Crawford

My thought is that at X coaches leave after being very successful for "bigger" jobs, and that does not happen at UK. Maybe I am incorrect, but that is my perception.

Do you think if the Xavier coach is offered the Iowa, Seton Hall, or Oergon job he would take it? Maybe, maybe not, but no chance in hell the Kentucky Coach does. Tubby was an exception to the rule, IMO, and left for reasons other than getting a bigger job, IMO...

There is no way he would leave for the above jobs.

UK is more elite than X (and so is OSU, Arizona, etc.), but not Iowa and Seton Hall.

This is sort of random, but enlightening for the topic at hand.

According to our beat reporter at the Cincinnati Enquirer, before Tubby entered the picture, Minnesota showed a lot of interest in Sean Miller (now at AZ) and signaled to him that if he went through the interview process, there was a good chance he would be offered the job. Miller ultimately decided not to pursue the job.

There is no way he would leave for the above jobs.

UK is more elite than X (and so is OSU, Arizona, etc.), but not Iowa and Seton Hall.

This is sort of random, but enlightening for the topic at hand.

According to our beat reporter at the Cincinnati Enquirer, before Tubby entered the picture, Minnesota showed a lot of interest in Sean Miller (now at AZ) and signaled to him that if he went through the interview process, there was a good chance he would be offered the job. Miller ultimately decided not to pursue the job.

You dont think he would leave the A10 to coach in the B10 or big East? While I think most people would leave for that, maybe you are correct and I am mistaken...

I dont fault Sean Miller though, I suppose if you sustain success then you'll have a chance at a better job, and I would say Arizona is a much better job than Minny.

You dont think he would leave the A10 to coach in the B10 or big East? While I think most people would leave for that, maybe you are correct and I am mistaken...

I dont fault Sean Miller though, I suppose if you sustain success then you'll have a chance at a better job, and I would say Arizona is a much better job than Minny.

I don't think you will ever see a Xavier coach jump to a lower BCS school (upper is a different matter). If it's a really good fit, I could see Mack going to a mid BCS school, like Thad Matta's move to OSU.

Anyways, I think what I'm saying is that schools like Gonzaga, Xavier, Memphis and Butler have reached a point where they can fend off a lot of BCS schools.

Chris Mack is a Cincinnati native coaching at his alma mater. He'll stay a long time.

Sean Miller was a fallback candidate if something went haywire with the pursuit of Tubby. You make it sound like Miller said no, then we moved on to Tubby. That is blatantly false. Tubby was in the picture and the top choice since about December of 2006. He was hired in April of 2007. Miller was strung along in case Tubby chose not to take the job. There was no time at which Miller would have been offered the job until after Tubby said no.

Sean Miller was a fallback candidate if something went haywire with the pursuit of Tubby. You make it sound like Miller said no, then we moved on to Tubby. That is blatantly false. Tubby was in the picture and the top choice since about December of 2006. He was hired in April of 2007. Miller was strung along in case Tubby chose not to take the job. There was no time at which Miller would have been offered the job until after Tubby said no.

Both my account and your account can be true. I don't think our beat reporter and Sean Miller would lie about this.

yes, according to you, IF Miller would have pursued the job he would have been turned down because of Tubby (perhaps Minnesota's AD was leading Miller on a bit to make sure he had a good fall back).

But regardless, Miller decided not to pursue the job.

yeah, I think it's time for this thread to end.

Top Bottom