CARLOS MORRIS COMMITS TO THE U!!!

He looks like a good get, I like our chances of getting him.

160 pounds at 6'5 is pretty thin, gotta get him in the weight room

I like how he looks like he has a attack, scoring, and creating mentality with the ball in his hands.
That is something we have lacked in our players for a long time.

Couple of threads late, but Bad Gopher, you made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the entertainment!

Hope he commits any day!

I'm surprised he hasn't committed yet. Either he liked UAB a lot and is struggling with a decision, or maybe he's concerned the Gophers are looking at too many other players at his position? Or, maybe I'm over-analyzing.

I can't imagine that 160 pound weight is still current. If it is how much of a factor can he be at the U. It usually takes JUCO players a half year to get used to the style of play in a major conference let alone bulking up enough to be ready for the physical pounding. He seems like he could give us what Coach Pitino is looking for in a wing player but I am always concerned with JUCO players because they are so hit and miss. You get some great ones along the way but you also get some major busts. The Gophers can't afford to many busts over the next year because we will be losing some of our major weapons.

Haven't we already established that the 160 lbs. figure is from high school and that he is actually like 180 or 185 now?

Amelia Rayno ‏@AmeliaRayno 1m
Carlos "Squirrel" Morris has just committed to the University of Minnesota, per a source. #Gophers

It's going to be really interesting the next time we hear from Vaughn. I wonder if he'll do what Tyus didn't do and officially cross us off his list, especially since he has a lot more schools that he's considering. Oh well, I like that Pitino is taking whoever commits first. It will put pressure on in-state kids in the future.

We have 4 scholarships right? So if Travis commits, we don't have any left for Vaughn? Am I missing something? Numbers are hard.

Well the possibility of landing Vaughn just went down. We now have one scholarship left, am I right?

We have 4 scholarships right? So if Travis commits, we don't have any left for Vaughn? Am I missing something? Numbers are hard.

We have only 4, correct. But the feeling is that if Vaughn wants to come here in the spring, we will make room for him.

Richard Pitino is doing things. Josh Martin, Nate Mason, Carlos Morris - now on to the big fish, Reid Travis.

Well the possibility of landing Vaughn just went down. We now have one scholarship left, am I right?

Don't think Vaughn would really be too affected by us landing Morris, wouldn't bring down his playing time that much I feel like. Could be wrong though.

Jarvis Johnson, Alex Illikainen, and Henry Ellenson should take note. If you want to be a Gopher you best make your mind up sooner rather than later because Pitino won't hesitate to go out of state/area to fill his recruiting class.

I don't think this affects Vaughn. If he wants to come, we have plenty of people we could jettison. We've never had a coach who was above doing a little pruning before, and I think Oto could decide to graduate early if needs be.

It's going to be really interesting the next time we hear from Vaughn. I wonder if he'll do what Tyus didn't do and officially cross us off his list, especially since he has a lot more schools that he's considering. Oh well, I like that Pitino is taking whoever commits first. It will put pressure on in-state kids in the future.
I think Vaughn knows he's the type of player that will get a spot where ever he wants, no matter the scholly situation. He's gonna commit in the spring and the serious players will already have or be close to filling their scholly's in case they don't get Vaughn, but like us will have someone there willing to politely shoe out the door. My guess is that guy is Oto for us

That a way Squirrel! Welcome aboard. (Now to cap it off, we need Reid in a week or two on board)

Bu since this thread is about Carlos the gopher, not Vaughn, this is a great gift, he may not bring Austin Hollins offense, but I think he's built like Austin or Damian Johnson and could defend like them, correct me if I'm wrong but Carlos the gopher was a top 100 recruit coming out of high school?

Kyle Goblirsch ‏@Gobie247 27s
@Carlos_Morris11 on his decision to be a #Gopher - "I just felt like it was that spot for me"
Expand

I would be surprised if we didn't sign 5 this year. A lot can happen between now and April. Plenty of room for Vaughn.

Top Bottom