Deion Sanders Replaces Mike Sanford as Head Coach at Colorado | Tim Brewster Likely Lead Assistant

Just like Coach Brewster aspired to be and coach Fleck is working toward being a hybrid version of.
Brewster's undoing was largely that he had a revolving door at the coordinator positions. Brew could have probably been fine if he had some continuity there. I really believe that. He didn't just change coordinators, he changed coordinators that had completely different schemes. It was destined to be a disaster

Coach Prime is all about Coach Prime, and I don't see this going well at all. CP is all about keeping himself in the spotlight, so more endorsement deals keep rolling in. He will soon find out that major college football is more work than he wants to put in to achieve on-field success. Plus, when the wins don't come, the media will turn and ignore him.

He would have been much better off in the long-run being the famous coach at a HBCU. Deion hiring at JSU brought some long-overdue attention to the HCBU's, and he could have built a revival.

Possibly, but I think you're selling Prime short. He's never been averse to hard work, and he's no idiot. He may not bring Colorado to a top-10 program, but I highly doubt that this will be failure. He's been around long enough to know what works and what will not

Possibly, but I think you're selling Prime short. He's never been averse to hard work, and he's no idiot. He may not bring Colorado to a top-10 program, but I highly doubt that this will be failure. He's been around long enough to know what works and what will not

The odds are high that Deon elevates Colorado. Let's face it, Colorado is a total dumpster fire and anything is an improvement to where they are now. However, if I had an over/under of 5 years for Deon lasting at Colorado, I'd go the under.

The odds are high that Deon elevates Colorado. Let's face it, Colorado is a total dumpster fire and anything is an improvement to where they are now. However, if I had an over/under of 5 years for Deon lasting at Colorado, I'd go the under.
I mean if they’re become the worst power 5 program in the country for the next 4 years…that would mean coach sanders is a push.

They’ve had 17 go to the transfer portal just today. Depth is going to be an issue for a year or two.

Quote from Deion Sanders in the Twitter Link Above:

"This is what I'm talking about. The PAC 12 can't retain players and this is why we (Colorado) are trying to leave this conference ASAP.

- Coach Prime when asked about the thirteen players transferring following the spring game
(Monday April 24th)

IMG_4729.jpeg

"This is what I'm talking about. The PAC 12 can't retain players and this is why we (Colorado) are trying to leave this conference ASAP.

- Coach Prime when asked about the thirteen players transferring following the spring game
(Monday April 24th)

View attachment 25241

❤️ the 🤠

(Monday April 24th)

View attachment 25241
He says after he literally has run dozens of guys off

(Monday April 24th)

View attachment 25241
What a clown. The other PAC12 teams don’t seem to have the same issue. I’m sure the public press conference where you told the team to pack there bags had nothing to do with it.

Prime was able to move Jackson State in the right direction very quickly. I see him having no issues moving Colorado in the same direction. He does things in a way that works for his program. Most will look at it and say that he is doing it wrong, but the only thing that matters is putting up Wins. I suspect he beat Nebraska this year, easily. They play a tough schedule with TCU in the mix as well. Plus he signed a solid class for freshman already, and is trending that way with the 24 class as well.

Prime was able to move Jackson State in the right direction very quickly. I see him having no issues moving Colorado in the same direction. He does things in a way that works for his program. Most will look at it and say that he is doing it wrong, but the only thing that matters is putting up Wins. I suspect he beat Nebraska this year, easily. They play a tough schedule with TCU in the mix as well. Plus he signed a solid class for freshman already, and is trending that way with the 24 class as well.
I think it's a lot easier at a lower level where you can get talent just because of who he is. He'll initially get that at Colorado but if he doesn't win fairly quickly, I think the excitement will wear off.

(Monday April 24th)

View attachment 25241
If this is a real quote it makes me laugh

Watching Colorado FB this year will be like watching your crazy-ass neighbor stacking all kinds of shaky crap into an unstable base upon which he places the bottom of an extension ladder so it will reach the highest part of a tree that needs to have a broken branch cut off. The pile shifts and shakes as he climbs up the ladder with chainsaw running and you know something spectacular is about to happen…you’re just not sure how it’s going to turn out!

It's ridiculous. He ran people off and now is blaming it on the conference they're in?
46 players gone (as of last count)....

Next highest teams are (numbers stolen from reddit):
  • Ole Miss/Arizona State: 29
  • Arkansas: 27
  • Cal/Oregon/Texas A&M: 26
Yeah must be the PAC's fault ...

Their page on 247 for transfers only is rather lengthy. 29 transfers in so far.

I think his point is crazy, but if your numbers are correct he is actually accurate. 25% of the conference schools are in the top 7 for most transfers in the country.

It's ridiculous. He ran people off and now is blaming it on the conference they're in?
And what’s worse.

Let’s say best case scenario the quote is true.
Now all coaches recruiting against him can use him thinking his own conference is crappy against him in recruiting.

Brewster's undoing was largely that he had a revolving door at the coordinator positions. Brew could have probably been fine if he had some continuity there. I really believe that. He didn't just change coordinators, he changed coordinators that had completely different schemes. It was destined to be a disaster
He was and is not HC material. His path since here demonstrates that pretty clearly.

He was able to out talent his opponents at Jackson State, he won’t be able to do that at Colorado. No matter how well he recruits he will never be out recruiting teams USC and Oregon by a massive amount.

Top Bottom