Claeys Announces Changes To Staff - Limegrover & Zebrowski are gone per U

Interesting that Limegrover said today he prefers just being an OL coach. Do you think Limegrover and Kill or Claeys and Kill are more alike? I think it's Claeys and Kill potentially. Limegrover seems to want to pass more often and not just pound the rock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting. Claeys is single. I wonder how that plays out. Anyone know how many D1 HC's are single? Who's the First Lady of Gopher Football and recruiting?
Asking the important questions.

This is the part that's really vexing me. Kill threw his full weight behind Claeys getting the full time gig. Kills was EXTREMELY loyal to Limegrover (who said as much in his Strib interview). So right now, I gotta think Kill is either feeling:

1) Extremely p!ssed and betrayed as he had no idea this was coming

2) Relieved he didn't have to do this himself as he knew it was time

3) Upset, as he didn't know the full plan, but he understands the business

This whole thing is fascinating.

Honestly, who cares? JK retired. His opinion is interesting, but really no more important than you or I. I don't much care what JK our TBrew think of these moves...

Well this sure blows a hole in the "Claeys will keep a successful staff together that has been so, so successful under coach Kill and that Claeys is leading a tight-knit group of coaches who work so well together"

This is not good. If the whole reason of keeping Claeys was continuity because "the staff works so well together" then why not do a national search?

Claeys is no Mark Dantonio.

That is an excellent point.

Honestly, who cares? JK retired. His opinion is interesting, but really no more important than you or I. I don't much care what JK our TBrew think of these moves...

What if TBrew is the new OC, then what?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

We'll probably see Limegrover as an OL coach before long somewhere.

For those with years of football knowledge: When are new coaches typically in place by? Are we talking days, weeks?

At what point should I start pacing around my house?

For those with years of football knowledge: When are new coaches typically in place by? Are we talking days, weeks?

At what point should I start pacing around my house?

Will a hire have to wait until more dominos in the HC landscape fall?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am wondering if he will be considered. Done quite a bit in a bottom feeding NSIC program

This is one of those "if it wasn't for his Gopher connections, would he seriously be considered" type guys. I can only imagine the GopherHole reaction if another DII guy was announced.

That said, I know nothing about Sauter... no disrespect to him.

Z was not so good with his qb coaching skills - limey was trying to make chkn salad outta chkn sht. leidner reign of terror sponsored by kill and coach z essentially killed limeys ability to deliver a solid product. this is a good lesson for any manager who has an employee foisted upon them. you don't keep quiet to make the boss happy.

Zebrowski's UMN resume consists of:

1. Marqueis Gray
2. Max Shortell
3. Phil Nelson
5. Mitch Leidner
4. Chris Streveler

Not a good look. You could say he didn't have much to work with, but 5 years is 5 years.

This is a gutsy decision by Coach Claeys. He is on a short contract and now wants to change the offensive identity. If he plans a significant change, it will be interesting to see how quickly it can be implemented. I hope we aren't in the middle of next season hearing "it will take some time for this new offensive plan to come together". The schedule is very favorable next year and I hope the Gophers don't miss a window of opportunity with offensive strategy transition issues.

This is one of those "if it wasn't for his Gopher connections, would he seriously be considered" type guys. I can only imagine the GopherHole reaction if another DII guy was announced.

That said, I know nothing about Sauter... no disrespect to him.

I just don't see them going out and getting a name brand type of coach for offensive coordinator. Unless its someone internal they are probably going to have to go to the MAC coordinator level or 1AA/D2 head coaching level. Sauter's d2 team puts up about 50 points a game. They won 8 or 9 games this year. I'm too lazy to look. A few years ago before he was head coach they usually won 1/2 games. Is this too big of a jump for him. Probably. I highly doubt they hire him, but it would be intriguing option.

I'm guessing whoever is the new OC will want say in his new OL and QB coach. Hopefully we can keep Reeves considering how well our TE and H-Backs have played. Wonder what kind of loyalty the rest of the offensive coaches had to Limegrover.

Did you watch the last few months of the year? I don't think Mitch is a good QB or anything, but it would be really surprising if anyone on the roster could outperform him. Look at his stats in the Big 10 season.

Agreed. Absent some great junior college or grad transfer, Leidner should be the QB next year.

Take a look at the 2015 Head Coach Vacancies thread, there are a lot of out of work coaches out there. Lots of coaches looking for work.

I just don't see them going out and getting a name brand type of coach for offensive coordinator.

I don't know. It's not like they pay badly. Limegrover made something like $500 K per year. I'm pretty sure that is above average for a FBS OC.

Saw on twitter Poljan reopens his recruiting due to these changes.

I don't know. It's not like they pay badly. Limegrover made something like $500 K per year. I'm pretty sure that is above average for a FBS OC.

How much is Lane making at Alabama? :)

Top Bottom