Carlos Morris Dismissed

Disappointed that I won't get to see him miss 5 floaters tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who will charge head long, out-of-control into the lane with no intention of passing, with 20 seconds left on the shot clock, step out of bounds & then dog it back the other way down the court?

Pitino is simply leveling the playing field for Thursday, with Diamond Stone out.

Didn't Morris have somebody close to him pass recently? Grief can make you do things you regret sometimes, who knows what actually happened, maybe he was complaining a lot of practice, maybe he was just indifferent as the season was moving forward will never know. You always want guys to have their moment on Senior day, it'll just be Joey King unless there's a senior walk on I don't know about. At least Pitino didn't pull his scholly
Good point and good post

Fans love to act like they actually care about the players on the team. Until the players don't play well or get into any sort of trouble then its good riddance.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I really don't understand people needing to take this opportunity to kick Carlos while he's down. He was begged to come here, which is no fault of his own - was he supposed to tell a b10 school - no, I foresee it being too challenging due to some weaknesses in my game so I'm going to pass so to not potentially disappoint the MN fan base with my inevitable under performance... The kid gave it his best shot, leave him be.

I'll just leave it this I get why Morris would've been mad, it's tough when you're losing and you're losing your PT, coach might not have as much invested in you anymore. If the tweets are true, unless Carlos crossed a line of no return I feel like this could've been worked out without kicking him off the team. Seems thin skinned to dismiss a guy because you got in an argument, but like I said maybe Morris said something that there's no coming back from.

i'm guessing people are saying he's a cancer because, well, the coach determined his conduct was detrimental to the team which = a team cancer. not sure why people are acting like pitino doesn't know what he's doing in this scenario.

I don't think that behavior detrimental to the team, which could probably be any number of things, necessarily makes him a cancer. For instance, maybe he has a weed habit or is slacking off academically, which he shouldn't be doing, but it's maybe not the sort of thing that's gonna make your teammates hate you and bring the team down, to the point that they're glad to be rid of you. I think this incident is going allow people who hate Carlos Morris the basketball player to justify hating Carlos Morris the human being.

With as much as the young guys have been contributing, I don't think this is a gigantic loss, but it's still a loss.

You're right, but he did sign a NLI and was released from it, supposedly because of admissions issues, so he was a recruit that didn't play for us, just like Lofton.
And can we count Rakeem Buckles a forward we couldn't get in school who really may have helped us get in the dance a couple years ago. How about Jarvis Johnson Pitino's fault he can't play. Lofton was here practicing big difference between him and Nwankowa.

And can we count Rakeem Buckles a forward we couldn't get in school who really may have helped us get in the dance a couple years ago. How about Jarvis Johnson Pitino's fault he can't play. Lofton was here practicing big difference between him and Nwankowa.

Buckles wasn't cleared by the NCAA but the point still stands. Circumstances matter.

Buckles' request for transfer from FIU was denied by the NCAA, not by the U, so he wasn't close to being part of this team and isn't comparable to Nwankwo (although you'd think Buckles was a Gopher given how much he was built up on this board). You'll also see from my list that I didn't include Jarvis, so I'm not sure why you included him.

You're right, but he did sign a NLI and was released from it, supposedly because of admissions issues, so he was a recruit that didn't play for us, just like Lofton.

Right but he was never on the team and never used up a scholarship so he wasn't an early departure. In fact, didn't we use his scholarship to get Murphy instead?

I won't miss him; he was far and away the hardest player to watch on this team for me. He had plenty of talent but made absolutely terrible decisions and played no defense.

I really don't understand people needing to take this opportunity to kick Carlos while he's down.

If you tell yourself that Morris was a bad player and actually harming the team, it's easier to tell yourself the team will be better without him, especially next year.

If you tell yourself that Morris was a bad player and actually harming the team, it's easier to tell yourself the team will be better without him, especially next year.

I would argue situations like this harm the team more than anything that Morris does or doesn't do on the court given we have five or six games left on a 6-whatever team. Play him four minutes a game if you must, but let him have his senior day.

I would argue situations like this harm the team more than anything that Morris does or doesn't do on the court given we have five or six games left on a 6-whatever team. Play him four minutes a game if you must, but let him have his senior day.

Who knows what line Carlos crossed? Given how it ended with Elliot last year, got to wonder if that would have been in the best interests of everyone. That was the most awkward Senior Day I've ever seen. End of the season it will be very interesting to see if anyone else leaves. If it's any of the freshmen or Nate, then I'm going to start cussing about Norwood yet again.

It only hurts from the perception the program to some seems to be falling apart. I don't believe that is the case and his loss hurts the team very little if at all. We just don't need the headlines.

It only hurts from the perception the program to some seems to be falling apart. I don't believe that is the case and his loss hurts the team very little if at all. We just don't need the headlines.

It is hard for me to believe that the program isn't falling apart. You have a novice coach who is in over his head, several of his recruits have jus not worked out for various reasons, many of his players have digressed once they become part of the program, and they have not won a game in the Big Ten. It seems to me the wheels are not even on the cart anymore. They have long fallen off. Sad but true.

Anyone know why Amir Coffey hasn't been playing? Are we sure there isn't something going on there?

It is hard for me to believe that the program isn't falling apart. You have a novice coach who is in over his head, several of his recruits have jus not worked out for various reasons, many of his players have digressed once they become part of the program, and they have not won a game in the Big Ten. It seems to me the wheels are not even on the cart anymore. They have long fallen off. Sad but true.

Anyone know why Amir Coffey hasn't been playing? Are we sure there isn't something going on there?
Something going on? He has has a sore ankle I believe. Gary Trent has missed a few games. Are we sure there isn't something going on there? lol We are having an awful year does that constitute falling apart? I don't think so.

It's easy for any of us sitting in the stands or in front of the TV to call for the seniors to not play as it may be in the best interest of the program, but I've always felt badly for situations like Morris or Eliason last year. You only get one shot at this. It would be tough to watch your minutes go away in your last handful of college games. Maybe it was a different issue -- would be interesting to know.

Eliason was a team player and the biggest hustler on the team. To demote a guy who constantly gives his all for the betterment of the team, that was a huge mistake. Furthermore, the team often played better with EE in the game, particularly because he was the only rebounder and interior defender on the team, even if Mo was a much better scorer.

Morris, eh, not so much. If you're going to compound the lack of team play on the court with off-court antics, that's a bad combination.

I just hope the players agree on pitinos decision. If they had a verbal disagreement was it over something Carlos had the ear of the kids about? Or was he a lone wolf.

Maybe coach Ps a hot head,this is the 2nd young mans future in two years.
Where he gives us no sign,and BOOM!!!!
Then the same script he can finish his scholarship(which probably means no laws have been broken)
We're really giving him a big benefit of the doubt,in all aspects.

Top Bottom