Cam Christie is entering the Transfer Portal

I kinda misinterpreted his words. So i thank you for clarifying... In my defence I drove 38 hours outa 48...... Was a long couple days
I'm just going by what was posted in here. Someone posted that Fox said that Christie wouldn't have transferred. I don't know if he really said that.

Which seems nonsensical, since he entered the transfer portal. But hey...we don't need to rehash this again. I'm was just clarifying that I didn't hear Fox directly.

Unless he could have improved his stock and then doubled or tripled his money.

To double it he would have needed to be a top 15ish pick and to triple it a top 7 pick. Not saying he couldn't have done that, but odds are slimmer, especially in a better draft class next year.

I'm just going by what was posted in here. Someone posted that Fox said that Christie wouldn't have transferred. I don't know if he really said that.

Which seems nonsensical, since he entered the transfer portal. But hey...we don't need to rehash this again. I'm was just clarifying that I didn't hear Fox directly.

That is what he said. Whether it's true or not....we don't know.

He COULD HAVE entered the portal just to have the transfer option possibility to help leverage alternative choices being offered.

He is starting the clock ticking. The second contract is where the money is.
Almost like getting feedback and advice from professionals and a family who has gone through this before is more valuable than some guidance one could get from GH.
To double it he would have needed to be a top 15ish pick and to triple it a top 7 pick. Not saying he couldn't have done that, but odds are slimmer, especially in a better draft class next year.
Alright, alright. Hopefully Asuma either goes pro or transfers next year too. And we cheer for Charlotte or wherever Christie went.

The only thing that's keeping my interest is the idea of an all seniors team. I only like the Gophers...not other slime teams...so if we're not good, I don't like 'college' basketball. I don't want to waste time on Asuma...and then be told to wish him well when he leaves before even being that good here.

Last edited:

He should have stayed and helped us attain a .500 conference record while playing in front of a raucous home crowd of 6k/game
It's better than an empty G-League game. Or the Black Lives Matter League. Yeah, Christie & Asuma can go make the money, that's fine. But I don't have to watch that crap. This is a Gopher board.

I want to try the all seniors every year route.

Alright, alright. Hopefully Asuma either goes pro or transfers next year too. And we cheer for Charlotte or wherever Christie went.

The only thing that's keeping my interest is the idea of an all seniors team. I only like the Gophers...not other slime teams...so if we're not good, I don't like 'college' basketball. I don't want to waste time on Asuma...and then be told to wish him well when he leaves before even being that good here.
Are you the former Rambling Wren?

Blast from the past!

Are you the former Rambling Wren?

Blast from the past!
No. But I used to kinda like him way back on another site. Even though we disagreed on most things. I remember agreeing with him on something that no one else agreed with...something like that. Anyway...

It's just that being a Gopher basketball fan is nothing but irritation. 2 NCAA wins in 27 years. Having to wish our players well when they cash-in elsewhere. And the list goes on & on & on.

Not to be redundant...but I seriously want to try this all-seniors thing. NO MORE developing young players.

He is starting the clock ticking. The second contract is where the money is.
His brother just signed a 4 year $32 million contract after barely playing his first two seasons.

Your point is precisely right. You get into the league and show something and start that clock.

Those are his career stats that warranted that contract.

1720622277804.png

Gopherhole never got the memo that pro sports pays on projected future performance not past performance

I don't want to waste time on Asuma...and then be told to wish him well when he leaves before even being that good here.
Hopefully, by next year we are ready for NIL at power conference level. I am of the opinion that it still pays to recruit a good compliment of HS kids and be prepared to pay them if they prove out well. Once they have their tent pitched here, I would think we have a better chance to compete for their services than if they are already somewhere else. Select through your own guys first and pay them- then go get transfers to fill the holes or upgrade as needed.

Gopherhole never got the memo that pro sports pays on projected future performance not past performance
I follow the NBA much closer than I follow college basketball, I'd love to see another example of a guy getting paid like Max Christie who has shown less. He was a very mediocre college player and has done almost nothing in the NBA. His contract is definitely an outlier.

I'm not saying it won't work out for the Lakers. I'm just saying that contract is wild.

It's better than an empty G-League game. Or the Black Lives Matter League. Yeah, Christie & Asuma can go make the money, that's fine. But I don't have to watch that crap. This is a Gopher board.

I want to try the all seniors every year route.
It's only better for you.

It's not better for him.

I follow the NBA much closer than I follow college basketball, I'd love to see another example of a guy getting paid like Max Christie who has shown less. He was a very mediocre college player and has done almost nothing in the NBA. His contract is definitely an outlier.

I'm not saying it won't work out for the Lakers. I'm just saying that contract is wild.
?

Reed Sheppard scored 0 points last year and will make more on rookie scale contract this year and beyond than Christie just got

Hopefully, by next year we are ready for NIL at power conference level. I am of the opinion that it still pays to recruit a good compliment of HS kids and be prepared to pay them if they prove out well. Once they have their tent pitched here, I would think we have a better chance to compete for their services than if they are already somewhere else. Select through your own guys first and pay them- then go get transfers to fill the holes or upgrade as needed.
More than the 2 this year?

?

Reed Sheppard scored 0 points last year and will make more on rookie scale contract this year and beyond than Christie just got
Reed Sheppard is a rookie. I realize rookies get drafted and paid before putting up any numbers. Clearly, I didn't think a rookie being drafted was an outlier.

How about a player similar to Max Christie. A player who gets drafted, does about as little as possible, and then signs for a contract like Max Christie. Max's contract is an outlier. I've never seen another contract like his for a player who has accomplished so little and isn't a rookie.

History says we will never pay more than about half of what the blue bloods and the Texas schools, etc., pay.

You don't win only 2 NCAA games in 27 years at a school like Minnesota without a concerted effort.

But I'm holding out hope that this Senior Strategy works. And that the big paying schools have problems with malcontents, selfishness, transfers, etc. It's a longshot, and we need luck too...but let's give it a try.

Reed Sheppard is a rookie. I realize rookies get drafted and paid before putting up any numbers. Clearly, I didn't think a rookie being drafted was an outlier.

How about a player similar to Max Christie. A player who gets drafted, does about as little as possible, and then signs for a contract like Max Christie. Max's contract is an outlier. I've never seen another contract like his for a player who has accomplished so little and isn't a rookie.
Kyle Anderson just got 9M a year and scored 6ppg

He a proven NBA rotation player Scoring really isn’t his value to a team.
He’s also 5 years older than Christie in a league again that values future performance. Christie can shoot and defend too

Top Bottom