Buffs - Coach Prime

Colorado was 130th in total defense, 82nd in total offense last year. He’s churned his roster again this year (40 players left, 32 arriving) but remains to be seen if they’ll be any better. Only available direction is up at least on defense. A healthy Travis Hunter should help the offense/defense. Pretty crazy how many snaps he plays.
I can’t see consistent roster churn ever resulting in consistent winning.

Colorado was 130th in total defense, 82nd in total offense last year. He’s churned his roster again this year (40 players left, 32 arriving) but remains to be seen if they’ll be any better. Only available direction is up at least on defense. A healthy Travis Hunter should help the offense/defense. Pretty crazy how many snaps he plays.
All will be decided based on if their lines are any better.

I was wrong in my earlier post, per 247 there were 42 transfers in for the 2024 cycle, not 32. In 2023 53 transfers in. According to the ratings guys their overall classes were 22 and 30 which should translate to wins but not sure how many of the original 53 are still there.

Quick review of 2023 cycle 4 and 5 star recruits:

Four of five high school players have now transferred
Two of five portal players have transferred

I want him to win for comedy reasons but I think he leaves when his son leaves.

I was a fan of coach prime and was really rooting for them last year, but what he and his son said to that transfer was lame and just overall low class

I say this as a one time proud owner of a #21 San Francisco 49ers Deion Sanders jersey...

Deion talks a great game 80% of the time. He says what coaches or role models should say. He is pretty good with the media. He talks about respect and the like. But, good lord, almost everything he's done in life is in direct contradiction to the words he says. He was always trying to show up other players, talked tons of crap on the field, was an a-hole to media as a player, doesn't seem to hold his own kids accountable, treats his own players poorly, etc.

I loved his talent when he played, but I think his ability to coach is way over stated and I find him off putting, especially when things aren't going well for him.

I say this as a one time proud owner of a #21 San Francisco 49ers Deion Sanders jersey...

Deion talks a great game 80% of the time. He says what coaches or role models should say. He is pretty good with the media. He talks about respect and the like. But, good lord, almost everything he's done in life is in direct contradiction to the words he says. He was always trying to show up other players, talked tons of crap on the field, was an a-hole to media as a player, doesn't seem to hold his own kids accountable, treats his own players poorly, etc.

I loved his talent when he played, but I think his ability to coach is way over stated and I find him off putting, especially when things aren't going well for him.
His ability to coach at best is an incomplete at this point. Any success he's had as a coach is because of his popularity from his playing days and having a very talented son QB. There's nothing wrong with that but his son is going to move on and the excitement of playing for Deion will wear off at some point if he isn't winning.

No because it would make the old school football people mad and that would be glorious.

No because it would make the old school football people mad and that would be glorious.

OK Boomer/Zoomer shots fired.

Here’s coach staying humble, keeping the media accountable for doubting his greatness after the big win over TCU. Maybe unknown to Coach Prime TCU had lost 8 starters to the NFL draft including their heart and soul QB. TCU would struggle to win 5 games in 2023.

Top Bottom