Claeys Announces Changes To Staff - Limegrover & Zebrowski are gone per U

I can get behind this and I now have newfound respect for TC. I did 't think he would have the guts to cut ties with Limey due to the whole loyalty thing. Even if it does not work out, I am still glad he made the change because it needed to be done.

Would not surprise me at all to see Zebrowski gone as it seemed like Leidner got a lot more advice and gave credit to Webber than him anyway and Zebrowski never really had great progression from his QBs. The Limegrover one does surprise me some, I wonder what the situation was exactly as I thought maybe Claeys would try to get Limegrover to be the OC or the OL coach and not both and maybe Claeys did try to do that and Limegrover didn't like that idea.

Not sure if anyone else saw this. And I never mentioned it before as I put very little stock in it.

But awhile ago just an average person (not media or anything) tweeted he took a restaurant reservation for Gophers and Glen Mason. Mason tweeted it was false, but still found it interesting.

Not sure if anyone else saw this. And I never mentioned it before as I put very little stock in it.

But awhile ago just an average person (not media or anything) tweeted he took a restaurant reservation for Gophers and Glen Mason. Mason tweeted it was false, but still found it interesting.

It's not mason

He had hc opportunities years ago

I hate to cheer for anyone to lose a job, but for the sake of the program, I really hope this is true. It has been evident to many people since early in Kill's first year that Limegrover was in over his head as a coordinator at this level and, in my opinion, he's done nothing to change that perception since.

I think it's funny how many humanoids are already posting in this thread in the past tense.

Actually loved the offensive play calling since claeys took over. This surprises me if it's limegrover. Wouldn't surprise me to see Z go. I can understand if claeys wants a different offensive style and identity how ever so it's his call. I'll just say I hope this doesn't effect the offensive recruiting class we have so far because I like the oline, wide receivers, and qb we have right now. Not that it should be a consideration in making this kind of change, I just hope it doesn't effect the class is all.

Not sure why some think TC is without relationships...Kill and CO took visits to dozens of other schools over the years plus yearly camps, etc. Would not be surprised to see a coach out of the MAC that is a current OC to move up or from one of the many schools they have visited over the years.

Timing feels really odd to make this kind of move or let it slip that this move is coming on the same day as the end of season banquet. Would like to see something more official than a tweet before putting a ton of stock into it.

I'm glad Claeys is putting his stamp on things.

Mitch Browning is currently the OC coach at Rutgers....

If the change the staff around Claeys, what was the point of hiring Claeys in the first place?

I trust Ryan Burns when he says something. His sources are usually solid.

I think I'm more interested in seeing who will take over defensive coordinator or if Tracy is going to keep doing it himself.

Not sure why some think TC is without relationships...Kill and CO took visits to dozens of other schools over the years plus yearly camps, etc. Would not be surprised to see a coach out of the MAC that is a current OC to move up or from one of the many schools they have visited over the years.

Good point. Actually hadn't thought of that.

Like I've said we can try to outcompete Wisconsin and Iowa for the same recruits on the OL or we can go another direction in philosophy. A different philosophy has a lot more of a shot at catching Iowa and Wisconsin than the Kill/Limegrover one.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow. I was hoping it was true. Now I am more excited about next year than I was just moments ago.

laeys Announces Changes To Staff

University of Minnesota head football coach Tracy Claeys announced today that offensive coordinator Matt Limegrover and passing game coordinator Jim Zebrowski will not have their contracts renewed.

Limegrover also coached the offensive line, while Zebrowski coached the quarterbacks.

“Matt and Jim are both terrific people and coaches, but I have decided to make a change that will better fit my offensive philosophy, which is to have one coordinator calling the plays,” said Claeys. “They have been great representatives for the university and always put our student-athletes first, and I thank them for their contributions to our program and wish them well in the future.”

A search to replace Limegrover and Zebrowski will begin immediately.

Wow! Just saw Christiansen's blurb in Star-Tribune that confirms both Limegrover and Zebrowksi are gone!

I guess Claeys is going to do it his way after all! He is going all "Gary Patterson" after watching this offense for too long.

No more allegiance to Leidner! If he can't improve going into his last season, the QB position should be wide open. I have to believe Claeys has someone in mind for the OC position.

Appreciate the official confirmation, Nadine. CC to mods: please merge this thread with the other "Coaching changes" thread so everyone doesn't have to read through two threads.

I don't mind the move. I think Claeys needs to do what he thinks is best for the program. That said, we were a middle of the road offensive team last year. I don't know if that's as easy to replace as we all think it might be.

Top Bottom