Cashius McNeilly & Emanuel Miller (Texas A&M) both in the portal

I really do think this would be huge. Canadian basketball is getting so very good. They have a lot of talent and it seems that more and more Canadians are gravitating towards basketball. Recent NBA drafts have had Canadian talent, I predict their Olympic team will medal in one of the next three Olympics, they are becoming stacked.

We need to position ourselves as the Canadian home away from home team. Imagine if we had a tremendous pipeline that could bring in talent the likes of Andrew Wiggins, Jamal Murray, Tristian Thompson. You could recruit basically just Minnesota and Canada and field Big Ten championship-caliber teams.

Got depressed with all the haters in the Chet thread. Time for some optimism. Landing McNeilly might end up being a huge benefit with Canadian talent.

Also, Carr knows all these guys and hooped with them all offseason prior to this year.

Article below about transfers A&M grabbed due to Miller and McNeilly transfers.

<<https://theeagle.com/sports/college...cle_8418224c-9ffe-11eb-876c-9fc546a02d6c.html>>

“The additions were necessary after seven A&M players entered the NCAA transfer portal this offseason, including super seniors Jay Jay Chandler, Savion Flagg and Kevin Marfo. This week, the Aggies also lost leading scorer Emanuel Miller and guard Cashius McNeilly to transfer. The two are likely to follow former A&M associate head coach Jamie McNeilly to Minnesota, where the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports he will take an assistant coaching job.”

Got depressed with all the haters in the Chet thread. Time for some optimism. Landing McNeilly might end up being a huge benefit with Canadian talent.

Also, Carr knows all these guys and hooped with them all offseason prior to this year.

Article below about transfers A&M grabbed due to Miller and McNeilly transfers.

<<https://theeagle.com/sports/college...cle_8418224c-9ffe-11eb-876c-9fc546a02d6c.html>>

“The additions were necessary after seven A&M players entered the NCAA transfer portal this offseason, including super seniors Jay Jay Chandler, Savion Flagg and Kevin Marfo. This week, the Aggies also lost leading scorer Emanuel Miller and guard Cashius McNeilly to transfer. The two are likely to follow former A&M associate head coach Jamie McNeilly to Minnesota, where the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports he will take an assistant coaching job.”

Let this be true! Would be amazing!

Do we really have to wait until May to land both these guys? It's worth the wait, but I'm on the edge of my seat

Do we really have to wait until May to land both these guys? It's worth the wait, but I'm on the edge of my seat
Not sure what I'm more excited for, these potential signings or the closing on my new house at the end of the month! I've been spending way too much time lurking on here recently for news.

What could have been!
I’m guessing Smart is retired from coaching. I believe he consults with an NHL team or two? Can’t remember what I read. I’ll throw his name out again for the next coaching search.

I’m guessing Smart is retired from coaching. I believe he consults with an NHL team or two? Can’t remember what I read. I’ll throw his name out again for the next coaching search.
NHL?

Why can't anything happen until May?
something with thats when McNiellys contract is up or something i thought i read? Im not sure why it has to wait that long because of that....maybe some wording in the contract?

It was speculated on a Texas A&M message board by a particular poster that, maybe his contract isn't up until May and therefore no annoucements would be coming until then.

Thank you both for the info. It appears that these 2 players would be really good additions.

I think the Visa issues with changing employers is a more likely reason.
The same TA&M message board thread mentioned that it took a very long time for Buzz Williams to announce his staff in 2019.

Perhaps with McN moving with Buzz from Virginia Tech, the exact same issue you speculate here cropped up and caused that delay there?

Honestly the longer it takes, the more confidence I have that it’s paperwork. I would guess negotiations would have been over by now if McN wanted to turn us down.

The press & fans of Texas A&M basketball this week have chastised coach McNeilly for the assumption he is going to Minnesota along with their top basketball player 6-7 SG-F Emanuel Miller & Cashius Mc Neilly, ranked as #1 guard 2019 in Ontario Canada....Coach McNelly had 4-rostered Canadian players on the A&M team and is considered one of the top U.S. basketball recruiters for Canada .....

You would think Seattle will change that someday
There is a really amazing series of episodes on YouTube that some people put together on just how amazingly confounding the Seattle M's franchise has been over the years, even since the founding.

I think it came out last year.

There is a really amazing series of episodes on YouTube that some people put together on just how amazingly confounding the Seattle M's franchise has been over the years, even since the founding.

I think it came out last year.
Jon Bois created them. He is a low-key genius.

All this exciting Seattle Mariner history has me on the edge of my seat, that being said, really like to get this trio.

Top Bottom