Cover Songs

Ope3

Reaction score
One great MPLS band covering another. Trip Shakespeare clocking in with a Hüsker Dü fave from Grant.

Dead Set On Destruction

I do dig the cover but mostly just wanted to post something now that I figured out how to stylize the ü's with proper respect. Umlaut.

Last edited:

Ope3

Reaction score
Bill Janovitz covering Husker Du/Bob Mould, Hardly Getting Over It:

A more current version (plus video) of Bill Janovitz (w/ Mike Gent) covering Hüsker Dü /Mould's Hardly Getting Over It.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
One great MPLS band covering another. Trip Shakespeare clocking in with a Hüsker Dü fave from Grant.

Dead Set On Destruction

I do dig the cover but mostly just wanted to post something now that I figured out how to stylize the ü's with proper respect. Umlaut.
Never heard this!!
Thanks.

Ope3

Reaction score
Juliana Hatfield just owns the Rolling Stones classic.

It's Only Rock and Roll

Ope3

Reaction score
Is it a cover if you wrote the song?

Interesting debate, given how popular Adele made it. "Re-covered" as Dan Wilson termed seems totally appropriate.

Along the same line, here's Gary Louris with a tune he wrote that Dixie Chicks recorded.

Everybody Knows

Ope3

Reaction score
In 1989 I scored really good seats to the R.E.M. tour for Green at Met Center. I was the 9th caller into KQ, some really late night studying for a midterm or writing a paper.

Lower bowl, on the Mike Mills side, close enough that I could see Bob Mould lurking in the wings. His queue to join them for a cameo was the encore. The song was by Television, See No Evil.

Here's the band playing it a few years prior.

RIP Tom Verlaine.

Top Bottom