Can we call this a signature win?

tinyarch

Banned
Reaction score
NU has struggled and were missing some key offensive weapons. Do we see this as a signature win or just a nice win and step forward?

Very nice win, definitely not a signature win though.

Nice win and a step in the right direction but not even close to a signature win.

On the road, heavy underdogs, gloom and doom, no one thinking we could win, people assuming 0-8... sure, why not. Sign it.

I think a signature win is beating a good team when they're good. Not a beat up team like NW is. Great win, but not program changing.

NW was awful today.

We deserved to win by two scores.

I hate refs.

Nice win...not signature. Could have been close to a blow out with some of those questionable calls going against us. The better team definitely won. What happened to that Northwestern team that played Ohio State so tough?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Not even close, but it makes everything ok again.

Big win, much needed, but definitely not signature...now next week to back it up? Maybe.

A good win, but to me signature win is a program changer, I thought Brew got his at Illinois in 08, but that Illini team turned out to sputter out of control. Beating Wisconsin would be a signature win, maybe Nebraska would be one.

Not a signature, but a turning point win for the program.

With all the naysayers and doom and gloomers this has to be a signature win for them because ANY WIN should be a signature win....just ask them...they thought we'd never win again.

Everybody else.....NO

Possibly our biggest win of the Jerry Kill era, but nowhere near signature.

Agree nice win, big step forward, confidence boost, but not signature. Nebraska would be though.

Absolutely not. Any road win is a nice win, but winning at NW is not winning at OSU, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska or even Penn St.

NU has struggled and were missing some key offensive weapons. Do we see this as a signature win or just a nice win and step forward?

I'm going to answer before reading the rest of the thread. NU played really poorly today. But in the end, our boys went out there and won a game they were a 12.5 point dog in. Road games in the Big Ten are hard to win and we did it. I'm going to say no, it's not a signature win because this game doesn't declare "We're here!". It's a solid win, which I'm estactic over and puts a bowl game solidly back in the picture. Very proud of the team and the effort today.

Maybe not a "signature win" but a few weeks ago Northwestern was a few plays away from being a possible top 10 team. Maybe not a signature win, but the best win under Kill nonetheless.

Beating Nebraska next week would be closer to the signature win category.

NW was awful today.

We deserved to win by two scores.

I hate refs.

What I was happy to see is that we overcame the awful calls by the refs to win the game. That is not something we've normally been able to do.

Top Bottom