Brohm leaving?

Is this a rumor where nobody has been told or knows or … wat?

Maybe he really did need to finally swat that Fleck bug that’s been buzzing around his head for the last 4-5 years.

Though it’d be entertaining, not much chance of a NC game vs Louisville in the near future, if this scuttlebutt materializes.

Meh, don’t really care if he stays or not personally. To me he is basically their version of Jerry Kill. Low ceiling, pretty decent floor.

If Brohm feels like this year was very possibly a peak of what he can do with Purdue in the Big Ten, and especially with divisions going away ... maybe that will be that.

If Brohm feels like this year was very possibly a peak of what he can do with Purdue in the Big Ten, and especially with divisions going away ... maybe that will be that.
Wait until he sees that the players want the paycheck the B1G will be giving along with NIL and no good players will want to attend Louisville.

Wait until he sees that the players want the paycheck the B1G will be giving along with NIL and no good players will want to attend Louisville.
Louisville, along with Florida State, Miami, and Clemson, I feel like are the ACC schools with admin and boosters that want to do whatever it takes to win at football. For whatever that is worth.

Meh, don’t really care if he stays or not personally. To me he is basically their version of Jerry Kill. Low ceiling, pretty decent floor.
He was 3-0 against top 5 teams before losing to Michigan. He evolved and developed a solid B1G team with a solid defense. He has a high ceiling IMO.

Louisville, along with Florida State, Miami, and Clemson, I feel like are the ACC schools with admin and boosters that want to do whatever it takes to win at football. For whatever that is worth.
But when the new contract kicks in the B1G could pay for example:

125 players/$25k-50k each and that is only $3-6M a year. Drop in the bucket. Could even double that without batting an eye. Boosters won't keep up with that.

But when the new contract kicks in the B1G could pay for example:

125 players/$25k-50k each and that is only $3-6M a year. Drop in the bucket. Could even double that without batting an eye. Boosters won't keep up with that.
Sure they can. Just get some of that Papa John's money! :cool:

Brohm has done more than PJ has - he has won the conference and played in Indy. I'd take that.

Also, why drag Kill in the mud? You have no idea what he might have achieved here had his health allowed him to stick it out. His ceiling may have been higher than what has been achieved since he left. He took us out of the gutter pretty quick, getting us to playing on Jan 1 in Tampa. He only had 4+ years here and we were 8-54 his last two full years in the regular season, just where we are at this year. He was playing to win the West the last game of the year at Madison in year four. Pretty much right where we have continued to be. I support PJ as our coach, and it would have been fun to see what Kill might have done had he been able to be healthy.

Be good for the Gophers if he left. Purdue would most likely go into rebuilding mode.

Brohm has done more than PJ has - he has won the conference and played in Indy. I'd take that.

Also, why drag Kill in the mud? You have no idea what he might have achieved here had his health allowed him to stick it out. His ceiling may have been higher than what has been achieved since he left. He took us out of the gutter pretty quick, getting us to playing on Jan 1 in Tampa. He only had 4+ years here and we were 8-54 his last two full years in the regular season, just where we are at this year. He was playing to win the West the last game of the year at Madison in year four. Pretty much right where we have continued to be. I support PJ as our coach, and it would have been fun to see what Kill might have done had he been able to be healthy.
That's debatable.

I think he'd do really well at Louisville. He should be able to recruit better there. He's a great offensive mind and should be able to get even better athletes there.

Yeah why speak ill of such a good man who has been so complimentary of our university since his departure?

I would be very surprised to see a football coach leave the Big Ten for a second-tier nouveau-ACC school but who knows?

I would be very surprised to see a football coach leave the Big Ten for a second-tier nouveau-ACC school but who knows?
Money talks.
Is Purdue willing to give Brohm a Michigan state type deal with a record of 36-34?
If they are, he will stay

Because the path to the playoffs is easier at a top-level ACC program than it is/will be at places like Purdue. Especially once USC gets added to the Big Ten.

Louisville can be a factor in the ACC and in many years there could be two ACC teams going to the playoffs. Louisville's budget is among the best in the ACC and they've been close to the playoffs before.

Plus, its home for him. That is likely a big draw.

He wouldn’t be going from the big ten to ACC
He would be going from Purdue to Louisville

There is a rather large difference between the two.
It is my understanding that Louisville plays in the ACC.
Are you suggesting that Louisville is such a great place to be HC that it makes up for going to the ACC?

Are you suggesting that Louisville is such a great place to be HC that it makes up for going to the ACC?
He doesn’t work for the big ten.
He won’t work for the ACC

Are you suggesting that Rutgers is a better job than Clemson or Florida state?
Or will you acknowledge that the job is about the school more than the conference. The conference is part of what makes the school good, but only part

Brohm is from Louisville, played at Louisville, and has family in Louisville. The Brohms are basically royalty in that football community. There's a little more to be considered here than just conference affiliation.

I guess if there's ever a chance to move football ahead of basketball at Louisville, now's your chance.

Because the path to the playoffs is easier at a top-level ACC program than it is/will be at places like Purdue. Especially once USC gets added to the Big Ten.

Louisville can be a factor in the ACC and in many years there could be two ACC teams going to the playoffs. Louisville's budget is among the best in the ACC and they've been close to the playoffs before.

Plus, its home for him. That is likely a big draw.
Is it? Louisville isn't that great at football. The B1G will get 4 or more teams in the CFP once the PAC is gone. And it was home for him last time around and he said no.

Top Bottom