Coach Fleck with a POWERFUL closing statement...A message to the true fans and the critics.

What would have our other past coaches have said I agree with him.

100 percent with Coach Fleck on this. No going back. Not letting the critics and naysayers crap on the Gophers. F Reusse and Bob. Sanservere. Badger's are going to find out, they took something that was ours, and we will be looking for payback starting tomorrow. Go Gophers.

It was very clear today that the Badgers were the better team today, and they game planned better. A new wrinkle after the Illinois lost was their much improve WR threat. They also had some creative play making. They came prepared.

I hope Daniel Fa'alele is okay. It showed how important O-Line depth is tonight.

The Badgers won the battle of the trenches in both offense and defense.

In Fleck we trust. He will out-recruit himself and his predecessors. One thing for sure, he is going to work smarter and harder to reach and surpass the level of Wisconsin and the stalwarts of the Big Ten East. That we can be sure.

Kudos to Coach Fleck, the Seniors, the entire team, the Administration, and coaching staff for getting the Gophers to a ten-win season. There is a lot to be grateful and thankful for.

I am looking forward to the next few seasons. You heard the man. We are not going back to the path of mediocrity.

Engaged a disappointed older fan on the bus back to the Fairground Lot. I'm not young at all but have only been a Gopher fan since Mason's hire. This guy goes back to throwing a football with his dad during the '62 Rose Bowl season. He was in the stands in 1967 and so on.

Not sure how it started but I noted we were 10-2 like since forever and were B1G 10 West Co-Champions and that was great. His wife was astonished and really was focused on how bad the outcome was for having GameDay in town, but wanted to hear the positives that do indeed survive today's outcome. The husband Gopher would have nothing of it. He was really fixated on our lack of run game this year. I countered that losing Big Dan was a big deal with the game plan, but agreed our run game has just not matched expectations. Anyway we went back and forth the whole ride. on the season and the future. In the end we agreed to disagree.

I hope that fan gets to hear Coach's message in this clip. He'll recognize the message that he just didn't want to hear.

Have to "let it go."

I love this guy!

I don't doubt there are fans crapping on Saban after losing the Iron Bowl today.

Who knows if Fleck gets it done or not but I totally believe if he doesn’t it won’t be for a lack of trying.

Pro tip. He’s already got it done. Now it’s up to Minnesota to keep him, because they’ll never see a coach of his caliber again. Etch it in history.

Pro tip. He’s already got it done. Now it’s up to Minnesota to keep him, because they’ll never see a coach of his caliber again. Etch it in history.
We are in Mason territory. It’s up to him to pass that.

We are in Mason territory. It’s up to him to pass that.
True. But Fleck has two main things over Mason: 1. he has the full backing of the U administration and the resources, and 2. he has not (yet) openly flirted with trying to move to another program. Mason burned a ton of momentum and good will when he went for the OSU job.

He has us back to what he inherited. Hope he can take the next step. Wish some of our “fans” could appreciate efforts of past coaches as well, and the success they had. No, they didn’t get us over the hump, but Fleck wouldn’t be playing in this game today to go to Big 10 Championship if it wasn’t for the work Kill/Claeys and staff did to rebuild after Brewster. He’s also benefitting from all Mason and Kill did to get the respective facilities they worked so hard for. I wish Fleck well in the next step and wish many of our fans could support him without having to talk so poorly of the work our previous staffs did.

He has us back to what he inherited. Hope he can take the next step. Wish some of our “fans” could appreciate efforts of past coaches as well, and the success they had. No, they didn’t get us over the hump, but Fleck wouldn’t be playing in this game today to go to Big 10 Championship if it wasn’t for the work Kill/Claeys and staff did to rebuild after Brewster. He’s also benefitting from all Mason and Kill did to get the respective facilities they worked so hard for. I wish Fleck well in the next step and wish many of our fans could support him without having to talk so poorly of the work our previous staffs did.
That’s in the past. Let it go. Fleck is 100% right and this is exactly the right message.
Very few expected us to have the year we did. We aren’t there yet. But the future is incredibly bright.

That felt good didn't it? Soul cleansing moment with impeccable timing.

What you're hearing between the lines is dismay at how stubborn the negative culture is among the fans. He touched on that when he mentioned the "same old Gophers" thing in passing. It's not the past; it's the present. He's imploring people to walk into the light instead of cowering in the cave. We could learn a thing or two from the drunkards to the east. When Alvarez had them obviously headed in the right direction, I'd be surprised if as many of them were being dragged kicking and screaming out of some comfort zone of self pity and fatalism as there are over here.

Just accept that progress is often two steps forward and one step back. The pushback is of course going to come from the Gophers' opponents on the field, but it doesn't have to come from our own fans.

Wacker, Mason, Brewster, and Kill all said the same.

0 Big 10 Champions. 0 Division titles. 3 wins out of our last 25 against our biggest "rivals" who showed how much respect they have for our program after they kicked our behinds today.

Fleck will have to show us that this is a new program on the field -- he certainly didn't show us today.

When did they win 10 games and get ranked in the top 10? When did they beat the #4 team in the country? Just wondering. I was a HUGE Kill fan and I jumped on the TC bandwagon but PJ is our coach right now. You are either a Gopher fan or you are not.

When did they win 10 games and get ranked in the top 10? When did they beat the #4 team in the country? Just wondering. I was a HUGE Kill fan and I jumped on the TC bandwagon but PJ is our coach right now. You are either a Gopher fan or you are not.
Stupid

This is as idiotic as it gets.

What you're hearing between the lines is dismay at how stubborn the negative culture is among the fans. He touched on that when he mentioned the "same old Gophers" thing in passing. It's not the past; it's the present. He's imploring people to walk into the light instead of cowering in the cave. We could learn a thing or two from the drunkards to the east. When Alvarez had them obviously headed in the right direction, I'd be surprised if as many of them were being dragged kicking and screaming out of some comfort zone of self pity and fatalism as there are over here.

Just accept that progress is often two steps forward and one step back. The pushback is of course going to come from the Gophers' opponents on the field, but it doesn't have to come from our own fans.

I was in college with many of these people as they went from horrible program to winning the Big Ten. I was convinced I knew better because programs like that couldn't win the Big Ten. They seems ignorant and stupid to the idea that something bad might happen to their team.

The bad thing never happened to them and they won the Big Ten.

Now the realist in me tells me that what a fan thinks or says probably doesn't matter when it comes to how a team performs on the field.

However, where it seems to matter is when recruiting and our local fans appears to think of the Gophers as a joke, so the idea of leaving to Iowa, ND, WI seems like a common-sense move rather than stay.

So if there's something to that, we would gain by having the whole state be fans of the Gophers and it starts to become a self-fullfilling prophecy that kids stay home.
But if we continue to be the butt of jokes among other MN fans and media alike, than it's more likely a kid goes somewhere else.

Whether it realy matters or not, I'm not sure, but it seems like it might.

There's no reason for the old thinking, either. When Fleck was hired, the U finally decided to make a real and ongoing commitment not to just play in the Big Ten, but to be successful in the Big Ten. That's something that hasn't really existed since Bierman was fired. Base expectations should be higher.

Go Gophers!!
I love this coach and the culture he has created. In comparison, Scott Frost threw his players under the bus after their loss yesterday. Let me ask the naysayers, who would you rather have the helm of our program? Without doubt, PJ is the best thing to happen to our program in the past 50 years. Thank you PJ!

Top Bottom