Crawford

xavier2

Reaction score
Yeah you guys called it, he was much better at Indiana and you surely will stop him.:cool03:

Congratulations on the win. Now go watch Pitt vs Oak and stop rubbing it in.

I wouldn't be rubbing it in if you all weren't so damn cocky before the game and even after with the "Xavier is not that good" thread.

I wouldn't be rubbing it in if you all weren't so damn cocky before the game and even after with the "Xavier is not that good" thread.

I'm sorry that thread hurt your feelings

A Gopher fan went to your board and said you weren't that good, and this is your form of retaliation?

I've never actually met anyone who has gone to Xavier or follows that team ... 90% of the sports fans I know couldn't even tell you where it is, or what it is. So apparently they do have at least one fan who uses the Internet. Good for you.

If the Xavier fan was sensing a lack of respect before the game, well, he was (and is) right. They're a decent team but no better than us (hell, they weren't even favored), and it was a good draw for the Gophers even though we didn't have it today.

You're not. You might be the 20th-24th best team in the country as your seed suggests, which is good, but not that good. We beat #11 and #6 last week.

We missed a lot of open shots today, and lost. Doesn't make the fans wrong about Xavier not being that good. Just better than our team for one day.

It's nice to find out that Xavier fans are keeping up the Hawkeye and Badger traditions of being poor winners. But what should we expect? It is in Ohio after all.

You're not. You might be the 20th-24th best team in the country as your seed suggests, which is good, but not that good. We beat #11 and #6 last week.

We missed a lot of open shots today, and lost. Doesn't make the fans wrong about Xavier not being that good. Just better than our team for one day.

Or does that just mean your bad and was better than 2 other teams on 1 day

I dont understand, do u want a cookie or something?? Your team won congrats. They wont advance far. And what do you expect when you come on this board, this is a Gopher fan board of course theyre gonna think they can win, toolshed.

Cannot argue that the Gophers were the better team today. However, I can point out your lack of education based solely off this post.

We weren't cocky, certainly not compared to your own board.

If it's any consolation, I now know that Xavier is in Ohio! My only question is which conference name is more deceptive? Atlantic 10 or Big 10?

Xavier2, settle a bet for us...I say you're 16-17 years old but my buddy says no way you're over 14, which is it?

Dude -- if you want to make solid points, at least know the language/spelling .. It's you're .. not your .. in YOUR sentence.

You guys are so nice to entertain this guy who probably can't get any attention at any Xavier boards!

The thread was here, not on their board.

I know....just making a point.

It takes a "special" kind of person to be on the lookout for any message board who may not be showing their school the proper respect, then creating a screen name, logging in, and setting them straight. Well done, xavier2. You sure showed us. :clap:

I know....just making a point.

It takes a "special" kind of person to be on the lookout for any message board who may not be showing their school the proper respect, then creating a screen name, logging in, and setting them straight. Well done, xavier2. You sure showed us. :clap:

Bingo. Hence my comparison to Hawkeye and Badger fans.

Bottom line is that Minnesota is not a good basketball program and Xavier is an elite basketball program right now. Conference means nothing . . . XU has beaten teams from every major conference in the past 3 years . . . you can try to hide behind conference but at the end of the day you have to beat the "team". Xavier not only makes the tournament every year but is ranked and advances in the tournament every year. This year is clearly a down year but elite programs can win one or two games in a down year. The better team won today and that's all that needs to be said. What-if's are for losers.

You must feel very cool after that post. Nice job.

Bottom line is that Minnesota is not a good basketball program and Xavier is an elite basketball program right now. Conference means nothing . . . XU has beaten teams from every major conference in the past 3 years . . . you can try to hide behind conference but at the end of the day you have to beat the "team". Xavier not only makes the tournament every year but is ranked and advances in the tournament every year. This year is clearly a down year but elite programs can win one or two games in a down year. The better team won today and that's all that needs to be said. What-if's are for losers.

Facts:
xavier is in no way shape or form an elite basketball program right now. you got out of the game today, despite minnesotas atrocious 30% shooting performance with only a 11 point win(that was only really solidified in the last 5 minutes, and without the horrendous 3 point performance by us would have been more like 2 with the three open looks we missed). Ohio state beat us by 30 when we had a better shooting night (42%).

Insert personal commentary here:

You have the refs to thank for the win this morning and while crawford is gifted and skilled, a better officiating crew would have all but erased your second half run, based on the extra few hops skips and jumps crawford had during his 'amazing' shots that should have been traveling calls. The entire bradley center saw them. the refs seemingly did not. This game leaves me thinking that Xavier has a larger endowment in ref bribes than even michigan state (which a damn large sum i might add).

Despite your 'elite' program getting every last break in the first half minnesota was still tied with you at the break, and that was because damien johnson, our best defender was sitting for 10 minutes after the refs decided to single him out because he'd upset what was 'supposed' to happen. (This game course correction happened again in the second half to lawrence westbrook, sitting him down with 3 ticky tack fouls while your guys groped every inch of the gopher guards with not but a hint of a whistle.) If minnesota got even half the breaks that were given to xavier by that half court ref who couldnt have seen anything on the basseline better than the baseline ref, the gophers would have gone into halftime with id say a 5-10 point lead and the rest of the game would have been much differently.

end commentary, resume fact:

SO please take your snooty nose back to your xavier board and jerk off with them over there, im sure your idea of an elite program is more welcome over there.

facepalm23.jpg

Newsflash: Xavier is not elite. Never have been, never will be. They are a nice mid-major program. That's all. Having said that, good luck against Pittsburgh.

Top Bottom