Coach Fleck's To Do List----#1. Get Antoine Winfield Sr.'s phone number!!!!

Jr will fit in well at Michigan...
Hope he lands somewhere we can get grudgematch drama. The commentators need something to talk about.

Antoine Jr. and Sr. should be calling Fleck apologizing for Jrs. disgusting behavior 9/2 and begging to be let back on the team. Or we'll see you on a SW Missouri St. roster.

Totally agree, I would think a lot of players should call Fleck and apologize for behavior and impacting the reputation of a University

Totally agree, I would think a lot of players should call Fleck and apologize for behavior and impacting the reputation of a University

That'd be a normal call.

"Sorry that I had sex in a way that you don't like. I shouldn't have done that."

"I apologize for facetiming with my girlfriend that evening and going to bed. I know it was hard for the University to have my face plastered in the newspapers under a giant sexual assault headline. My bad."

"I apologize for being a heterosexual male on a college campus."

Antoine Jr. and Sr. should be calling Fleck apologizing for Jrs. disgusting behavior 9/2 and begging to be let back on the team. Or we'll see you on a SW Missouri St. roster.

For facetiming his girlfriend and going to bed before the alleged incident took place?

Yeah, sorry my son was asleep in the other room...and Coyle was fine letting him get labled a rapist so he could hire his shiny new coach to distract people from his complete ineptitude!

Would you be surprised if Fleck sat down with all 10 players, looked them in the eye, and thoroughly questioned them about the incident? If he hasn't already read them, having read the police report and University report prior to sitting down with them. Then, after questioning them told the original 5 that they were free to continue their appeal, but based on his judgement they are off the team. The thought popped into my mind so thought I'd share. Or most likely does he just let the process play out? Also thinking he gets Coyle to sit down with the team and get on a better communication plane.

#1 will be finding a QB.

Except he was one that face timed his girlfriend that night. Was home playing video games, and went to bed before the other guy's started sending the texts to the Empire group. Yeah it is Winfield jr and Winfield sr fault the other dudes decided to act like dogs.

Except he was one that face timed his girlfriend that night. Was home playing video games, and went to bed before the other guy's started sending the texts to the Empire group. Yeah it is Winfield jr and Winfield sr fault the other dudes decided to act like dogs.

Is that fact that Winfield was the facetime one? I think it was rumoured to be Seth Green

Is that fact that Winfield was the facetime one? I think it was rumoured to be Seth Green

Green was facetiming his girlfriend and went to bed and wasn't in the apartment. Like I said Winfield facetimed his girl, played video games and went to bed. He wasn't one of the guy's that ran the train.

Still waiting for one player or coach to apologize for 9/2. Hasn't happened yet and obviously didn't need them in the bowl. If a player's parent reads the EOAA report and doesn't question their own failure as a parent, good riddance. Football cannot be more important to the entire university.

Flecks recruiting class in Michigan has 6-7 d-line guys...a huge area of need here. I imagine he can fill out the class with a good number of his recruits and guys he was recruiting but couldn't land because they wanted to play in a power 5 conference. As far as Sawvel, I have no doubt that he is an awesome football coach, but Coyle and Kaler want to change the culture and they didn't retain him in the interim period. I can't help but think it is because most of the 10 guys played for him.

Umm- on rivals and 247 they have 3-4 DL recruits so let's not embellish here.

Oregon Gopher: tyrone chambers, chris elmore, nate umlore, noah hickcox, ralph holley, esezi otomewo, dezmond lance? I count 7.

Call him. Apologize. Whatever needs to be done. This is the kind of player we need to stay here.

NOTE: This is also based on my understanding that Jr. had nothing to with the alleged sex acts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1,000

I don't think he should get involved in that situation. That was before him. He can certainly welcome them back if they are cleared of any wrongdoing but I wouldn't go picking sides.

LesBolstad and I have not been exactly friendly on GH. But, I 100% think LesBolstad is correct.

Interesting. Can one of you enlighten us as to what "Jr.'s disgusting behavior on 9/2" was?? Was he sleeping too soundly? Maybe snored too loud? Maybe should have had telepathic ability to wake up from a dead sleep, put his superman cape on and solve the world's problems.

Making Lemons out of Lemonade -- If Fleck working through the appeals process can get the "additional 5" reinstated to the U that'd be a huge win for team.

Oregon Gopher: tyrone chambers, chris elmore, nate umlore, noah hickcox, ralph holley, esezi otomewo, dezmond lance? I count 7.

Interesting. Rivals shows 3 of those aren't committed (Elmore, Otomewo and Lance) and that Umlore is a TE prospect. 247 also shows Elmore hasn't committed.

In my opinion, any member of the football team that engaged in the activity of 9/2 should be shown the door. Anyone not involved will hopefully be fully cleared of wrong doing, and name name cleared publically. Reading the report, the girl clearly put herself in a very bad situation, but anybody with a hint of moral character would know what they (guys) were doing was wrong. If they can't recognize that, I want nothing to do with them.

Suspension? Go home to mommy for a year and come back in 2018 then maybe the U with allow you back in school. 9 players were expelled/suspended is the same as being expelled. NO one is going to go home and then come back to school after a year's suspension. These 9 are being expelled. That is a major reason the other football players are so upset about the process of the EOAA, Kaler & Coyle. 10 players are accused rapists and per the EOAA they all must be lumped together as such accused and punished with expulsion and one on probation, but still all are accused rapists. With their names and photos published as such. The entire process was handled horribly. Hopefully this new hire will calm the waters.

Seriously PJ can't change any of the situation (god help us if he could, the NCAA would kill us).

I guess he could sell him on waiting things out and possibly taking a suspension....

But really PJ has to make his sale to the players on himself first.

Still waiting for one player or coach to apologize for 9/2. Hasn't happened yet and obviously didn't need them in the bowl. If a player's parent reads the EOAA report and doesn't question their own failure as a parent, good riddance. Football cannot be more important to the entire university.

Flecks recruiting class in Michigan has 6-7 d-line guys...a huge area of need here. I imagine he can fill out the class with a good number of his recruits and guys he was recruiting but couldn't land because they wanted to play in a power 5 conference. As far as Sawvel, I have no doubt that he is an awesome football coach, but Coyle and Kaler want to change the culture and they didn't retain him in the interim period. I can't help but think it is because most of the 10 guys played for him.

His recruiting classes were ranked 10-20+ spots below the Gophs, so, yeah, let's grab his recruits.

In my opinion, any member of the football team that engaged in the activity of 9/2 should be shown the door. Anyone not involved will hopefully be fully cleared of wrong doing, and name name cleared publically. Reading the report, the girl clearly put herself in a very bad situation, but anybody with a hint of moral character would know what they (guys) were doing was wrong. If they can't recognize that, I want nothing to do with them.

While it's not attractive to me as well- how do you judge proper and improper sexuality? 60 years ago it was anything outside of missionary was considered lewd and obscene. Until 15 years ago (or even still in some minds) homosexuality was abhorrent. The major thing to me is whether it was truly consensual or not. If it was - it isn't for you and me to stand as judge, jury and especially moral protector of the realm.

Suspension? Go home to mommy for a year and come back in 2018 then maybe the U with allow you back in school. 9 players were expelled/suspended is the same as being expelled. NO one is going to go home and then come back to school after a year's suspension. These 9 are being expelled. That is a major reason the other football players are so upset about the process of the EOAA, Kaler & Coyle. 10 players are accused rapists and per the EOAA they all must be lumped together as such accused and punished with expulsion and one on probation, but still all are accused rapists. With their names and photos published as such. The entire process was handled horribly. Hopefully this new hire will calm the waters.

Only one person was recommended to be expelled.

While it's not attractive to me as well- how do you judge proper and improper sexuality? 60 years ago it was anything outside of missionary was considered lewd and obscene. Until 15 years ago (or even still in some minds) homosexuality was abhorrent. The major thing to me is whether it was truly consensual or not. If it was - it isn't for you and me to stand as judge, jury and especially moral protector of the realm.

Actually, I think you know it's a little more complicated than that. There were actions related to the event (the recruits presence, participation and drinking, the cheering, the possibility she no longer was into it as stated by a player, the group texts summoning more penises, etc.) that may be significant behavior violations. Lots of us have no issue with group sex, gang bangs, etc., and no interest in judging people's sex lives, but there is more to the story. I will assume there was no clear "no" by the girl. Unfortunately, the guys still broke some conduct expectations. I would certainly give a no suspension 2nd chance to anyone not directly "engaged" in the incident.

I don't think he should get involved in that situation. That was before him. He can certainly welcome them back if they are cleared of any wrongdoing but I wouldn't go picking sides.

Too late. The moment he accepted the job, he became involved. They are his players till they aren't. A proactive coach would at minimum contact them and let them know that he is their coach and where they currently stand. Which could be as simple as you are still suspended and I cannot discuss the suspension until the EOAA process plays out.

Going above and beyond, he would let them know he would support them where he could and post hearing sitdown with them and discuss how to go forward.

Another above and beyond scenario would be to offer support for transferring to another post secondary institution if they desired to transfer. IIRC the coach and or AD could offer a release from scholarship in certain situations and depending on the level, they might not need to sit out a year.

It's still winter break, I would think Winfield is here in The Woodlands, TX. Are any of these guys going to be taking classes in a couple weeks? Shouldn't this be resolved before classes start? Seems like they are all in limbo.

Yes. 100% correct. Instead of threatening to have his son transfer unless Coyle and Kaler were fired, Sr. probably should have spent some time with his boot firmly implanted in Jr.s backside.

Top Bottom