Dawson Garcia will return to Minnesota next season!!!

I lived in the south for a fairly brief period and I could believe that easily. They tend to have lower taxes and lower government investment but that does leave more money in their pockets to donate to churches and athletics.
This is pure bs and shows how deep the propoganda is ingrained, Minnesota is a top charitable state in the country and Northern states dominate the list. Minnesotans don't yap and brag so it makes sense people would think otherwise.

Last edited:

This is pure bs and shows how deep the propoganda is ingrained, Minnesota is a top charitable state in the country and Northern states dominate the list. Minnesotans don't yap and brag so it makes sense people would think otherwise.
That claim is questionable. Most of these rankings include the percentage of the population that give $25 per year or more. That's not being charitable. Overall conservatives are quite a bit more charitable than liberals- which certainly calls into question the likelihood that Minnesota is a highly charitable state (since it leans left).

I’m certain you can’t verify that since one of the more egregious errors of the newest corruption in college sports is that there is no accountability of how much and where the money is coming through the collectives. We know there are some high profile donors but don’t know much else.

A guy I know who is involved in this says there is a msssive cultural disparity between north and south on this. Schools down south are much more likely to get wide pools of donors than up here, and it isn’t just corporate founders. It’s normal people wanting to tell their neighbors they are sponsoring the next star running back with $100/month. It might not be massive donors, but the wide pool makes money available to players most of us would ask why they are getting paid.

The more small donors, the better chance big donors come through because they see it’s important to their potential customers.

The system stinks to high Heaven, but any reform won’t come with assumptions spewed as facts.

College sports in general are culturally more important in the south and part of family traditions, etc…

When in MN I worked with a woman who was a genteel southern belle who was prim and proper, until I started talking smack about her Clemson 🐯 and she proceeded to put me in my place. She had grown up watching them Tiggers with her Daddy and they were sacrosanct to her.

Last edited:

That claim is questionable. Most of these rankings include the percentage of the population that give $25 per year or more. That's not being charitable. Overall conservatives are quite a bit more charitable than liberals- which certainly calls into question the likelihood that Minnesota is a highly charitable state (since it leans left).
One way of measuring but Minnesota is also one of the most charitable on a per Capita dollar basis. Once again claims need to be backed in facts and not feelings.

Burns very much implied exactly this with his preposterous statement.

No, he didn't. But even if that is how you interpreted what was posted, your response was that:

DTA played no part in Garcia's decision to stay;

Garcia would have stayed even if Minnesota had no NIL program at all; and

Garcia did not stay for any reason having anything to do with NIL.

You made all of that up. None of it is based on anything other than your imagination and what you wish to be true, but you stated it all as if it were fact. And then you had the audacity to call his post dishonest.

I’m certain you can’t verify that since one of the more egregious errors of the newest corruption in college sports is that there is no accountability of how much and where the money is coming through the collectives. We know there are some high profile donors but don’t know much else.

A guy I know who is involved in this says there is a msssive cultural disparity between north and south on this. Schools down south are much more likely to get wide pools of donors than up here, and it isn’t just corporate founders. It’s normal people wanting to tell their neighbors they are sponsoring the next star running back with $100/month. It might not be massive donors, but the wide pool makes money available to players most of us would ask why they are getting paid.

The more small donors, the better chance big donors come through because they see it’s important to their potential customers.

The system stinks to high Heaven, but any reform won’t come with assumptions spewed as facts.
OK. Good post.

You're of course right, no one knows the true numbers because none of these rat collectives have the balls to put their numbers out there. Too afraid. Shining beacons of honesty.

Yes, he did.

Where? He said it was a win. Your response was "Burns already lying that DTA was the reason it happened." He didn't say that, you made it up and called him a liar.

No I did not.

Where in the post does it say "I am stating this as a fact" ?
It's all taken directly from your post. Are you under the impression that unless you say some magic words your language can mean whatever you want?

If I say "Hank Aaron hit exactly 362 home runs in his major league career" that is a statement of fact that is either correct or incorrect. It isn't an opinion just because I didn't expressly declare that I intended for the reader to believe that it was a fact.

Where? He said it was a win. Your response was "Burns already lying that DTA was the reason it happened." He didn't say that, you made it up and called him a liar.

It's all taken directly from your post. Are you under the impression that unless you say some magic words your language can mean whatever you want?

If I say "Hank Aaron hit exactly 362 home runs in his major league career" that is a statement of fact that is either correct or incorrect. It isn't an opinion just because I didn't expressly declare that I intended for the reader to believe that it was a fact.
You're 100% accurate.

They're a child. Probably with his finger in his mom's face saying 'I'm not touching you'. Dude loves to make outlandish statements without a shread of proof and asks you to prove him wrong and yet won't accept simple statements without proper citations. Must be nice to live in that world.

Thank god I have him/her/they on ignore so I don't have to see their response.

Last edited:

This just isn’t accurate at all. Conservatives are more charitable to churches but not necessarily overall. Minnesota consistently ranks in the top 10, no matter how you measure it.

The top states have one thing in common: they’re almost all in the northern half of the country. Some are historically conservative, some liberal.

I wouldn’t be surprised if southern states donate a greater percentage to churches and college athletics, but definitely not overall.

Incorrect

Minnesota actually ranks number 8. D.C. is #1. The first southern state listed is Alabama, at 18. Now, let’s get back to basketball. (A lot of these arguments are easily settled with a quick Google search.)

Since it appears that Ben put his X out after Burns, it looks like Ben wanted to make it clear Dinkey had nothing, or little to do with retaining DG. Which if my admittedly tea leaf reading is correct, I would have done also. That’s what’s so frustrating. No one has to release any legitimate data, not even on what program gets what. Some people I am sure would want to give money to Dinkey, but not if it went to football, or MB, or hockey. So they just don’t give any. It’s like someone calls as for a political donation, and won’t tell you which candidate?
You can designate sports

Top Bottom