Darius Taylor and Daniel Jackson dealing with injuries.

This Taylor and Jackson thread seems detoured.

I love the bright bell sound of Taylor acoustics, and the finish and design of Jackson electrics look top.pro.

Is this a clue?

The player in the picture is #24.

RB Marcus Major.

Based on past years, they often have the “model” wear a jersey with the number of whatever year it is. As far as I remember they have rarely used actual players in their photoshoots.

Thanks! That makes sense. 24 = 2024. Well now I had better cover my UNC bet, joke.

I think he's out. A ton of money started pouring in on UNC.
I would put that as more it’s a coin flip game and our best two offensive players are reported as hurt. Even if they play, you want to get in before it’s “formally” announced as the line is going to swing much more if they don’t play.

Which is kind of funny because even though Taylor is great, we should still be able to run just fine. Not like losing a QB.
Agreed. If Taylor isn’t100% just sit him. We’ve seen our system can make running lanes and in wet conditions I love our OL to do it regardless of who is back there

Which is kind of funny because even though Taylor is great, we should still be able to run just fine. Not like losing a QB.
Going from almost 6 yards a carry to something like 4 or 4.5 is a pretty big drop off, especially if the QB play is just as bad as last year. Here's to hoping Brosmer is good, but nobody knows.

Taylor would be a big loss for tonight's game. And the way the money came in on UNC, it looks like someone had inside information. But I guess we'll find out in a few hours!

Going from almost 6 yards a carry to something like 4 or 4.5 is a pretty big drop off, especially if the QB play is just as bad as last year. Here's to hoping Brosmer is good, but nobody knows.

Taylor would be a big loss for tonight's game. And the way the money came in on UNC, it looks like someone had inside information. But I guess we'll find out in a few hours!
I feel pretty confident Major, et al, can average in the low 5s.

Jackson is more important to the team winning than Taylor is because he's harder to replace.

The Gophers have shown time and again they can go next man up at RB. For all the great things Mo Ibrahim did the Gophers got no worse with him out of the lineup in either running efficiency or winning.

A big reason why DT was so efficient last year is that he faced a bunch of cake run defenses in the bottom quartile of NCAA. One of those defenses was UNC. When he faced Iowa he was 3.7 YPC.

I think Major or next man up will do great. Get healthy Darius.

the quality of opposing run defense was a lot different. DT basically cherry-picked all the bad run defenses last year except Iowa

the quality of opposing run defense was a lot different. DT basically cherry-picked all the bad run defenses last year except Iowa
Yes I’m sure DT Cherry picked them. Iowa also put 9 in the box because they knew pj and ak would shit themselves trying to throw

I hope you’re right or it doesn’t matter (because he is healthy). I just think he is a special playmaker and we’re a different team without him.

I just hope we are more than a rugby football team this year! No excuses with the QB now to not have a solid two way offense!

Game one intrigue: DT is out (history says). Who does PJ trust?
Will we see 3 RB's get 5 or more carries to start the season?
Or will PJ pick one guy, after a month of practice, and give him 25 plus carries? (No matter how effective...as long as he doesn't fumble)
Be hard to believe we pass more than we run...but I guess there's always a chance in game 1 intrigue.
Picked one guy....no surprise... 20 carries
two guys 1 carry, Nubin 2 carries and Brosmer 9 for -6...take out Brosmer's "runs" thats 24 carries and 21 passes...but of the 9 Brosmer runs...how many were actually passes?
i think we passed more than we ran
228 total yards is going to be tough to win with most games
not looking good

Top Bottom