Brosmer

So he’s had a tough schedule so far. Let’s see what happens over the next 3-4 weeks. But according to ESPN here is where he ranks in the big 10 about 35-40% into the season:
12th in rating
10th in comp %
7th in yards
12th in YPA
12th in TDs
Tied for 4th most ints…

So yeah he’s basically a lower half QB so far in the conference. Hopefully that changes

So he’s had a tough schedule so far. Let’s see what happens over the next 3-4 weeks. But according to ESPN here is where he ranks in the big 10 about 35-40% into the season:
12th in rating
10th in comp %
7th in yards
12th in YPA
12th in TDs
Tied for 4th most ints…

So yeah he’s basically a lower half QB so far in the conference. Hopefully that changes
Wonder how those other QBs would have done against those same defenses and with our offensive line???

To me Brosmer passes the eye test. He's a very good college QB. He has really good pocket presence and accuracy. I don't see him missing a lot of opportunities, considering how much time he has had to throw (or lack thereof). The Michigan defense held Miller Moss of USC to 55% completions, yet Brosmer threw for 68% with presumably worse WRs and worse OL (and according to many here, a terrible OC).

Last edited:

Wonder how those other QBs would have done against those same defenses and with our offensive line???

To me Brosmer passes the eye test. He's a very good college QB. He has really good pocket presence and accuracy. I don't see him missing a lot of opportunities, considering how much time he has had to throw (or lack thereof). The Michigan defense held Miller Moss of USC to 55% completions, yet Brosmer threw for 68% with presumably worse WRs and worse OL.
Thats fair, but Brosmer has also played against 2 low level teams and a NC team that gave up tons of points and yards to other teams.

As I said, we should have a clearer picture in a few weeks. I am hoping he gets himself into the top 3rd of the conference.

Thats fair, but Brosmer has also played against 2 low level teams and a NC team that gave up tons of points and yards to other teams.

As I said, we should have a clearer picture in a few weeks. I am hoping he gets himself into the top 3rd of the conference.
I don't disagree with you that our offense needs to improve. I just don't think Brosmer is the reason. He's probably last on my list of things that need to improve.

To me Brosmer passes the eye test. He's a very good college QB. He has really good pocket presence and accuracy.
I agree

If Brosmer is the Michigan QB, they are championship contenders

Too bad we can't sell him to Michigan for future Nil money.

Top Bottom