Dan B on KFAN thinks Claeys needs 2 of last 3 to keep job

The AD gets to decide. As far as I can tell nobody claims to know what he is thinking.... so nobody knows anything.

Let's see: we are 7-2, 4-2 B1G, Tied for the West Lead, One of our losses (in OT) is to the #12 in the country while the other was to a rival, and there is talk of firing the first year head coach. This is nuts. I don't know if Claeys is the answer or not, but we have to give him some time.

Who gives a **** what Dan B the dbag says about anything? We will play out the season, hopefully 5 games not 4 and then we will see. We have people who make a bunch of money to worry about who the coach is...I am excited that we have a chance at a West Division Title and a shot at scUM in the Championship Game (should we win out)!

Who gives a **** what Dan B the dbag says about anything? We will play out the season, hopefully 5 games not 4 and then we will see. We have people who make a bunch of money to worry about who the coach is...I am excited that we have a chance at a West Division Title and a shot at scUM in the Championship Game (should we win out)!

you cared enough too Open the thread and post in it

There is no way a big time head coach out there is waiting in the wings for Minnnesota. Five short years ago Minnesota had to hire their fifth choice in Kill so we might be looking at our third or fourth choice. Not happeing.

If Claeys goes 0-3 in the last three games and loses the low-tier bowl we'll be invited to, he should be fired. Those losses are the most likely scenario given the opponents and the Gophers history. We don't have to have a rockstar coach lined up for the role. Claeys just isn't going to be popular among fans and media barring some very surprising wins. This is important. He doesn't convey confidence to the public and generally has the personality of a pie.

I think it would be right to stop giving his affiliation to Kill any equity. Kill did not get the chance to prove himself here. He and his system were not proven when he had to step down. Claeys being a former member of Kill's staff means nothing.

Wow. Gopherhole feeding off of a Barrero comment.
#1, he is not a fan.
#2, he is an idiot.

He has no inside info into this program, and we need to afford him the same credibility as Souhan and Reusse. Zero. He is trolling for internet hits.

I will just say this: if Coyle, for whatever reason, has already made up his mind to replace the FB coach, then he does need to make the move before the bowl game, to get a one-month jump on the hiring process. Ideally, Coyle already has a short list in mind. If you wait until after the bowl game to make a move, then you're playing catch-up.

Also, if they're going to make a change, does Coyle run the show, or will the U want to go the whole search firm, search committee, search focus group, drag it out forever routine. The worst-case scenario is: fire Claeys, have a long, drawn-out search process, and wind up by hiring the 4th or 5th choice.

My personal opinion - unless there is something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, I don't see Coyle making the decision until after the regular season. If the Gophs beat Wisconsin, then it becomes a lot harder to fire the coach.

When's the last time that Dan B has said anything positive about the Gopher football program?

Barrier just throws that stuff out there to stir the pot. He knows nothing about college football.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

To quote Jim McMahon all the men who want Claeys gone stupid and all the women are sluts

The last time UMN fired a coach who won somewhat consistently was Glen Mason .... and replaced him with Tim Brewster! I can't imagine Coyle would fire a football coach who has a winning record in Minnesota. We are not Nebraska (who fired Bo Pelini even 'tho he won more games than he lost). Let's be realistic. As long as Claeys has a winning record (i.e. even if the Gophs lose the next 3 games), his job is safe. When was the last time we had Gopher football teams that consistently beat teams we are suppose to beat? This team is doing it, and all ya'll want the head coach fired? This would be like firing Tubby (who got us to the NCAA) and replacing him with Pitino (who can't manage to get us into the NIT in his 3rd season). What hot shot football coach would come to UMN who fires a coach who wins 7 or 8 (or more) games???

When's the last time that Dan B has said anything positive about the Gopher football program?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

in regards to claeys and co: if these dudes actually finish 8-4 how are you NOT going to give them an extension? y'all really forgetting how we've had 8 wins only 5 times since our last rose bowl appearance? FOH with that stupid **** saying fire claeys if he notches another 'W'

You also have to factor in the season ticket renewal rate for next year. The people that actually go to the games and pay the bills. There are a lot of us who are not happy.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in regards to claeys and co: if these dudes actually finish 8-4 how are you NOT going to give them an extension? y'all really forgetting how we've had 8 wins only 5 times since our last rose bowl appearance? FOH with that stupid **** saying fire claeys if he notches another 'W'

So just because he reaches mediocrity, and that has been the highlight for the Gophers the past 50 years, that should also be the standard for success going forward?

Anyways these fire Claeys threads are getting old after a 4 game winning streak. Yeah it hasn't been pretty, and yes I've always had my doubts.

But the season is short, we're 7-2, and have a big night game in Lincoln next Saturday. There's time to complain for 9 months after the season, not after a 4 game winning streak.

So just because he reaches mediocrity, and that has been the highlight for the Gophers the past 50 years, that should also be the standard for success going forward?

Anyways these fire Claeys threads are getting old after a 4 game winning streak. Yeah it hasn't been pretty, and yes I've always had my doubts.

But the season is short, we're 7-2, and have a big night game in Lincoln next Saturday. There's time to complain for 9 months after the season, not after a 4 game winning streak.

reread my post dude; if we are doing something we've only done 5 times in the last 50 or so years that's not 'mediocrity' - didnt your mom ever say 'you gotta learn to walk before you can run'?

and agree guys, dont even think about northwestern the only thing that matters is lincoln under the lights next saturday - that is our stage and the time to put up or shut up

Okay, most here want Claeys fired if he only wins one or zero games the rest of the year! What should we do with Claeys if he wins 2 games? What about 3 games and a BIG West title? I say if he wins the title we rename Dinkytown after him (insert new name here), we give him a lifetime contract, we bonus him $3 million and grant the man 3 wishes.

Okay, most here want Claeys fired if he only wins one or zero games the rest of the year! What should we do with Claeys if he wins 2 games? What about 3 games and a BIG West title? I say if he wins the title we rename Dinkytown after him (insert new name here), we give him a lifetime contract, we bonus him $3 million and grant the man 3 wishes.

I'll add to this. If Claeys get the Gophers to:

0-4 = no extension until after 2017 season
1-3 = 2 year extension
2-2 = 3 year extension with a much, much bigger $ contract
3-1 = Claeys can ask for what he wants
4-0 = bronze statue of Tracey Claeys outside TCF stadium, and rename Dinkytown to Claeysville

Talk about tilting at windmills. The Claey job security poll had 91 voters. Only 4 said he had to win out, 4 more said his seat was red hot, and 5 said his seat was hot.

reread my post dude; if we are doing something we've only done 5 times in the last 50 or so years that's not 'mediocrity' - didnt your mom ever say 'you gotta learn to walk before you can run'?

Every other power 5 program would consider that mediocrity, because it is. It doesn't matter how many times we've done it in the past.

There is no reason why we can't have the success Wisconsin has. So while you're excited because 8 wins is something we've only done 5 times, Wisconsin has won 8 games or more 18 times just in the past 23 years. And 3 of the 5 years they didn't were 7 win seasons.

Top Bottom