Brohm leaving?

Genuine question to everyone: Would you trade our 2019 season for Purdue's 2022 season? I ask this not to argue one way or another but this thread kind of made me think about it.
Not if you paid me.

Hard to match the euphoria of the Penn State game, and being undefeated at the time.

What are we arguing about again? Purdue has had as many aggravating, head scratching, discouraging losses as us, maybe more. As pointed out, they‘ve been better versus Iowa. We’ve been better versus Wisconsin. They’ve had a handful of huge wins under Brohm starting soon after being pitiful under Hazel. They won the west this year. I’d say Purdue fans are probably bummed he’s leaving. I’d guess if he were our coach under the same scenario we’d be upset. It doesn’t take anything away from Fleck and his successes. Brohm has been good too.
I don't think anyone is denying Brohm has been a good coach, some of us just think PJ has been better. I don't think saying either is better is controversial though.

You can call it lucky. you can call it anything you want to.

But, in the history books, it will always say that Purdue was the 2022 B1G West Division Champion.

however it happened, Purdue won the Division.

If MN had won the division, almost no one on this board would be downplaying it or calling it lucky.
But if another school does it, then we say it really wasn't much of an accomplishment.

Brohm is a decent coach. Fleck is a decent coach. put either one in the right situation and they will be successful.

it's not a zero-sum game. Praising Fleck does not mean you also have to disparage other coaches.

But, in the history books, it will always say that Purdue was the 2022 B1G West Division Champion.

If MN had won the division, almost no one on this board would be downplaying it or calling it lucky.
But if another school does it, then we say it really wasn't much of an accomplishment.

Brohm is a decent coach. Fleck is a decent coach. put either one in the right situation and they will be successful.

it's not a zero-sum game. Praising Fleck does not mean you also have to disparage other coaches.
I'm not saying they were lucky or that winning the west didn't mean anything. I and just about everyone else have also said that Brohm is a very good coach. Are a lot of people saying these things?

Just like no one is saying the Vikings are getting lucky this year?

Disagree here.
If Mn had won the division at 8-4 not a single person on here would think this season was better than 2019

It would be a large accomplishment and something to be happy with, but a west title doesn’t automatically make it a better season than every season without a west title.

Last edited:

Disagree here.
If Mn had won the division at 8-4 not a single person on here would think this season was better than 2019

It would be a large accomplishment and something to be happy with, but a west title doesn’t automatically make it a better season than every season without a west title.
People were saying "The Gophers should win the West because it is a down year" before the season started I'm not sure what SON is talking about.

The West Title counts, but let's not pretend it means more than it does. It's like when the Twins win the Central half the time the rest of the division is average to mediocre. (Not always) It still counts but...

Another interesting name I’ve dug up to coach Purdue is Sean Payton.
Over/under the number of seconds it takes Some Guy to come in here and throw shade in 3… 2… 1…

Another interesting name I’ve dug up to coach Purdue is Sean Payton.
Over/under the number of seconds it takes Some Guy to come in here and throw shade in 3… 2… 1…
Lol
I mean if they can get a hall of fame coach they should

Top Bottom