CARLOS MORRIS COMMITS TO THE U!!!

We have only 4, correct. But the feeling is that if Vaughn wants to come here in the spring, we will make room for him.

What are you implying is going to happen to poor Oto? :cool: This is good news. Let's worry about running out of scholarships when it actually happens.

Seems legit....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="http://t.co/l9MrHD9OFi">pic.twitter.com/l9MrHD9OFi</a></p>— Carlos Morris (@Carlos_Morris11) <a href="https://twitter.com/Carlos_Morris11/statuses/386160659584389120">October 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Think I love benji more than his mama do <a href="http://t.co/wvInwyK4Bg">pic.twitter.com/wvInwyK4Bg</a></p>— Carlos Morris (@Carlos_Morris11) <a href="https://twitter.com/Carlos_Morris11/statuses/386161680096305152">October 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Attachments

• BVvrEuSCYAAI771.jpg
    BVvrEuSCYAAI771.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 16

Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDanielsFOX 9m
Carlos Morris to Minnesota. Former top 100 recruit. Was No. 20 SG in class of 2012.

Good get.

Bu since this thread is about Carlos the gopher, not Vaughn, this is a great gift, he may not bring Austin Hollins offense, but I think he's built like Austin or Damian Johnson and could defend like them, correct me if I'm wrong but Carlos the gopher was a top 100 recruit coming out of high school?

According to some recruiting services, yes. Definitely a solid get for us and I agree that he should be able to fill Austin's shoes assuming we don't get Vaughn.

It is not a sure thing Andre stays 4 years. He can get his degree playing pro ball.

It is not a sure thing Andre stays 4 years. He can get his degree playing pro ball.

If 2014 wasn't the strongest draft of the last 10 years I might agree with you, but I think he's a mid 2nd rounder at best next year. I see him staying all 4 years, graduating (maybe even taking some grad classes) and working on his ball handling so he can play PG at the next level.

We need to sign a "big" pretty soon, don't we? We're getting awfully guard/wing heavy? Still gotta' have some beef/bruisers to compete in the Big Ten.

Travis would certainly fill a frontline need, big time.

We need to sign a "big" pretty soon, don't we? We're getting awfully guard heavy? Still gotta' have some beef to compete in the Big Ten.

Agreed, but Josh Martin should be considered a big also for this class too, shouldn't he?

We need to sign a "big" pretty soon, don't we? We're getting awfully guard/wing heavy? Still gotta' have some beef/bruisers to compete in the Big Ten.

Josh Martin is a PF/SF type. Seems like he has the beef to play in the post. Also, if we do end up missing on Reid, we are still looking at Abdoulaye Gueye. I believe he had to take the ACT/SAT and then was going to take his visits, including here.

We need to sign a "big" pretty soon, don't we? We're getting awfully guard heavy? Still gotta' have some beef to compete in the Big Ten.

We've got Martin in this class, plus Joey King (sophomore) and Charles Buggs (freshman) on the roster already. We still may get Reid and most of our 2015 targets are bigs (Ellenson, Illikainen, and Elijah Thomas).

I agree. I'm guessing Martin can give us minutes at the 5 if push comes to shove. Our #1 target in the class of 2015, needs to be a freshman 5 who can start on day 1.

Thanks Madtown. I'm, slippin', forgot about Martin. Still need some more beef for 2014-15, I think.

I would be surprised if we didn't sign 5 this year. A lot can happen between now and April. Plenty of room for Vaughn.

Really? I really see no reason to sign five unless Travis commits to us next week and Vaughn is the fifth guy. Assuming we get only one of Travis or Vaughn, I'm not sure who the fifth guy would be. Maybe Pitino decides he really needs a center or something decides to force someone out to get Fred Iduwe, but I don't think that's likely. Unless Travis and Vaughn (or Tyus Jones I guess) are the fourth and fifth 2014 commits, I really don't think there's another player out there that we have a decent shot at that's worth forcing someone out for.

Plus, to all of you who are so eager to get rid of Oto, Oto was the second leading scorer on the maroon team in the public scrimmage behind Austin Hollins. Hopefully that sort of play continues and the "Man I hope Oto transfers!" sentiment becomes significantly less common.

I don't really know much about Carlos Morris, but I've been impressed with what I've seen of Dre Mathieu so far, so hopefully Pitino has a good eye for JUCO talent.

Also, what is the origin of this "Carlos the gopher" meme?

Really? I really see no reason to sign five unless Travis commits to us next week and Vaughn is the fifth guy. Assuming we get only one of Travis or Vaughn, I'm not sure who the fifth guy would be. Maybe Pitino decides he really needs a center or something decides to force someone out to get Fred Iduwe, but I don't think that's likely. Unless Travis and Vaughn (or Tyus Jones I guess) are the fourth and fifth 2014 commits, I really don't think there's another player out there that we have a decent shot at that's worth forcing someone out for.

Plus, to all of you who are so eager to get rid of Oto, Oto was the second leading scorer on the maroon team in the public scrimmage behind Austin Hollins. Hopefully that sort of play continues and the "Man I hope Oto transfers!" sentiment becomes significantly less common.

I don't really know much about Carlos Morris, but I've been impressed with what I've seen of Dre Mathieu so far, so hopefully Pitino has a good eye for JUCO talent.

Also, what is the origin of this "Carlos the gopher" meme?

Coach P. brought in 4 new players, plus Buggs and Wally, so basically 6 new players. Not So Huge Mo and Oto may well graduate etc. A lot can happen between now and April.

Ooooohhhhh NOooooo!!!! not one of these guys with a wad of money and a friend with a picture of weed on his shirt. He is going to be trouble and a disaster... I want players who are good guys :cry:

Nice addition. If Morris has grades and such all straightened out he could prove to be a impact guy next season. Pretty long dude that should be able to do what Pitino is looking for.

Not to worry: it's kind of like booking with the airlines. If they overbook, they have a way to fit the plane to capacity.

Here is a video of Carlos Morris:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/25wmRxYV5y4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can see his game jerseys already:

GOPHERS on the front;

SQUIRREL on the back.

Ooooohhhhh NOooooo!!!! not one of these guys with a wad of money and a friend with a picture of weed on his shirt. He is going to be trouble and a disaster... I want players who are good guys :cry:

I thought the pics were funny. Don't read too much into my post. It was really just in jest. I'm tolerant enough to know those pics say nothing about his character.

I'm with you, I could care less as long as he can play ball. Sorry for stirring the "pot".

Of the 9 players graduating over the next two seasons, 6 are guards. Add in the fact that Pitino runs a system that favors perimeter players over beef inside and that we got two players with two years eligibility remaining each, and it definitely makes sense. Next year, we'll go hard after guys like Illakainen and Ellenson in the post.

Bummer, well I guess it's either Travis or Vaughn now that we only have 1 scholarship open.. :(

Big need for 2014, great addition, the other thing I like is all three recruits can shoot the ball, the "where are the points going to come from" feeling might be gone for good, I know there still looms the "where are the rebounds going to come from", but that can be corrected by hard work.

It appears from the recruiting that is being done Jones and Vaughn weren't comming so Pitino went in other directions, it looks like it will be a wait and see on Travis until the 8th, but he seems to be putting feelers out for another big just in case.

I am getting more excited about Travis, if I am not mistaken he timed his unofficial visits to coincide with the official visits of Mason and Morris, I can't help but think he might have been evaluating other players he might be playing with, it seems like he is still very interested.

Was Parski banned? He was annoying, but he was no minnagg or pantherhawk, or even Moses, I guess since Parski was a gopher fan I didn't think he was ban worthy

Top Bottom