College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Wyoming with the worst game I've seen them play this year. NM could not miss in the second half. Pitino bitches at the officials almost the entire game. Linder isn't a whole lot better. Granted, the officiating is not good on the whole. Hypersensitivity on the bench gets old.
I would T up Pitino every game

Did I say he sucks? (He did tonight)

It’s ridiculous to say he and the nut puncher are the heart and soul of the team and leave Johnny Davis out of that discussion. UW is not a contender without Davis. He leads the team in pts, rebounds, assists and steals.

:sneaky:

Davis is their best player, but Davison is their leader. He also averages 15 per game. Wahl averages 11 which is nothing to sneeze at in college.

As much as Wisconsin wouldn't be a contender without Davis, they wouldn't be one without Davison either.

Big Ten games today

Illinois @ Rutgers (Are the Scarlet Knights going to get 4 top 20 wins in a row?)
Purdue @ Northwestern

Davis is their best player, but Davison is their leader. He also averages 15 per game. Wahl averages 11 which is nothing to sneeze at in college.

As much as Wisconsin wouldn't be a contender without Davis, they wouldn't be one without Davison either.
I've watched a lot of UW games. Their depth stinks. Take away any of those three and they are in big trouble. Last night they got 2 points from their entire bench.

With about 2 minutes left in the wisconsin - Indiana game, Indiana led by 3.

Trace Jackson-Davis was 10-13 from the field, and 10-14 from the line. wisconsin had no answer for him.

From that point on, Xavier Johnson made 1 layup, missed a jumper and two 3-point attempts. Galloway and Stewart also missed a 3-point attempt each.

Brain dead coaching.

wisconsin could go in the portal tonight and find a replacement for baby brad. There is not another plug-and-play guy with Davis' skillset out there.

davison is an average player on a thin roster who gets a lot of opportunities.

With about 2 minutes left in the wisconsin - Indiana game, Indiana led by 3.

Trace Jackson-Davis was 10-13 from the field, and 10-14 from the line. wisconsin had no answer for him.

From that point on, Xavier Johnson made 1 layup, missed a jumper and two 3-point attempts. Galloway and Stewart also missed a 3-point attempt each.

Brain dead coaching.
I highly doubt Woodson told those guys to not pass the ball to Jackson-Davis. Lack of execution cannot always be blamed on the coach. Wisconsin clogged the lane and the Indiana players panicked and didn't get the ball inside to him. I'm reserving judgment on the coach of Indiana.

WiskyvsIU had a minor scuffle. Guess who was the #1 guy. Yep Davison!
That was among the worst flagrant calls of all time. I get that Davison is what he is and hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, but there isn't another person in CBB that they would even look at that foul for.

wisconsin could go in the portal tonight and find a replacement for baby brad. There is not another plug-and-play guy with Davis' skillset out there.

davison is an average player on a thin roster who gets a lot of opportunities.
haha. you guys really hate Davison (I do get why, I'm not a blind homer).

This is complete nonsense by the way.

haha. you guys really hate Davison (I do get why, I'm not a blind homer).

This is complete nonsense by the way.
You don't think you can go into the portal and find someone to replace a fg% of 40.4, 3 pt fg% of 34.5 total rebounds of 2.6 and 4.4 assists?

oops...those are the stats from Rylan Jones, who went from Utah to Utah St. and was one of the first names I grabbed by random.

baby brad has worse stats for fg% and has less than half the assists, but does have 1 more rebound per game.

He's not special.

You don't think you can go into the portal and find someone to replace a fg% of 40.4, 3 pt fg% of 34.5 total rebounds of 2.6 and 4.4 assists?

oops...those are the stats from Rylan Jones, who went from Utah to Utah St. and was one of the first names I grabbed by random.

baby brad has worse stats for fg% and has less than half the assists, but does have 1 more rebound per game.

He's not special.
And there's a hell of a lot more to basketball than fg percentages and per-game stats.

This conversation is actually the Wisconsin/Minnesota basketball rivalry in a nutshell.

Listen, some of his antics have been absolutely cringe-worthy. Once you punch a guy in the nuts, you're going to be hated forever. It's pretty tough to come back from. I get it.

But denigrating him as a player is a different thing and doesn't make you seem terribly rational. He's a top 3 contributor on a top 20 team. And is the unquestioned leader of that team. You can't pick some scrub off the street to replace that. You just can't.

You can't pick some scrub off the street to replace that. You just can't.
Never wrote that.

He's just not "that special".

You can't just pick some scrub off the street, but you can find a comparable player to put up his numbers in the portal pretty easily.

Illinois shooting 0-11 from three against Rutgers.

Why don't we ever catch these teams when they are this ice cold?

UNC was down 20+ to Pitt (at home). Walton finally got in the game with about 13 min left and has single handedly willed UNC back in the game. Think he has about 11 points and a steal.

It’s crazy to me how little run he gets on a seemingly average team.

Rutgers is being allowed to just Mug Illinois,it's not basketball anymore,whatever happened to freedom of movement ? When some star gets hurt,
I remember hearing that John Wooden once told a ref -“You know, basketball is a non-contact sport.” Strong words from the Wizard of Westwood.

Gonzaga extended the nation's longest current winning streak to 15 last night with their expected win over Pepperdine.
South Dakota State and Murray have a chance to match it tonight.
Jackrabbits are at home and have yet to lose there.
Same situation for the Racers. At home against Austin Peay. Racers don't lose at home.
Pitino's New Mexico squad on a 3 game win streak. Colorado State visits there tonight. Must win for the Rams to keep pace in the Mountain West.
Rutgers with the current longest winning streak in the Big Ten with 4. All against ranked opponents. This is a team that had lost by 86-51 in their previous meeting with the Illini.
Monson and Long Beach put their 10 game winning streak on the line tonight @ Northridge.

I've been waiting a long time to see MN competitive to the point they could beat any team in the B1G10.

I see that Liam Robbins is playing again for Vanderbilt. His 4th game back- he scored 8 points against Auburn in 24 minutes. He had fewer minutes in his previous 3 games...knocking the rust off.

Top Bottom