College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

UNC was down 20+ to Pitt (at home). Walton finally got in the game with about 13 min left and has single handedly willed UNC back in the game. Think he has about 11 points and a steal.

It’s crazy to me how little run he gets on a seemingly average team.
I was surprised to see Pitt is now 6-10 in the ACC. Not good of course but seems to be better than expected.

Those freakin' Jackrabbits can shoot some 3's
263 out of 585 Man oh man!
Easley with 4 straight 3's with about 12 minutes left in the 1st half
They look really good tonight.

edit: They went 11-20 behind the arc in this game

Last edited:

Forgot to look yesterday. The Bonnies pick up the win with 3 starters logging 40 minutes and a 4th 38 minutes. Saint Bonaventure now 16-7 with and on 4 game win streak.

New Mexico leading Colorado state at the half
I wasn't able to get the game. Looks like the Rams separated from them in that 2nd half. Wonder if that 31 is a career high for Roddy?
Edit: Looks like his second highest scoring output. He had 36 against Creighton earlier this year.

Last edited:

Michigan might sneak in to the tournament and be a 8-9-10 seed. Win a game and be a really tough out for a high seed.

Kind of a rough schedule of college games today. Not too many and most don't look interesting.
Guess if you're a MAC fan, Ohio Bobcats @ Kent State Golden Flashes might stir you. Ohio with a 22-4 record. (Just me, but I ain't watching a team with the name "Golden Flashes" unless it's in the tourney.)

Kind of a rough schedule of college games today. Not too many and most don't look interesting.
Guess if you're a MAC fan, Ohio Bobcats @ Kent State Golden Flashes might stir you. Ohio with a 22-4 record. (Just me, but I ain't watching a team with the name "Golden Flashes" unless it's in the tourney.)
Fridays have been rough for college hoops

Musselman and Arkansas with another Top 25 win, beating Tennessee. Probably looking at 4 or 5 seed minimum.

Unlv beats Colorado State by 21, Murray State wins by 2 after being a 16 point favorite

Long Beach State gets their 10 game winning streak snapped by UC Santa Barbara. Tightens up the race in the Big West.
St Bonaventure calmed things down on their starter minutes with a win over Duquesne.
South Dakota State (how does a team shoot at a .452 clip on 3's for the season?) now with a 16 game winning streak, keeping pace with Murray State and Gonzaga for the nation's longest.
Boise State with a half game lead over Wyoming in the Mountain West. Broncos still have to face San Diego State and Colorado State as do the Cowboys amongst their remaining games.
Really tight race in the A10 with Davidson leading VCU and Dayton by a game. Wildcats and Flyers face off in the final conference game @ Dayton.
Three team tie at the top in the Missouri Valley. Loyola, Northern Iowa, Missouri State and Drake is one game out.
Better mention North Texas Mean Green. @dlnavra said how much they win, and that they do. Currently on a 12 game streak with McCasland winning 20 or more for the 5th time in 6 years. (If you can win at Arkansas Sate, you might be able to win anywhere.)

Last edited:

Long Beach State gets their 10 game winning streak snapped by UC Santa Barbara. Tightens up the race in the Big West.
St Bonaventure calmed things down on their starter minutes with a win over Duquesne.
South Dakota State (how does a team shoot at a .452 clip on 3's for the season?) now with a 16 game winning streak, keeping pace with Murray State and Gonzaga for the nation's longest.
Boise State with a half game lead over Wyoming in the Mountain West. Broncos still have to face San Diego State and Colorado State as do the Cowboys amongst their remaining games.
Really tight race in the A10 with Davidson leading VCU and Dayton by a game. Wildcats and Flyers face off in the final conference game @ Dayton.
Three team tie at the top in the Missouri Valley. Loyola, Northern Iowa, Missouri State and Drake is one game out.
Better mention North Texas Mean Green. @dlnavra said how much they win, and that they do. Currently on a 12 game streak with McCasland winning 20 or more for the 5th time in 6 years. (If you can win at Arkansas Sate, you might be able to win anywhere.)
Thanks for that post. It reminds me that there is a lot of good basketball that doesn't get a lot of attention for various reasons. You keep mentioning South Dakota State. I haven't watched them, but with that 3 point %, they could surprise in the tourney. ESPN has them as a 13 against Texas. Of course that will change, but I could see an upset or 2.

Some good teams are left out every year, but glad you mentioned Missouri Valley. Drake beat Loyola on Loyola's home court yesterday, and that's a conf race that's tight. A good team or two won't make the tourney from that conf. Tucker DeVries, Drake coach's son looks really good already as a true freshman.

Some good teams are left out every year, but glad you mentioned Missouri Valley. Drake beat Loyola on Loyola's home court yesterday, and that's a conf race that's tight. A good team or two won't make the tourney from that conf. Tucker DeVries, Drake coach's son looks really good already as a true freshman.
Good point. I was thinking the same thing. There are some tourney quality teams that won't make it.

Yesterday the Iowa State Cyclones just curb stomped Oklahoma 75-54. Their eFG% in that game was
75.5% (Holy f**k) 33 of 49 overall and 8 of 15 from 3
(Even Gabe shot well. 4 of 7 and 1 of 2 beyond the arc.)

Yesterday the Iowa State Cyclones just curb stomped Oklahoma 75-54. Their eFG% in that game was
75.5% (Holy f**k) 33 of 49 overall and 8 of 15 from 3
(Even Gabe shot well. 4 of 7 and 1 of 2 beyond the arc.)
Too bad Gabe went from one of the positive focal points of the team a few years ago to "Holy shit! He made one!"

Exaggerating of course.

Wow. Juwan Howard. I don't think a coach has been that dumb since Woody Hayes tripping a guy on the sideline.

Top Bottom