College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

American Athletic Conference- Houston was rolling and now has 2 straight losses. Memphis on a 5 game win streak and SMU undefeated in conference.
Atlantic 10- Davidson with a nasty loss at Rhode Island.
Big West- Monson and Long Beach in first place and on a 10 game win streak.
MAAC- Looks like the elder Pitino is going to nab the conference crown, 2.5 game lead.
MVC- Loyola back in first. Drake on the skids with 3 straight losses.
Mountain West- bunched at the top with the Colorado State win over Boise State. Miles team, San Jose State, sucks.
Ohio Valley- Murray State Racers having one of those great years. 24-2, 14-0 in conference, on a 14 game win streak.
Summit- same thing can be said of South Dakota State. Jacks are 23-4, 14-0 in conference and on a 14 game win streak.
WAC- Gonzaga being Gonzaga
Appreciate your posts. . .

For sure re Gonzaga, but at least one of USF or St. Mary's should make the tourney. MWC will have at least 3 make it barring a collapse by one of them. Even San Diego State still not out of it, though getting 4 is asking a lot.

SMU is interesting in that they play a small lineup similar to Gophers, and are holding up.

A team I like to casually keep my eye on is St Bonaventure. Originally because that's where Bob Lanier played, but now because, particularly this year, their starters log some serious minutes.
And the one that has it easy, 30.5
That was before today's game, which they won. 15-7 overall and on a 3 game win streak.

Last edited:

A team I like to casually keep my eye on is St Bonaventure. Originally because that's where Bob Lanier played, but now because, particularly this year, their starters log some serious minutes.
And the one that has it easy, 30.5
That was before today's game, which they won. 15-7 overall and on a 3 game win streak.
The Bonnies have been pretty good the last few years. Doesn't look like they will get an at-large to the tournament though. Need to win the A-10.

Depth has to be a major concern for many mid-majors. Top players may endure the bench at high major to delay gratification of playing time. Hard to believe really good players would do that at mid-majors. Thus, little depth. The strategy of playing younger guys to get them ready for the future, especially in "rebuilding" years has to be on the slide too, with the portal. Why not play the guys who give the best chance to win now? Obviously what Bonnie is doing.

Big Ten games today

Michigan State @ Penn State
Gophers @ Ohio State
wisconsin @ Indiana

Ranked teams playing one another
Villanova @ Providence- this is for first place and the Friars are on a tear and haven't lost at home
Kentucky @ Tennessee- Wildcats have won 6 straight, Vols 4 in a row and also 13-0 at home

One of the Handsome Hanson brothers from Slap Shot guarding Marcus Carr.

Harrar of Penn State has a career high of 14 rebounds that he has hit a few times. Think he will exceed that tonight against Michigan State.
edit: maybe not, stuck at 13
He did break it.

Last edited:

Can’t believe Penn State came back and beat Michigan State. I gave up on them early in the second half.

Carr with 16 in OT against OK. Never heard the announcer count down the shot clock in a game like this b4....

Davison is a football player mentality playing hoops. He gets away with it. Gophers could use a guy like him and Wahl. They are the heart and soul of the Badger team

Horrible continuation foul call in the Dinksconsin game. Gave them an extra point.

Horrible continuation foul call in the Dinksconsin game. Gave them an extra point.
I’ve never seen a review like that just before that either. I didn’t think they could do that.

After the game Davis and Davison taunting the crowd. Does Wisconsin recruit aholes or does their culture create them? Who was the last badger star that wasn't completely obnoxious? Alando tucker?
I can see Dinkison being an asshole because that's his true nature, but Davis too? I didn't expect that. Must be like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" Davis can't be a complete douche bag like bradley, can he? Maybe when engulfed in that assbag culture being bred constantly.......

Yeah Wahl totally sucks 🙄
Did I say he sucks? (He did tonight)

It’s ridiculous to say he and the nut puncher are the heart and soul of the team and leave Johnny Davis out of that discussion. UW is not a contender without Davis. He leads the team in pts, rebounds, assists and steals.

:sneaky:

Davison is a football player mentality playing hoops. He gets away with it. Gophers could use a guy like him and Wahl. They are the heart and soul of the Badger team
i'm glad I don't have to cheer for Davison. Guy who is a douche that plays dirty

Wyoming with the worst game I've seen them play this year. NM could not miss in the second half. Pitino bitches at the officials almost the entire game. Linder isn't a whole lot better. Granted, the officiating is not good on the whole. Hypersensitivity on the bench gets old.

Top Bottom