College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Musselman, shirtless and surround by throngs of students on the court, after their win.

SORRY, no one in Big Ten is going to final four.
All are flawed, with very few NBA, if any ,impactful players,not even Prudue or Illinois.
You good man? Lots of anger from you. We’re just talking hoops. It’s OK. I am excited to see your perfectly predicted final four though!

Musselman, shirtless and surround by throngs of students on the court, after their win.
He would have come here.... just sayin'. He never got a call. Ben has been a pleasant surprise though, I am happy with him. It is just going to be a longer road this way. Muss would have been pretty instant success IMO.

Lots of good teams out west this year. Santa Clara beat St. Mary's last night. Both UCLA and USC are strong and Dana Altman's team per usual gets better as season goes along. WCC goes 4 or 5 deep, and have to start looking at Wyoming with Graham Ike inside, and Maldonado as a scroing point a legit threat to win a game or two come tourney time. Who knows in March. . .

You good man? Lots of anger from you. We’re just talking hoops. It’s OK. I am excited to see your perfectly predicted final four though!

GONZAGA
KENTUCKY
BAYLOR
DUKE (ONLY BECAUSE THEY WANT COACH K THEIR) TV an NCAA love a good fairytale ending

He would have come here.... just sayin'. He never got a call. Ben has been a pleasant surprise though, I am happy with him. It is just going to be a longer road this way. Muss would have been pretty instant success IMO.
you know this how?

Reactions: sal

you know this how?
I can't tell you, but I know somebody. It's true. That ship has sailed, but it still is a bit of a bummer to me, as I believe Muss would have us winning now and filling the Barn. I like Ben and I think that long term he will get it done.

SORRY, no one in Big Ten is going to final four.
All are flawed, with very few NBA, if any ,impactful players,not even Prudue or Illinois.
Purdue has at least one lottery pick (top 3) if not two (Edny)? What are you talking about? Who isn't flawed in college hoops?

Hopefully your source in the matter will tell you why he didn't get a call. Also hopefully he will also tell you that Muss leaks stuff to the local media (mainly the old curmudgeons who were buddies with his dad) to stir it up, and that Eric's not going to a northern climate. Our ship sailed with a poor AD (Teague) in 2013. That's when we would've hired him. Coyle and many other AD's (that are not idiots) of his standing are not going to.

Hopefully your source in the matter will tell you why he didn't get a call.
He did.
Also hopefully he will also tell you that Muss leaks stuff to the local media (mainly the old curmudgeons who were buddies with his dad) to stir it up, and that Eric's not going to a northern climate. Our ship sailed with a poor AD (Teague) in 2013. That's when we would've hired him. Coyle and many other AD's (that are not idiots) of his standing are not going to.
That's not the case here. However, that's all I can say.

Hopefully your source in the matter will tell you why he didn't get a call. Also hopefully he will also tell you that Muss leaks stuff to the local media (mainly the old curmudgeons who were buddies with his dad) to stir it up, and that Eric's not going to a northern climate. Our ship sailed with a poor AD (Teague) in 2013. That's when we would've hired him. Coyle and many other AD's (that are not idiots) of his standing are not going to.
I think we could've gotten him few years ago, I don't think we could've gotten him last year. Why would he leave where he is at now for MN?

I suppose if MN threw a lot of money at him, maybe. But U of M Athletics got hit hard by covid and doesn't have the money to throw right now

I think we could've gotten him few years ago, I don't think we could've gotten him last year. Why would he leave where he is at now for MN?

I suppose if MN threw a lot of money at him, maybe. But U of M Athletics got hit hard by covid and doesn't have the money to throw right now
It would have taken some money- no doubt. You gotta pay market to get a guy like that. The math for me is 6000 x 40 x 20 = 4.8 million. Empty seats x $ ave. price per ticket x games. How much of that can a guy like that make up? Half? Well that gets you over 4 million (2 million they paid and another 2 million in sales) that you can afford + merchandise + concessions + booster donations.

Anyway, it didn't happen, but that's how I think about it.

Rutgers Ohio state game

Ohio state ball under hoop down 2 with 3.2 left. No timeouts

wait, free timeout for review
Still 3.2….it’s taken 5 minutes

dumb

I know these are the rules of the conference but this brutal. If they really cared about the players, this wouldn’t be a rule to begin with.

I know these are the rules of the conference but this brutal. If they really cared about the players, this wouldn’t be a rule to begin with.

The CAA did the same with James Madison when they announced moving to FBS in the Sun Belt (I believe). But that was a while ago.

Appears Fran is back for Iowa.
6 3's for Bohannon in the 1st half.

Last edited:

I can’t believe not s single Duke player didn’t go after that douch after this cheap shot.

Wow. That was horribly dirty and extremely dangerous.

Side note....Purdue decided that they were just going to shoot like complete ass tonight against Michigan.

Top Bottom