Carlos Morris Dismissed

Elliott Eliason had a horrible attitude through out his entire senior year. Why wasn't he given the boot?

Elliott Eliason had a horrible attitude through out his entire senior year. Why wasn't he given the boot?

We don't know the specifics of what happened. Maybe what Morris did was worse. Or maybe Pitino learned from the situation and decided it is better to let the player go in that situation.

I'd guess because it wasn't as ****ty as Zach Lofton or Carlos.

i'm guessing people are saying he's a cancer because, well, the coach determined his conduct was detrimental to the team which = a team cancer. not sure why people are acting like pitino doesn't know what he's doing in this scenario.

Be very careful with your assumptions; conduct detrimental to the could also mean

"My job is on the line next season doing need to get kids who will be here next year minutes. You may be a better player or actual earned the minutes but it's best for the program (code for me)."

If a player has an issue with this and the coach is unable or unwilling to explain this to the satisfaction of said player......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be very careful with your assumptions; conduct detrimental to the could also mean

"My job is on the line next season doing need to get kids who will be here next year minutes. You may be a better player or actual earned the minutes but it's best for the program (code for me)."

Have we heard from Morris yet? If it went down as you are suggesting, I would expect to hear something from him in his own defense. Your notion of how Pitino would be selfish in wanting the team to be better next season is preposterous. Everyone(players, coaches, fans) wants the team to be better next year for their own selfish reasons. Some don't want the team to be better next year for their own selfish reasons. If Pitino being selfish improves the team, more power to him. His job is to improve the team.

If a player has an issue with this and the coach is unable or unwilling to explain this to the satisfaction of said player......

But this wasn't the case (bold part), not in the least. Further, this line of thinking isn't thorough. Much better to leave an innocent player on the bench than to boot him off the team. Chances are, Morris did something pretty bad or quite disrespectful.

But this wasn't the case (bold part), not in the least. Further, this line of thinking isn't thorough. Much better to leave an innocent player on the bench than to boot him off the team. Chances are, Morris did something pretty bad or quite disrespectful.

You're funny. I'm curious; how exactly was my line of thinking not thorough? How were you.....thorough?

Have we heard from Morris yet? If it went down as you are suggesting, I would expect to hear something from him in his own defense. Your notion of how Pitino would be selfish in wanting the team to be better next season is preposterous. Everyone(players, coaches, fans) wants the team to be better next year for their own selfish reasons. Some don't want the team to be better next year for their own selfish reasons. If Pitino being selfish improves the team, more power to him. His job is to improve the team.

To be clear; I have absolutely no idea what actually happened.

Morris could have went Peyton Manning and T-Bagged the trainer for all I know.

Preposterous? You obviously have not been around sports much.

Just to be clear, I do not doubt Pitino is selfishly motivated in his decisions. The reason I said your statement was preposterous is because people being selfishly motivated is expected to a degree. Many people are good at what they do because of selfishness. I prefer to call it self- motivated, drive to be the best, will to win, etc.

So your idea is to post something inflammatory blaming the coach when you have no idea what happened? the dismissal could have meant a lot of things. however blaming someone when you or I don't know... all I have to say is you're really cool.

Just to be clear, I do not doubt Pitino is selfishly motivated in his decisions. The reason I said your statement was preposterous is because people being selfishly motivated is expected to a degree. Many people are good at what they do because of selfishness. I prefer to call it self- motivated, drive to be the best, will to win, etc.

Cool, I can respect your position.

Again I have no idea what's going on or happened. I was just offering up another possibility.

Cool, I can respect your position.

Again I have no idea what's going on or happened. I was just offering up another possibility.

I can appreciate your skepticism. I understand, these situations are sensitive. I hope everyone involved learns and grows from it regardless of what went down.

So your idea is to post something inflammatory blaming the coach when you have no idea what happened? the dismissal could have meant a lot of things. however blaming someone when you or I don't know... all I have to say is you're really cool.

So your idea is to get your panties all in a bunch after reading where I clearly stated I had no idea as to what happened (neither does anyone else) and was only offering up another possibility.

I

I can appreciate your skepticism. I understand, these situations are sensitive. I hope everyone involved learns and grows from it regardless of what went down.

Skepticism? Not at all, I just know there are two sides to every story.

True story; a player at a major college to the east was dismissed from the football team for conduct detrimental to the team. What did he do? He tried to whip the head coaches ass after the coach called him a pussy cat (minus the cat) during practice and repeatedly questioned his man hood.

The player snapped, the coach ran (meow) the police were called and the player was kicked off the team.

What happened here? I don't know, I will wait to find out more before I have an opinion.

So your idea is to get your panties all in a bunch after reading where I clearly stated I had no idea as to what happened (neither does anyone else) and was only offering up another possibility.

I

The problem is, SF24, in this thread you implied something fairly inflammatory given no information to support your suggestion. You chose a low probability route...we all know that there are many possibilities here and no one seems to be jumping to any definite conclusions. For all we know, a full moon made him do it. The point is, you seemed to imply knowledge of an event, one which would look bad on the coach if true, yet provided zero supporting evidence. Thus, you're merely speculating and adding nothing to the discussion. Why even go there?

The problem is, SF24, in this thread you implied something fairly inflammatory given no information to support your suggestion. You chose a low probability route...we all know that there are many possibilities here and no one seems to be jumping to any definite conclusions. For all we know, a full moon made him do it. The point is, you seemed to imply knowledge of an event, one which would look bad on the coach if true, yet provided zero supporting evidence. Thus, you're merely speculating and adding nothing to the discussion. Why even go there?

I would suggest you go back and read the posts prior to mine. You will clearly see folks deciding Morris was at fault (he might be).

I implied nothing, I said don't make assumptions and offered a potential scenario. Three posts later when it was obvious folks thought I had some insight; I clearly stated I didn't.

Ten posts later including two which I reiterated I wasn't making any claims and your panties are still in a bunch?

Come on man![emoji41]

I took my own advice and went back and read everything you wrote. Without knowing the facts you trashed Morris. You did everything you accused me of? I understand you now. Your issue with me is I wasn't trashing Morris. You should buy yourself a mirror.[emoji45]

Ok, I haven't contributed to the trashing of Morris, and I still think you added nothing but more weird speculation. I can understand why you thought that might be helpful, but I would encourage you to rethink that. If you think that exhibiting the same sort of objectionable behavior but in the 'opposite direction' is effective to make a point, well, the answer is no. People really don't learn that way.

Ok, I haven't contributed to the trashing of Morris, and I still think you added nothing but more weird speculation. I can understand why you thought that might be helpful, but I would encourage you to rethink that. If you think that exhibiting the same sort of objectionable behavior but in the 'opposite direction' is effective to make a point, well, the answer is no. People really don't learn that way.

Moonlight, weird speculation rules on Gopherhole, didn't you know that?

I was hoping to see a public comment from Carlos. No word which makes me wonder if there are bad vibes on his part. And I hope that the staff will stay in contact with him.

I hope he will focus on getting his degree from the UM and work toward a career rather than going to the darkside.

Why wouldn't he have bad vibes? He got kicked off the team. I'm sure he is not happy.

I was hoping to see a public comment from Carlos. No word which makes me wonder if there are bad vibes on his part. And I hope that the staff will stay in contact with him.

I hope he will focus on getting his degree from the UM and work toward a career rather than going to the darkside.

Did you ever consider that Carlos and Pitino agreed on the rational for parting and that Carlos is a class act and doesn't want to talk crap for his own selfish reasons?

There is the chance that the young man doesn't want to disrupt his teammates you know.

Yes.

I was hoping for a general comment or statement that would wrap up the situation as he moves on: "I wish my teammates and the Gophers the best as they finish the season. And I look forward to getting my degree from the UM. Its a great school and program and I know much better things are ahead............." Something that would help put the situation to rest and let the fans know he is OK. I happen to be concerned about his future.

Cool Bayfield! Excuse me for being cynical.

Top Bottom