Cover Songs

Ope3

Reaction score
Sweet & Hoffs covering the R.E.M. classic, Sitting Still.

I'm glad they could figure out the lyrics, I have even heard Stipe say sometimes he wasn't sure what the actual words are.

Last edited:

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
I will not apologize for thinking this is the greatest cover version of any song. Ever.

Ope3

Reaction score
From his Georgia Blue covers/tribute effort, here's Jason Isbell with R.E.M.'s Nightswimming

coolhandgopher

Reaction score
If this hasn't already been posted, I came across this tonight as I'm digging through some long ago saved music pieces, Angelique Kidjo covering The Talking Heads' "Once In A Lifetime". According to the article, she re-made the entire Remain in Light album, so this is a taste of it:

Ope3

Reaction score
Going back to their shows at the Uptown Bar & Grill, Golden Smog covering the Faces has always been a crowd favorite. Here they are at what I think is the Basilica Block Party in 1996.

Glad and Sorry

Recently at 1st Ave, not much worse for wear.

Ope3

Reaction score
While heading down the rabbit hole on youtube, I found this Monkees classic covered often by Westerberg during his Eventually tour. Audio only. Daydream Believer

Ope3

Reaction score
My Idea was on Evan Dando's woefully underrated Baby I'm Bored solo effort. It is a cover of someone named Chris Brokow, and is sadly beautiful.

Here it is paired with the Lemonheads It's About Time which is not a cover, unless you count solo efforts that were originally band efforts as they do on Setlist.com. Probably too complicated of an effort for the computer to sort out.

Top Bottom