Did you know this about North Dakota State

Say Whaaa?

Is that the combined wonderlic score of the starting offense? They played who so far? When they wake up Monday they are still in NorDak getting a degree out of a wheaties box good for a life on the lube rack, trying to come up with the words to ask there first cousin to marry and breed.

Just so you know, about 70% of the students at NDSU are from MN... A majority of those come from the twin cities area as well... So before you bash NDSU and slander about inbreeding, consider your own roots first. Also, the second to the last meeting between NDSU and the U of M came down to a blocked field goal in the final seconds of the game, and the last game we (NDSU) manhandled the U of M. The score might not say it, but we ran up and down all over your defense. Don't forget it. It will be a tight game this weekend and I'm not sure who will win. It will be close.

Just so you know, about 70% of the students at NDSU are from MN... A majority of those come from the twin cities area as well... So before you bash NDSU and slander about inbreeding, consider your own roots first. Also, the second to the last meeting between NDSU and the U of M came down to a blocked field goal in the final seconds of the game, and the last game we (NDSU) manhandled the U of M. The score might not say it, but we ran up and down all over your defense. Don't forget it. It will be a tight game this weekend and I'm not sure who will win. It will be close.

FYI, popeyoung5 is a Badger fan reliving his college years again through his son who recently enrolled at the U.

NDSU fan here (and former player). As an FYI, we believe we are one of the best teams in the FCS this year. Frankly, the best teams in the FCS should beat the lower FBS teams (which the Gophers are right now--improving though). Consequently, we expect to beat you guys, and will be very disappointed if whe don't. Losing to you guys could be telling for us as to whether we are as good of an FCS as we think we are.

That all said, I would surmize that you have more talented athletes, as in numbers, but we are a very athletic team this year. One of our problems (weaknesses if you will) is that we have had over the last 2-3 years much difficulty in stopping a good running QB. This year, however, our LB's are very athletic--not real big, but athletic and can run. We are fairly deep at LB and DL.

On offense, you will see a fairly big OL, and relatively young QB (improving--but telegraphs his passes), one good receiver (Holloway) and two good RB's (McNorton and Ojuri). The RB's could play in the Big 10(12), as could at least 2 of our starting OL.

We will try to pound the ball, but will mix in some misdirection and a short passing game to soften the middle up.

Should be a good game. Hoping for an NDSU win, expecting one, but won't be surprised if we lose either, just disappointed.
Alright, NDSU is a good team this year but the only way your fans expect to win is because they are arrogant. NDSU's best team ever barely beat the Gophers worst team ever, so for your fans to be disappointed at a loss is just ridiculous. Now, NDSU could very easily win this game but it will still be an upset. But McNorton is a very good RB, NDSU's offensive line is always good and this year their DL seems pretty studly as well. If the Gophers don't take this team seriously they will lose.

Nice post... thanks. I would like to think I'd put it the same way if I was visiting another fan board. It makes for a nice dialog to have a good discussion with opponent fans from time to time. Anyway, good info and I appreciate the balanced thoughtful contribution to this thread.

I agree. Good post by CAS4127. This is NDSU's Super Bowl for the regular season. They have a bunch of MN kids on the team. 12 of the 15 kids listed on OL roster are from MN.

The Gophers have to control the ball and take advantage of NDSU having 6 guys on Defense that are sophomore's or younger.

If I had to choose between living in N.D. or Mongolia, it's not even close... hands down Mongolia.

And yes, NDSU used to be made up of something like 60% MN students, 34% ND, and 6% elsewhere. As of Spring 2011, ND and MN have almost exactly the same enrollment numbers at NDSU. My mistake. I was going off of stats that were 3 years old. My bad. *roll eyes now*

I have actually heard that number before from friends that go to NDSU and from my brother's high school when he was looking at colleges.

They just said on the Fargo news lastnight that UND and NDSU each had about 1,500 kids from Minnesota. That's more like 10%.

@DGopher: I don't understand why NDSU fans are considered arrogant by expecting to win. We are confident we have a good team, and playing you guys will tell us whether that is the case or not. I am not interested in getting into any sort of pissing match here, but isn't thinking you are going to win because you are an FBS team v. a FCS team really where the arrogance lies?!

Now, back to substance, I am not sure that the Bison team that beat you was our "best team ever". Some of our skill positions were damn good that year, but this 2011 team has much more depth and overall team speed. One downfall is that we have a very suspect offensive coordinator who may be over his head a bit when up against a Kill-coached team. When this happens, he usually goes quite conservative, and that could spell danger for us if we can't run between and just off the tackles, because that is what his safety mode is.

I have not been able to watch the Gophers this year. Do you run a spread/read option offense? Also, what is your base D, 3-4, 4-3 . . .? How good are your corners? Enough speed to man up on us so as to allow you to keep 8 in the box? What about your LB's, are they "rangy" or just big, physical hitters. Are's are the former. I think we average about 5'11, 220 pounds, but they can run. Same with our D-line, they are athletic. We have one very good corner (#1), Williams and a big hitting safety in Heagle (#20).

Hope the weather is conducive to a nice afternoon of tailgating and a good game where the elements don't dictate play calling.

Current NDSU student here....Its about 50% Minnesotans at NDSU. Maybe a bit more...but not 70%.

Either way, whoever said NDSU has an arrogant fanbase is getting NDSU confused with UND. Someone mentioned how NDSU only beat Minnesota because Minnesota was having their worst season ever. That season the U's only win was against Miami (OH). Right now, The U is 1-2 with the win against Miami. The season the U beat NDSU, they beat them by 1 point. The U went to their last bowl game that season. NDSU has been pretty good for FCS, and the U has come on hard times (Brewster can do that to you). Is there anything wrong with people from NDSU are coming in expecting an NDSU victory? No. I fully expect Minnesota fans to be confident in a win as well.

Current NDSU student here....Its about 50% Minnesotans at NDSU. Maybe a bit more...but not 70%.

Either way, whoever said NDSU has an arrogant fanbase is getting NDSU confused with UND. Someone mentioned how NDSU only beat Minnesota because Minnesota was having their worst season ever. That season the U's only win was against Miami (OH). Right now, The U is 1-2 with the win against Miami. The season the U beat NDSU, they beat them by 1 point. The U went to their last bowl game that season. NDSU has been pretty good for FCS, and the U has come on hard times (Brewster can do that to you). Is there anything wrong with people from NDSU are coming in expecting an NDSU victory? No. I fully expect Minnesota fans to be confident in a win as well.
No, the U didn't go to their last bowl game in 2006. Try again.

They just said on the Fargo news lastnight that UND and NDSU each had about 1,500 kids from Minnesota. That's more like 10%.

This is definitely wrong. Look at the stats on NDSU's registrars website. It is almost exactly split between ND and MN now at something like 5200 Undergrad apiece. Then you have your Graduate students and about 1200 foreign or out of state students.

I stand corrected.

Yes, you do.

It is almost split exactly 50/50 as of Spring 2011.

No. No it is not.

http://www.ndsu.edu/fileadmin/registrar/enrollment/1130/report-g.pdf

Where I come from (the good, non-inbred, non-goat-humping Dakota), 5,136 divided by 13,533 equals 37.95%. If 37.95% is "almost exactly 50/50", then I'm sure you won't mind if the feds take an extra 12% on your taxes this year.

I shouldn't say that, actually. The last sentence assumes you work and don't live off the government.

Nonetheless, a ton of students are from MN.

Actually, it is much more than that. Probably more like 450 tons.

Get over it.

No. You get over making sh*t up and posting it on my board.

@DGopher: I don't understand why NDSU fans are considered arrogant by expecting to win. We are confident we have a good team, and playing you guys will tell us whether that is the case or not. I am not interested in getting into any sort of pissing match here, but isn't thinking you are going to win because you are an FBS team v. a FCS team really where the arrogance lies?!

Now, back to substance, I am not sure that the Bison team that beat you was our "best team ever". Some of our skill positions were damn good that year, but this 2011 team has much more depth and overall team speed. One downfall is that we have a very suspect offensive coordinator who may be over his head a bit when up against a Kill-coached team. When this happens, he usually goes quite conservative, and that could spell danger for us if we can't run between and just of the tackles, because that is what is safety mode is.

I have not been able to watch the Gophers this year. Do you run a spread/read option offense? Also, what is your base D, 3-4, 4-3 . . .? How good are your corners? Enough speed to man up on us so as to allow you to keep 8 in the box? What about your LB's, are they "rangy" or just big, physical hitters. Are's are the former. I think we average about 5'11, 220 pounds, but they can run. Same with our D-line, they are athletic. We have on very good corner (#1), Williams and a big hitting safety in Heagle (#20).

Hope the weather is conducive to a nice afternoon of tailgating and a good game where the elements don't dictate play calling.
Alright maybe expecting to win isn't arrogance I should have used a different word. But how could you honestly say that wasn't your best team ever?

Just so you know, about 70% of the students at NDSU are from MN... A majority of those come from the twin cities area as well...

Before you attempt to argue with dpdoll you should try using teh Google. I know the internet is a new thing for NoDak'ers, but NDSU seems to have mastered it. They are so good at it in fact that within 2 minutes of searching I was able to locate the webpage of their Office of Registration and Records. It had all sorts of nifty reports in it. For example, I present to you the Enrollment Cenus reports for the 2010-2011 school year. Including the enrollment numbers by state and county (pdf).

Do you know what it told me? That only 5,602 of 14,407 students came from MN. For your benefit, I pulled out new tool called a calculator and found out this is only 38.88%. I compared this number to the state that would logically deliver the largest percentage of NDSU's enrollment (FYI that state is North Dakota...weird coincidence that it's name is in the school's name huh?) ND residents attending NDSU to the tune of 6,956 students (48.28%). From these numbers I was able to deduce that 39% is far less than 70%. From that I was able to deduce that you are full of horse poo.

Also, this helpful report let me know that only 2,087 of those students came from the 11 MN counties that are defined by the Census Bureau as being part of the Twin Cities area. Which is even more signficant given the fact that those 11 counties contain approximately 65% of the state's population. Oddly enough, this means you are full of horse poo again.

I could have just +1'd dpdoll's concise rebuttal, but I felt like pointing out just how absurdly wrong you are. You are free to deduce all sorts of things about me in return. To make things a little more clear, yes, I did intend to come off like a d**k while fisking your pointless and horribly inaccurate post.

I stand corrected. It is almost split exactly 50/50 as of Spring 2011. Nonetheless, a ton of students are from MN. Get over it.

I certainly hope you didn't get your statistical training at NDSU. 12% less is not typically considered to be an even split.

Alright maybe expecting to win isn't arrogance I should have used a different word. But how could you honestly say that wasn't your best team ever?

Because we have had many, many good teams. Perhaps it was our best team since we made the transition to D1/FCS, but not the best team ever in most Bison fan's opinion. The best team ever would likely be the 1986 team (many players from Twincities/Whisky and MN in general btw), with the 1988 and 1990 teams being a close second. Keep in mind theat DII was very close in scholly's back then to what FCS is now.

Otherwise, if not here, where is the best place for me to go read about what the Gopher FB team is all about in terms of Offense, Defense and special teams--I like to know my opponent.

I'll hang up and listen.

Yes, you do.

No. No it is not.

http://www.ndsu.edu/fileadmin/registrar/enrollment/1130/report-g.pdf

Where I come from (the good, non-inbred, non-goat-humping Dakota), 5,136 divided by 13,533 equals 37.95%. If 37.95% is "almost exactly 50/50", then I'm sure you won't mind if the feds take an extra 12% on your taxes this year.

I shouldn't say that, actually. The last sentence assumes you work and don't live off the government.

Actually, it is much more than that. Probably more like 450 tons.

No. You get over making sh*t up and posting it on my board.

Hahahaha What I was trying to say is that about the same amount of students come from MN as do from ND. If you can't wrap your head around that and take things too literally, I feel bad for you. If you cannot understand that one of the largest portions of the student body come from MN, then that sucks for you. You must be from SD. Too bad your SDSU will get rolled by the Bison this year... you know, the boys from the goat-humping Dakota...

ARGH! Why did I even bother? Should have known dpdoll would beat me to it. :)

Before you attempt to argue with dpdoll you should try using teh Google. I know the internet is a new thing for NoDak'ers, but NDSU seems to have mastered it. They are so good at it in fact that within 2 minutes of searching I was able to locate the webpage of their Office of Registration and Records. It had all sorts of nifty reports in it. For example, I present to you the Enrollment Cenus reports for the 2010-2011 school year. Including the enrollment numbers by state and county (pdf).

Do you know what it told me? That only 5,602 of 14,407 students came from MN. For your benefit, I pulled out new tool called a calculator and found out this is only 38.88%. I compared this number to the state that would logically deliver the largest percentage of NDSU's enrollment (FYI that state is North Dakota...weird coincidence that it's name is in the school's name huh?) ND residents attending NDSU to the tune of 6,956 students (48.28%). From these numbers I was able to deduce that 39% is far less than 70%. From that I was able to deduce that you are full of horse poo.

Also, this helpful report let me know that only 2,087 of those students came from the 11 MN counties that are defined by the Census Bureau as being part of the Twin Cities area. Which is even more signficant given the fact that those 11 counties contain approximately 65% of the state's population. Oddly enough, this means you are full of horse poo again.

I could have just +1'd dpdoll's concise rebuttal, but I felt like pointing out just how absurdly wrong you are. You are free to deduce all sorts of things about me in return. To make things a little more clear, yes, I did intend to come off like a d**k while fisking your pointless and horribly inaccurate post.

+1. Love the retort. haha. But I would prefer to dicuss the in's and out's of the game more. With that, thanks to CAS 4127 for at least bringing some prevolant information to the discussion from the Bison prospective as I do not know much about there team. Although, I have heard of DJ McNorton, from all accounts he sounds like a beast. Hopefully our run defense will continue to improve as it sounds that NDSU does rely heavily on the run. IMO.

Hahahaha What I was trying to say is that about the same amount of students come from MN as do from ND. If you can't wrap your head around that and take things too literally, I feel bad for you.
You could try doing what most people would do and say "about the same amount of students come from MN as do come from ND". It's called English. I believe they still teach it in ND. You said something different. It's not our fault you can't say what you mean. :)

Just win. This team can't look past anyone at any time.

Top Bottom