homepage/. The linked report says 1374.
A little oops on the link it references first year students entering immediately after high school. Multiply by four and it matches up pretty well with the other numbers. Figure 38% MN kids, 42% ND, and 20% other including International. I can see where 50/50 comes from 38% vs 42% they aren't counting other.

You could try doing what most people would do and say "about the same amount of students come from MN as do come from ND". It's called English. I believe they still teach it in ND. You said something different. It's not our fault you can't say what you mean. :)

Haha Hey I ain't no English major here. I took the only two required English classes I need for my major and said to hell with the rest of them. Nonetheless, to say that NDSU is full of inbreds and goat-humpers insinuates that a large chunk of Minnesotan's (myself included) are the same. ANYWAY, the Bison will give the Gophers a run for the money. At this point in time, I would have to say that NDSU takes this one. NDSU only lost 4 (I think) starters on defense and 4 (I think again) on offense from a team that should have made it to the finals last year until they got screwed in overtime by the zebras. We have two very, very good runningbacks and MN should put them to the test. I think it will come down to the passing game. Brock isn't the best QB out there by any means, but he will get the job done when needed.

You could try doing what most people would do and say "about the same amount of students come from MN as do come from ND". It's called English. I believe they still teach it in ND. You said something different. It's not our fault you can't say what you mean. :)

Haha Hey I ain't no English major here. I took the only two required English classes I need for my major and said to hell with the rest of them. Nonetheless, to say that NDSU is full of inbreds and goat-humpers insinuates that a large chunk of Minnesotan's (myself included) are the same. ANYWAY, the Bison will give the Gophers a run for the money. At this point in time, I would have to say that NDSU takes this one. NDSU only lost 4 (I think) starters on defense and 4 (I think again) on offense from a team that should have made it to the finals last year until they got screwed in overtime by the zebras. We have two very, very good runningbacks and MN should put them to the test. I think it will come down to the passing game. Brock isn't the best QB out there by any means, but he will get the job done when needed.

To be honest, I don't even think we as fans know our team yet. It's been 3 completely different teams in all 3 weeks and the coaches have been showing all sorts of different things. They have said that on offense after the second game that they would change what they do just to make Gray comfortable. I will tell you one thing, they looked pretty good last week, if it weren't for Miami's quarterback making some unbelievable plays that game would have been a blowout. Q also looked much improved in his passing game last week and it will just continue to get better. The main worry on our defense had been our pass rush, but if their pass rush plays like it did last week I would fully expect us to have been 3-0 thus far. Minnesota hasn't run anything special this year. The new coaching staff is just keeping things simple to introduce the players into their system. Saturday will be a good game and I personally think of my Gophers as the underdog going into this game. We have a lot to prove and I'm hoping we can Saturday night.

Thank you, that's interesting. I hear bits and pieces up here on what is going on with the program, listen to KFAN to and from work (about 40 minute commute) but it's good to hear it from a fan in the seats so to speak. This will make it difficult for our DC to prepare our D, but, again, I am more concerned about our OC against your DC--could get ugly if our OC has to think/adjust on the fly>

Just so you know, about 70% of the students at NDSU are from MN... A majority of those come from the twin cities area as well... So before you bash NDSU and slander about inbreeding, consider your own roots first. .

WTF difference does it make unless you are implying the teh Metro area is THE best thing since effin velcro and or vinyl siding??!! Really, what is your point?! BFD where the students come from!!

He was responding to your boy Vito's statement.

This is a lot of commotion about a glorified junior college that plays their home game in what looks like a giant Home Depot.

I can't get away from this thread. Everytime I go back to the main football board there are new posts here. Time to microwave some popcorn and just keep hitting the refresh button, I guess.

Thank you, that's interesting. I hear bits and pieces up here on what is going on with the program, listen to KFAN to and from work (about 40 minute commute) but it's good to hear it from a fan in the seats so to speak. This will make it difficult for our DC to prepare our D, but, again, I am more concerned about our OC against your DC--could get ugly if our OC has to think/adjust on the fly>

Thanks, it would be nice to know where the strengths and weaknesses of your team lie, in your opinion of course. I would say our biggest glaring weakness is on the D-Line with the pass rush, which in turn, makes the coverage team look a lot worse than it is. When the opposing teams QB can escape pressure and has all day to throw, someone will eventually get open.

Again, not knowing much about NDSU's players, other than McNorton, who sounds like an animal, it would be nice to know of players to watch/keep and eye on for the games sake.

Who are the starters on the OL for NDSU?

Yeah our run defense is pretty solid, nothing special, though. Our corners struggled against USC and NMSU but they came out and made some huge plays last weekend. If NDSU can get control on the ground it will be a long day for Minnesota. But Minnesota has looked particularly good against the run game this year. They have struggled a little bit with the short pass defense but even that looked better last week. The one thing Miami couldn't do last week was contain Gray. He was a quick and shifty runner when he got forced out of the pocket, there really isn't a defense too defend against him if he plays like last week unless you can force him into mistakes. Miami ran some QB spy's last week and Gray still ran for first downs. It will be an interesting game as this is the most athletic quarterback i've ever seen at the U. As an NDSU fan just be glad Brewster was an idiot and didn't play him in prior years because if he had experience under his belt he would be extremely dangerous right now.

He was responding to your boy Vito's statement.

I don't know who Vito is, but he isn't fairing very well here, is he.

@Khaliq: That ain't fair man. Have your ever been to the FargoDome? It is actually a damn nice place for our level of football. And NDSU is much more than a glorified Jr. College, but everyone it entitled to their respecitve opinions.

Otherwise, yes, you will find that NDSU has some over the top fans who just stir things up before knowing what is in the pot, but we will have a lot of seats filled in the Bank!!

Haha Hey I ain't no English major here. I took the only two required English classes I need for my major and said to hell with the rest of them.
Touche. :)

Nonetheless, to say that NDSU is full of inbreds and goat-humpers insinuates that a large chunk of Minnesotan's (myself included) are the same.
Lord knows why you chose to go there. But inbreeding is contagious you know (tongue planted firmly in cheek).

FWIW, I don't know if you've lurked on the board long or not but the reason everyone here rags on NDSU so bad is that your primary ambassador for years was LakesBison. So yea, bad taste and all that.

Also, there isn't a single BCS fanbase that will look kindly at the fans of a 1AA school coming on their board and predicting victory. The causes of that aren't rocket science.

By the way, I will say that I do respect CAS4127 for not coming on here and being a complete idiot like some of the other NDSUcks fans. He's just here to talk some football and I can't disrespect a man for that.

This is a lot of commotion about a glorified junior college that plays their home game in what looks like a giant Home Depot.

Hey now - not every school can be the #181 "national" (hur, hur) university in the country.

Here is a link to our roster: http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=2400&SPID=695&SPSID=11845

Players to watch--in not particular order(also, notice where most are from if you look up the link):

#1-Williams (CB)
#8-McNorton (RB)
#20-Heagle (SS)
#22-Ojuri (RB)
#38-Littlejohn (LB)
#40-Grothman (FB--kid is an effin animal)
#56-Jemison (LB--very athletic)
#71-Gimmestad (OG who is very mobile)
#77-Turner (OT--he is huge--looks like Loadholt(sp?)
#78-Cornick(OG--tough bastard who kinda likes to fight)
#81-Holloway (WR--descent speed, good hands, but not a burnerr)
#82-Veldmen (TE--6'7'' and can catch over the middle/top of LB's and safeties).

Our weaknesses are our offensive play calling, our QB is young and telegraphs his passes, our receiving core is suspect as a group, McNorton jukes and jives a bit too much when the hole isn't right there, and the cadence of our offense is generally slow.

On D, we have outstanding team speed (we run a 4-3 btw), we are very athletic, but not big, so we can get pushed around a bit against bigger/stronger opponents. We have a good DC who knows how to make adjustments, and you may see #1 playing on Sundays--he is that good. If our LB's can keep track of and manage Grey, we should do OK, but we are very susceptable to a good running QB out of spread/read option play--that could get ugly, especially if it is late in the game, and you guys have the ball. Please don't let it come down to that, please!!!!

Fat white guys.

Ahh, you might want to take a look at B-Turner (#77). Plays left tackle is 6'7'', from Metro area and is black/African American depending on how PC you are.

Touche. :)

Lord knows why you chose to go there. But inbreeding is contagious you know (tongue planted firmly in cheek).

FWIW, I don't know if you've lurked on the board long or not but the reason everyone here rags on NDSU so bad is that your primary ambassador for years was LakesBison. So yea, bad taste and all that.

Also, there isn't a single BCS fanbase that will look kindly at the fans of a 1AA school coming on their board and predicting victory. The causes of that aren't rocket science.

Haha I chose to come here because at the time, it was something like $120 cheaper per credit than the U of M and they have a damn good Electrical Engineering program here...

Also, in no means is Lakesbison our "ambassador". Even Bison fans think he is annoying and I'm 95% sure he was banned from Bisonville even (either that or he just gave up)...

Either way, I have nothing against the Gophers and generally I cheer for them because I was born and raised in MN. However, given the Bison football culture here in Fargo and NDSU is my college of choice, I'm rootin' for the Bison to win. Based off of what I have seen over the past 3 years out of the Bison program, and what I know about the Gopher football team (I used to play football in HS with Josh Campion, who I hope plays Saturday), I think the Bison will pull out the win.

Back to the Game

I am likely the only one on this board so far that has seen all of the games both teams have played, since I am a fan of both, so here is my two cents on the match ups.

Bison O vs Gopher D:

If I am Jerry Kill I am liking this match up, his team's strength against the Bison strength. The Bison like to pound the rock and force their will against the defense. However, I think the Gophers have been very tough against the run, I think the front 7 plays the run very well and, in particular, I think the DTs do a good job in the interior and Tinsley is a beast. Obviously we all know the Gopher secondary is suspect outside of Stoudermire, however, the Bison have only one solid WR and Jensen is not a particularly good passer, less than 40% last year, and while his percentages have improved in the first two games against very soft competition, he does not go through his progressions and his out pattern throws are weak and lack velocity. He is an interception waiting to happen in my opinion. The strength of the Bison O are the two RBs, McNorton and Ojuri, the OTs, both from MN, and the LG. As CAS said, the OC for the Bison sucks.

Gopher O vs Bison D:

Gray's running ability is likely keeping the Bison DC up at night. As CAS said, the Bison have struggled against athletic running QBs. The Bison DEs are excellent and may be able to put pressure on Gray when he is back to pass, containing Gray in the pocket is a completely different matter, however. The Bison have not replaced Gratzek at DT and it has yet to been seen if Levon Perry, also from the metro area, can hold up at DT along with another inexperienced nosepeg. The interior of the Bison DL is suspect in my opinion and Kirkwood could have big day, although as Limegrover has pointed out, I am not sure the interior OL for the Gophers are playing to their potential yet. McKnight is also a superior WR, and if I was the Bison DC I would man him up with the Bison's best CB, Marcus Williams from Hopkins High.

Special Teams:

I give the distinct advantage to the Gophers who have an excellent punter and placekicker versus the Bison who have a serviceable punter and a horribly inconsistent PK. Also, Stoudermire is a beast running back kicks and the Bison have not done well covering kick offs in their first two games. I hope this game doesn't come down to a blocked punt, I think this aspect also favors the Gophers because of their overall team speed coming off the edge.

Coaching:

I give a slight advantage to the Bison, largely because the players have been in the same system with largely the same coaches for several years. I love Kill and think he is a great hire, especially since he brought a lot of continuity with him to Minnesota. However, the team is learning yet another system, and if you include the revolving door at OC and DC under Brewster, the players on offense are on like their 5th coach in as many years and the defense is on their fourth coach in the last five, or is it vice versa? I can't keep up, quite frankly, and I think this has hurt the Gophers development as players.

I expect a close and hard fought game. Looking forward to it :clap:

Ahh, you might want to take a look at B-Turner (#77). Plays left tackle is 6'7'', from Metro area and is black/African American depending on how PC you are.
What's his nickname? Fargo's black community?

By the way, I will say that I do respect CAS4127 for not coming on here and being a complete idiot like some of the other NDSUcks fans. He's just here to talk some football and I can't disrespect a man for that.

I smell a UND Fighting Who fan here....

Top Bottom