Brew hot on two more JR's!

I have also had nothing but praise for President Bruininks, after all he was the one that had the courage to step in and tell Maturi to fire Mason and Monson.

By your logic, why doesn't Bruininks get blamed for not having the courage to "step in" and stop Maturi from giving Mason/Monson an extension? You gave Maturi all the blame for that one.

dpodoll68, you are wrong. If we go 6-2 they can take any 5-3 Big Ten team they want, and because of our very poor fan base, they will. Then, any other Big Ten team could and would be taken ahead of us.

However, I will certainly concede that we could get to a January game, it is just not likely no matter what the players do short of flat out winning the Big Ten. Sorry, I don't get to make the rules. The bowls are run by the local Chamber of Commerce's and they want visitors who spend money.

dpodoll68, you are wrong. If we go 6-2 they can take any 5-3 Big Ten team they want, and because of our very poor fan base, they will. Then, any other Big Ten team could and would be taken ahead of us.

However, I will certainly concede that we could get to a January game, it is just not likely no matter what the players do short of flat out winning the Big Ten. Sorry, I don't get to make the rules. The bowls are run by the local Chamber of Commerce's and they want visitors who spend money.

Okay, you are right for 6-2, but not 7-1.

By your logic, why doesn't Bruininks get blamed for not having the courage to "step in" and stop Maturi from giving Mason/Monson an extension? You gave Maturi all the blame for that one.

Unfortunately I believe Bruininks put his trust in Maturi that he would make the right call and trusted his judgement, Bruininks will not make that mistake again and would be curious to know if he was the force that put the screeching halt to the Brewster extension we heard about mid season this year.

Unfortunately I believe Bruininks put his trust in Maturi that he would make the right call and trusted his judgement, Bruininks will not make that mistake again and would be curious to know if he was the force that put the screeching halt to the Brewster extension we heard about mid season this year.

GG, so you "believe" Bruininks got fooled TWICE by Maturi with both Mason and Monson? (but he won't make the same mistake again)

And you still have "nothing but praise" for Bruininks and all the blame goes to Maturi?

GG, so you "believe" Bruininks got fooled TWICE by Maturi with both Mason and Monson? (but he won't make the same mistake again)

And you still have "nothing but praise" for Bruininks and all the blame goes to Maturi?

Last I checked Maturi was the A.D. not Bruininks and the coaches are his primary responsibility not Bruininks. It was Bruininks who realized the mistake however and forced Maturi to get rid of them, how long would Maturi have kept them on board before he came to his own conclusion that it was time for a change? Bruininks also has other responsibilities as president of an academic institution so he is not evaluated solely on the success or failure of a athletic department.

Last I checked Maturi was the A.D. not Bruininks and the coaches are his primary responsibility not Bruininks. It was Bruininks who realized the mistake however and forced Maturi to get rid of them, how long would Maturi have kept them on board before he came to his own conclusion that it was time for a change? Bruininks also has other responsibilities as president of an academic institution so he is not evaluated solely on our athletic department.

GopherGod, you are a master at dodging the question.

In fact, you argue like my wife.

GopherGod, you are a master at dodging the question.

In fact, you argue like my wife.

No dodging at all, I answered in my first post that Bruininks made a mistake by trusting Maturi to evaluate Mason and Monson correctly. I also would hope that you would evaluate the president of your university(you did go to the U right?) by more than just athletics.

No dodging at all, I answered in my first post that Bruininks made a mistake by trusting Maturi to evaluate Mason and Monson correctly. I also would hope that you would evaluate the president of your university(you did go to the U right?) by more than just athletics.

Yes, dear...

Actually it is based off overall record rather than Big Ten record.

You really are a fan of me FiveStarFan, I am waiting for you to change your moniker to GopherGodFan, you know you wan't to?

Ya thats it. Its a good thing all the Gopher god's aren't like you. You're the type of fan that makes us Minnesota fans look bad.

GO GOPHERS!

2 years!!!! You've made your decision within 2 years?!?!??!?? How is that even possible? I would really like to have your powers of insight, honestly.

Show me once where I ever said or even remotely implied "huge success." I am and always will be a huge fan of this team, but I will be first in line to say that this program hasn't accomplished squat in over 40 years. Oh, and I forgot, you can judge someone on the basis of 5 games. It's a good thing USC ran Carroll out on a rail after he started 1-4 there. Or that Penn St. fired Paterno after he lost 6 straight in 2003. Speaking of which, when are you going to call out Penn St. for hiring a guy who hadn't been promoted in 16 years?

First off I have tremendous respect for Joe Pa. Joe Pa was an assistant there for 16 years but was already in the program so he wasn't an outsider he paid his dues there and was the hand picked successor to the retiring head coach at the time who was also Joe Pa's coach in college so a little different circumstance imo. In addition it was almost 60 years ago, so to compare the coaching profession then to today may be difficult. Joe Pa and Tom Osborne did give a great speech at the AFCA national convention this year where they both credited as one of the main reasons for success being the stability and longevity they had with their assistant coaching staffs, please take note coach brewster. I don't quite know where the 5 games reference came from, unless in two season we are only averaging 2.5 games per season.

Top Bottom