Coach Fleck's To Do List----#1. Get Antoine Winfield Sr.'s phone number!!!!

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
Call him. Apologize. Whatever needs to be done. This is the kind of player we need to stay here.

NOTE: This is also based on my understanding that Jr. had nothing to with the alleged sex acts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who knows if he even will be allowed to come back to this University?

I think PJ has to just wash his hands of the whole previous incident and let it play out.

Stay out of it PJ.

Getting into that whole thing just invites trouble.

Serious question: Are the suspensions just looming, EOAA recommendations at this point?

Serious question: Are the suspensions just looming, EOAA recommendations at this point?

Last report was the appeals went to a provost as per process.

I mean it is possible that a brave provost (with the cover of Kailer) widdles things down.... maybe as per someone's plan....

Call him. Apologize. Whatever needs to be done. This is the kind of player we need to stay here.

NOTE: This is also based on my understanding that Jr. had nothing to with the alleged sex acts.

I wouldn't call him until the appeal process is over. No sense in doing that until the decision is made from the U.

I wouldn't call him until the appeal process is over. No sense in doing that until the decision is made from the U.

Except these aren't criminal proceedings. Nothing is stopping from any of those guys from leaving the school in the meantime.

Except these aren't criminal proceedings. Nothing is stopping from any of those guys from leaving the school in the meantime.

Exactly. There's no harm in talking to any and all of those players' parents. In fact, it's probably the decent thing to do.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If I am one of those players, I am not sitting around and waiting if the U's appeal process plays out. I'd just leave. I hope they don't, but that's what I think will happen.

Can someone explain why the apology needs to go to Antoine Sr? Was he charged or suspended for anything?

Is it necessary?. His replacement did well in the bowl game.

#coacheslivesmatter

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If I am one of those players, I am not sitting around and waiting if the U's appeal process plays out. I'd just leave. I hope they don't, but that's what I think will happen.

Yup

Unfortunately I think he is already gone. Just a hunch though.

Can someone explain why the apology needs to go to Antoine Sr? Was he charged or suspended for anything?

On top of that it isn't on Fleck to apologize. He can reach out and explain why he hopes the players will stick with the U and let the process play out but he isn't going to be able to do anything to change the past and he won't be able to affect what is going to happen to those players going forward. So all he can really do is try and establish some relationships in the hopes that if they are cleared and reinstated they will want to come back.

He might care that his son was blindly pulled into a botched investigation and his son's picture has been under several headlines essentially calling him a rapist.

Some parents would care if that happened to their child even after their child turned the magical age of 18.

The link below might help flesh out some of the logic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parent

What is he going to say...sorry d-bag and his boss threw your son and others under the bus as a tool so they could hire me?

What is he going to say...sorry d-bag and his boss threw your son and others under the bus as a tool so they could hire me?

Seriously PJ can't change any of the situation (god help us if he could, the NCAA would kill us).

I guess he could sell him on waiting things out and possibly taking a suspension....

But really PJ has to make his sale to the players on himself first.

For PR reasons he can't be seen as getting too close to these 10 guys until after the appeals. If he's calling them saying how much he wants them to stick around and then they lose their appeal and get suspended/expelled it makes the U and Fleck look horrible in the public. Gotta keep distance until it's over.

On top of that it isn't on Fleck to apologize. He can reach out and explain why he hopes the players will stick with the U and let the process play out but he isn't going to be able to do anything to change the past and he won't be able to affect what is going to happen to those players going forward. So all he can really do is try and establish some relationships in the hopes that if they are cleared and reinstated they will want to come back.

He didn't personally do anything and that will help, but you often apologize for the actions of entities you now represent. It isn't a real apology, but it's admitting things went crazy and a promise you'll work to make them better.

Is it necessary?. His replacement did well in the bowl game.

#coacheslivesmatter

Are you referring to Ayinde? If so, 1 game doesn't make up for 2 seasons of face palms for me... To say he has struggled would be an understatement.

Exactly. There's no harm in talking to any and all of those players' parents. In fact, it's probably the decent thing to do.

This. I'd being calling Winfield. I would be asking him to see the process through, telling him that if cleared, the past is the past and encourage him to get to know the new staff before deciding. Ie. - Re-recruit the kid. The alternative for Winfield, and others that that may end up being innocent and off suspension, is sitting out a year, which is not ideal either.

Antoine Jr. and Sr. should be calling Fleck apologizing for Jrs. disgusting behavior 9/2 and begging to be let back on the team. Or we'll see you on a SW Missouri St. roster.

Last report was the appeals went to a provost as per process.

I mean it is possible that a brave provost (with the cover of Kailer) widdles things down.... maybe as per someone's plan....

The appellate officer is Provost Karen Hanson who spearheaded the effort to bring the affirmative consent rule to the U last year. The appeal is a stacked deck. She defines silence during sex as rape.

That is for the five players that were participants and they are as good as gone.

I sure hope that she does not throw the book on the second group of players that have suspensions or probation. Or is that the EOAA's part?

Antoine Jr. and Sr. should be calling Fleck apologizing for Jrs. disgusting behavior 9/2 and begging to be let back on the team. Or we'll see you on a SW Missouri St. roster.

Still waiting for one player or coach to apologize for 9/2. Hasn't happened yet and obviously didn't need them in the bowl. If a player's parent reads the EOAA report and doesn't question their own failure as a parent, good riddance. Football cannot be more important to the entire university.

Flecks recruiting class in Michigan has 6-7 d-line guys...a huge area of need here. I imagine he can fill out the class with a good number of his recruits and guys he was recruiting but couldn't land because they wanted to play in a power 5 conference. As far as Sawvel, I have no doubt that he is an awesome football coach, but Coyle and Kaler want to change the culture and they didn't retain him in the interim period. I can't help but think it is because most of the 10 guys played for him.

Still waiting for one player or coach to apologize for 9/2. Hasn't happened yet and obviously didn't need them in the bowl. If a player's parent reads the EOAA report and doesn't question their own failure as a parent, good riddance. Football cannot be more important to the entire university.

Flecks recruiting class in Michigan has 6-7 d-line guys...a huge area of need here. I imagine he can fill out the class with a good number of his recruits and guys he was recruiting but couldn't land because they wanted to play in a power 5 conference. As far as Sawvel, I have no doubt that he is an awesome football coach, but Coyle and Kaler want to change the culture and they didn't retain him in the interim period. I can't help but think it is because most of the 10 guys played for him.

I don't think ANY system, the criminal one, or university, where it benefits the accused to apologize for something while the process is ongoing... expecting them to do that is bonkers.

The appellate officer is Provost Karen Hanson who spearheaded the effort to bring the affirmative consent rule to the U last year. The appeal is a stacked deck. She defines silence during sex as rape.

That is for the five players that were participants and they are as good as gone.

I sure hope that she does not throw the book on the second group of players that have suspensions or probation. Or is that the EOAA's part?

As usual with these university justice systems it seems like a bad idea to have advocates for the rules .... enforcing them since they have a strong inclination already....

It's all Kafka with this stuff.

Or trying to not have the kids hear anything.

Top Bottom