Buffs - Coach Prime

Real Americans don’t respond to glitz and glamor and empty puffery.

Real, true Americans admire people who work hard, climb the ladder up through the ranks via blood, sweat and toil.

From the ESPN story. Man. Some people admire loud/brash/aggressive whether it’s verbiage or real or fake displays of wealth. Cultural thing that to some degree seems to cross racial and demographic lines and some people will never see eye to eye on this stuff. Some big time voices in media/people I respect eg have described him as “most charismatic” person in sports. Not the word I’d use…

Deion Sanders' tweet taking aim at the relatively anonymous FCS player was viewed more than 12 million times since it was posted. He also clapped back at another X user who took issue with Shedeur's social media behavior and pointed out Colorado's 4-8 record last year.

"He will be a top 5 pick," Deion Sanders said of his son. "Where yo son going ? Lololol I got time today. Lololol."

From the ESPN story. Man. Some people admire loud/brash/aggressive whether it’s verbiage or real or fake displays of wealth. Cultural thing that to some degree seems to cross racial and demographic lines and some people will never see eye to eye on this stuff. Some big time voices in media/people I respect eg have described him as “most charismatic” person in sports. Not the word I’d use…

Deion Sanders' tweet taking aim at the relatively anonymous FCS player was viewed more than 12 million times since it was posted. He also clapped back at another X user who took issue with Shedeur's social media behavior and pointed out Colorado's 4-8 record last year.

"He will be a top 5 pick," Deion Sanders said of his son. "Where yo son going ? Lololol I got time today. Lololol."
Looks like Deion did not major in English @ FSU. Ebonics limits one's options in life.

Thread the line the way he does, and you get high-risk high-rewards results.

I’d have some major reservations about taking Shedeur Sanders with a top 5 pick and getting involved with that crew.
i would want absolutely nothing to do with him for exactly this reason and won't be surprised if many NFL teams feel the same way. he seems better on the field, but he does some incredibly stupid shit off it (as well as on the sidelines such as the watch situation). If you have to drag Deion with him as well, hard pass. Feels like a repeat of Lavar Ball.

I heard that Spencer Rattler dropped to the 5th round in the draft at least in part because of how some team's perceived him as a bad teammate from the Netflix show QB1. Rattler was in high school and it was 5 years ago. it'll be interesting what the same execs feel about Shadeur as a teammate from this fiasco. SMH

What is everyone's prediction for the amount of wins the 2024 Colorado football team will achieve?

4-8 last year. Still no line this year on either side of the ball. Can sanders stay healthy all year?

The schedule is not super challenging.
NDSU
@Nebby
@CSU
Baylor
@UCF
KSU
@Arizona
Cinci
@TTU
Utah
@KU
Ok State

Probably beat ndsu as they should be able to throw as well as CSU. Think they lose to Nebraska this year. I don’t know enough about the other teams but I’d imagine he makes a bowl this year with how bad the schedule looks so I’d say somewhere between 6-9 wins. Though I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s 3-4 if sanders gets hurt

4-8 last year. Still no line this year on either side of the ball. Can sanders stay healthy all year?

NDSU
@Nebby
@CSU
Baylor
@UCF
KSU
@Arizona
Cinci
@TTU
Utah
@KU
Ok State

Probably beat ndsu as they should be able to throw as well as CSU. Think they lose to Nebraska this year. I don’t know enough about the other teams but I’d imagine he makes a bowl this year with how bad the schedule looks so I’d say somewhere between 6-9 wins. Though I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s 3-4 if sanders gets hurt
The Bison have 2 QBs that could play B1G & will be in NFL training camps in the next few years.

NDSU
@Nebby
@CSU
Baylor
@UCF
KSU
@Arizona
Cinci
@TTU
Utah
@KU
Ok State

I can't stand the Bison, but I'll be cheering for them on this one.....

NDSU
@Nebby
@CSU
Baylor
@UCF
KSU
@Arizona
Cinci
@TTU
Utah
@KU
Ok State

I think they’ll be lucky to make a bowl game. Will be tough for them to go 3-3 in the first six and same thing with the second half. There isn’t an easy win on the schedule.

More tomfoolery

A suit filed in Dallas District Court in 2016 alleged the security guard, John Darjean, had “sustained severe and permanent injuries including a broken neck, damage to his cervical spine, permanent neurological injuries and irreversible incontinence,” according to a 2024 filing in the bankruptcy proceed. These injuries were allegedly caused when Sanders elbowed and continued to hit Darjean during an altercation.

Sanders lost the judgement when it went to trial in 2022, and failed to appear. The court awarded Darjean an $11.89 million judgement against Sanders after finding he had committed assault and battery. Darjean has alleged this judgement has not been paid.

Sounds like a kid from a great family ...

More tomfoolery

Hiding money in LLCs, (allegedly) laundering in Boulder real estate. Legal nonsense. Can’t make it up. This family doesn’t need NIL money, they need some ethics and morals. Rot, corruption sure seem to follow this clown show family around….coincidence I’m sure.

Journalist Phil Mushnick said of Prime Prep Academy: “After 2½ years, the school closed amidst an avalanche of unpaid administrators, faculty contractors, dilapidated buildings, allegedly misspent public funding and broken promises to black parents and hundreds of their children, mostly with an eye on college athletic scholarships.”[6]

Prime Prep athletics had an initial setback in its first year when the program was unable to field an eligible football team based on the rules of the University Interscholastic League (UIL), which governs interscholastic activities of public schools (including charter schools) in Texas.[7] It had recruited significant portions of existing championship teams[8] and "league hopping" athletes.[9] After the issues were worked out, the school had problems finding opponents for their football team.[10] Ultimately Prime Prep would withdraw from the UIL and participate as an independent program.

The school was accused of racism and influence peddling.[11][12] In December 2013, Sanders pressured cofounder D.L. Wallace, a local minister, out of the leadership of the schools[13] over accusations of fraud[14][15]and assault.[16][17][18] Shortly afterwards Sanders was fired from his head coach position,[1][19] sparking an attempt by the school board to oust the superintendent who had fired Sanders.[20] The school then received further negative press for violations of the state's board meeting laws,[21] theft,[22] eviction,[23][24] and staff members failing to follow established policies.[15] The school was featured in local news coverage again in 2014 for failing to hold open meetings[25] and ranked as the lowest performing elementary school in North Texas as judged by Children at Risk.[26]

In July 2014, it was announced that the Texas Education Agency was going to revoke the school's charter for inconsistencies with the National School Lunch Program and fiscal mismanagement to which the school responded that they were going to appeal the decision. In October 2014, the school stopped forwarding paycheck withholdings to the IRS, which had been averaging $25,000 to $28,000 per month. The IRS would later file a tax lien of $56,625.[27][28]

In 2012, Prime Prep served as a backdrop for a reality TV series starring Sanders titled Deion's Family Playbook.[29][30]

Last edited:

Hiding money in LLCs, (allegedly) laundering it in Boulder real estate. Legal nonsense. Can’t make it up. This family doesn’t need NIL money, they need some ethics and morals. Rot, corruption sure seem to follow this clown show family around….coincidence I’m sure.

Journalist Phil Mushnick said of Prime Prep Academy: “After 2½ years, the school closed amidst an avalanche of unpaid administrators, faculty contractors, dilapidated buildings, allegedly misspent public funding and broken promises to black parents and hundreds of their children, mostly with an eye on college athletic scholarships.”[6]

Prime Prep athletics had an initial setback in its first year when the program was unable to field an eligible football team based on the rules of the University Interscholastic League (UIL), which governs interscholastic activities of public schools (including charter schools) in Texas.[7] It had recruited significant portions of existing championship teams[8] and "league hopping" athletes.[9] After the issues were worked out, the school had problems finding opponents for their football team.[10] Ultimately Prime Prep would withdraw from the UIL and participate as an independent program.

The school was accused of racism and influence peddling.[11][12] In December 2013, Sanders pressured cofounder D.L. Wallace, a local minister, out of the leadership of the schools[13] over accusations of fraud[14][15]and assault.[16][17][18] Shortly afterwards Sanders was fired from his head coach position,[1][19] sparking an attempt by the school board to oust the superintendent who had fired Sanders.[20] The school then received further negative press for violations of the state's board meeting laws,[21] theft,[22] eviction,[23][24] and staff members failing to follow established policies.[15] The school was featured in local news coverage again in 2014 for failing to hold open meetings[25] and ranked as the lowest performing elementary school in North Texas as judged by Children at Risk.[26]

In July 2014, it was announced that the Texas Education Agency was going to revoke the school's charter for inconsistencies with the National School Lunch Program and fiscal mismanagement to which the school responded that they were going to appeal the decision. In October 2014, the school stopped forwarding paycheck withholdings to the IRS, which had been averaging $25,000 to $28,000 per month. The IRS would later file a tax lien of $56,625.[27][28]

In 2012, Prime Prep served as a backdrop for a reality TV series starring Sanders titled Deion's Family Playbook.[29][30]

This country needs to bring back the pillory so us poors can launch rotten fruits and vegetables at these rich fucks who get away with all of this madness that would put the rest of us behind bars for 20 years. What a fucking system we have. It's absolutely levied against the have nots to keep them at the bottom, while the haves get away constantly with a slap on the wrist. I'm salty tonight. Fucking Timberwolves.

If 1/2 of these injuries are accurate, and Sanders wasn't charged criminally.......tells you all you need to know about the criminal justice system in this country....SMH

He was what, 15 at the time. Alleged victim was an employee of Deion’s school. Allegations of destroyed surveillance tapes. Who knows what charges were made, inducements, agreements; sealed records. Not much info out there.

Read a few stories that said he, Shilo, didn’t show for the civil trial. Said to peacock an extravagant lifestyle on his 1M follower Instagram channel. He ( or his father) has advisors that understand how to shield assets and liability via shell companies, and allegedly real estate not familiar to the average Joe. Will the court allow him to declare “bankruptcy”. Never say never.

Here’s what Colorado is set to pay Sanders over five years through 2027, according to his contract with the university:

∎ $29.5 million, including $5.5 million this year.

Here is the estimated return value on that investment just one month into his first season:

∎ $280 million.

Here’s what Colorado is set to pay Sanders over five years through 2027, according to his contract with the university:

Here is the estimated return value on that investment just one month into his first season:

∎ $280 million.

“Estimated advertisement equivalency” of $240M in less than one year based on media mentions seems like one of those squishy marketing concepts. How much estimated advertisement equivalency did Derek Chauvin earn in 2020. No doubt ticket sales and merch revenue is elevated and maybe donations are elevated but there are only so many student slots available and the tv contract is fixed. When Prime renegotiates his contract, falls flat and gets fired in a few years then a final accounting can be done after buyouts, etc.

Looks like they start the season versus our hometown favorites, the Bison of NDSU. NDSU has a new HC, coaching alum Tim Polasek who left Wyoming after Entz failed to keep the NDSU program in the top tier. As a bonafide Hater I’ll be rooting for the boys in green and yellow as they try to open up the run on whatever porous mess Prime puts on the field.

“Estimated advertisement equivalency” of $240M in less than one year based on media mentions seems like one of those squishy marketing concepts. How much estimated advertisement equivalency did Derek Chauvin earn in 2020. No doubt ticket sales and merch revenue is elevated and maybe donations are elevated but there are only so many student slots available and the tv contract is fixed. When Prime renegotiates his contract, falls flat and gets fired in a few years then a final accounting can be done after buyouts, etc.

Looks like they start the season versus our hometown favorites, the Bison of NDSU. NDSU has a new HC, coaching alum Tim Polasek who left Wyoming after Entz failed to keep the NDSU program in the top tier. As a bonafide Hater I’ll be rooting for the boys in green and yellow as they try to open up the run on whatever porous mess Prime puts on the field.

Here are two hard numbers with cash from the Coach Prime effect:

"Colorado sold out of all football tickets this year for the first time in history. It also sold out of season tickets for the first time since 1996. The season sellout is budgeted to bring in $31.98 million, according to the university... That’s a difference of about $20 million.

....In August, the university’s athletic department announced that a record $28 million had been given to its fundraising arm, the Buff Club, in fiscal year 2023, which ended June 30. A year earlier, it was $20 million."

I just posted some Sanders numbers to see the impact, I'm not arguing one way or the other. Being glitzy is polarizing, which is rich on the positive polar side.

∎ $280 million.
Interestingly enough, both of these numbers are complete made up.

Meanwhile the u of M twin cities has paid me 300k over the past 4 years and I have brought in 4.7 million.

I am a better investment dollar for dollar

Here are two hard numbers with cash from the Coach Prime effect:

"Colorado sold out of all football tickets this year for the first time in history. It also sold out of season tickets for the first time since 1996. The season sellout is budgeted to bring in $31.98 million, according to the university... That’s a difference of about $20 million.

....In August, the university’s athletic department announced that a record $28 million had been given to its fundraising arm, the Buff Club, in fiscal year 2023, which ended June 30. A year earlier, it was $20 million."

I just posted some Sanders numbers to see the impact, I'm not arguing one way or the other. Being glitzy is polarizing, which is rich on the positive polar side.

Agree, and most of that was before they even played a game. CU fanbase was a little bit of a sleeping giant.

CU fans have adopted an us against the world attitude as sentiment around Sanders and family has undergone a sea change over the last 6 months with the horrible product on the field, the litany of idiotic comments, and controversies build up. If he can’t deliver on the field, man, it’s going to be brutal. I’m not convinced his coaching model works at the P5 level but as always will be willing to eat crow if I’m wrong.

I'd still be shocked if he stayed around very long after his kids are gone after this year.

Colorado was 130th in total defense, 82nd in total offense last year. He’s churned his roster again this year (40 players left, 32 arriving) but remains to be seen if they’ll be any better. Only available direction is up at least on defense. A healthy Travis Hunter should help the offense/defense. Pretty crazy how many snaps he plays.

Top Bottom