College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

You know, it would be somewhat easier to be near family and still compete in P5 basketball if he transferred to the U ...... just sayin.

Would guess he could get a waiver from the NCAA to be eligible immediately with the family health stuff.

Not to mention......watching this Michigan/Purdue game......wow. Gophers couldn't put a hand on Edey without a whistle. The refs are letting Dickenson absolutely maul Edey.

Refs have no history with our players or coaches , thus they get no respect. I've been watching the interaction between officials with other players, it sickens me to see all the abuse officials put up with. Shut up or T them up ,I say.
In time maybe our coaches an players will get respect.

I just had a chance to look at the box score of last night's Iowa 110-87 win over Maryland. It's pretty unusual for there to be two 30 point scorers for one team in college ball, but Keegan Murray and Jordan Bohannon did it with some pretty impressive stats. Murray was 12 of 14 from the field and 2 of 3 from three. Bohannon did not attempt a free throw or a two pointer. He was 10 of 16 from three, accounting for all 30 points. I guess that counts as breaking out of his recent slump.

Big Ten games today

Rutgers @ wisconsin
Indiana @ Michigan State
Ohio State @ Michigan
Penn State @ Gophers

Some games today

Texas @ Baylor (couple of ranked teams)
Arkansas @ Alabama (Razorbacks now on a 9 game win streak after losing 5 out of 6)
Murray State is 23-2 and 13-0 in conference. The Racers are on a 13 game win streak. They are @ Morehead St today. Eagles are 11-2 in conference and 12-0 at home.

Looking at some standings, in the MVC, where the hell did Northern Iowa come from? I was thinking Loyola, Missouri State or Drake at the top. The Panthers with a half game lead. Maybe short lived as they have to visit Loyola tomorrow.
South Dakota State is 22-4, 11-0 in the Summit, 13 game winning streak, 11-0 at home. Must be nice to be a Jackrabbit fan.
Gonzaga rolling through the WCC as usual. (Few has a winning percentage of .837 WTF!)
Had to look twice on this. Long Beach State is currently in the top spot in the Big West. 10 straight wins! (Refusing to cave into my instincts and look up High Point)

Last edited:

Some interesting games. Should be a fun day to relax.

Love watching Davison clank iron all day
Looking forward to the day when we are good enough that Badger losses don’t feel quite so good. Nice to see Davison try to be the man in crunch time and botch it.

I love watching the conference of champions. Not because I find Pac-12 basketball to be that great....but because I love Bill Walton.

"Tyger Campbell....cool under pressure. Joe Montana....super bowl."

Lol.

Couple interesting games

Colorado State @ Boise State- Broncos trying to hold onto first place and the Rams trying to climb back into the race
Northern Iowa @ Chicago Loyola- For first place in the MVC

Purdue looking like total ass for the second game in a row. Getting beat at home by eight early in the second half by a Maryland team that's missing their leading scorer, Ayala.

T
Purdue looking like total ass for the second game in a row. Getting beat at home by eight early in the second half by a Maryland team that's missing their leading scorer, Ayala.
They are in real trouble in this game. If the Gophers had that kind of talent and were losing at home I don't think people could put up with my whining.

WHY ARE THEY REVIEWING THIS PLAY IN THE ILLINOIS GAME?

Unwactchable stupidity. Teams shouldn’t even have timeouts anymore in the last two minutes. They get enough thanks to the refs.

Couple interesting games

Colorado State @ Boise State- Broncos trying to hold onto first place and the Rams trying to climb back into the race
Northern Iowa @ Chicago Loyola- For first place in the MVC
CSU and Roddy (18 pts) beat Boise at their place in OT. Roddy blocks last second shot near halfcourt which was very impressive. Wyoming, Boise and CSU are legit teams. Not sure how many in that conference can make the tourney.

CSU and Roddy (18 pts) beat Boise at their place in OT. Roddy blocks last second shot near halfcourt which was very impressive. Wyoming, Boise and CSU are legit teams. Not sure how many in that conference can make the tourney.
Really like Maldonado on the Cowboys.

American Athletic Conference- Houston was rolling and now has 2 straight losses. Memphis on a 5 game win streak and SMU undefeated in conference.
Atlantic 10- Davidson with a nasty loss at Rhode Island.
Big West- Monson and Long Beach in first place and on a 10 game win streak.
MAAC- Looks like the elder Pitino is going to nab the conference crown, 2.5 game lead.
MVC- Loyola back in first. Drake on the skids with 3 straight losses.
Mountain West- bunched at the top with the Colorado State win over Boise State. Miles team, San Jose State, sucks.
Ohio Valley- Murray State Racers having one of those great years. 24-2, 14-0 in conference, on a 14 game win streak.
Summit- same thing can be said of South Dakota State. Jacks are 23-4, 14-0 in conference and on a 14 game win streak.
WAC- Gonzaga being Gonzaga

Top Bottom