Brosmer

My stats show Brosmer as 7th in BG10 starters in completion percentage (taking at least 50% of snaps). All the QBs in the top 6 have played total jokes of a schedule so far compared to Brosmer who has faced the likes of USC, Michigan, Iowa and a (then) healthy UNC. Brosmer is doing just fine and has showed some cojones.

I e
It's USC and the 11th ranked team. They have better talent at about 18 of 22 spots. Enjoy the win
I enjoyed it a lot! Loved how our DBs played. Loved the offense. It was a great game. There is some real talent on the Gophers D. Just a casual observation about LB play.

For illustration, Brosmer threw a perfectly timed 15ish yard in route to Spencer at the sideline late in the game. Right at the hole in the defensive zone and released it before Spencer even looked for it. I’m not used to seeing that in recent years at MN.

Night and day vs. his first game vs. UNC. He learned in the UNC game that he was not an athletic quarterback at this level. Getting run down by a 300 pounder will do that to you. Since then, he still runs, but rarely and opportunistically. He heads straight up field and gets down after getting what he can, usually just a few yards. The first time he kept the ball on an option was on his TD run. He's so smart. He can still get into the defense's head by running occasionally even as an average athlete at his position. Now, defenses have to account for him moving forward. He uses all the tools at his disposal - his feet, his RBs, his receivers - even the things that aren't that great. He even chucks it deep on occasion to receivers without deep speed. I'm sure he's no fun to prepare for.

For illustration, Brosmer threw a perfectly timed 15ish yard in route to Spencer at the sideline late in the game. Right at the hole in the defensive zone and released it before Spencer even looked for it. I’m not used to seeing that in recent years at MN.

Exactly. He has an understanding of the scheme and the plays and the purpose of the play design. He throws accurately and gets the ball out on time. He does not resemble a deer in the headlights.

It's refreshing to say the least.

He also has some nicely timed runs and scrambles. Just a great game for him.

Top Bottom