Kentucky
Arkansas
Florida
Duke
NC State
Louisville
Pitt

I'll place my bet on Gophers v Kentucky in the Music City Bowl

But it could also be the Duke's Bowl vs Duke.

There was one bowl projection this morning showing the Gophers in the Duke's Mayo Bowl against Florida State. A win against Florida State in that bowl would give us a much better chance to be ranked than a win against 7-5 Kentucky in the Music City Bowl. I also saw one projection of the Gophers playing Ole' Miss. A win against them also would give us a pretty fair chance to be ranked.

Big Ten loses the ReliaQuest Bowl bid if they put a team in the Orange Bowl.

Are we sure Illinois and Purdue are definitely going ahead of Minnesota for bowl placement? Does Purdue face any sort of penalty in the eyes of the bowl committees for having spent a chunk of their disposable income attending the Big Ten championship game, and might not attend a bowl game in such great numbers, especially if they get destroyed by Michigan? Is there a perception that Illinois and Purdue are small fan bases that don't travel, and they get jumped in bowl placement like the way we're used to seeing with Minnesota? If Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State all make the NY6, could Minnesota still get the Citrus or ReliaQuest?

I did not see Penn State projected to the Orange Bowl. I saw them projected to the Cotton Bowl against Tulane.

I did not see Penn State projected to the Orange Bowl. I saw them projected to the Cotton Bowl against Tulane.
Which would be best for gophers ( if goal is for me to avoid the Bronx)

LSU and Clemson losing, increases chance OSU may back into playoff. Good chance OSU makes it if USC or TCU were to lose their conference championship game. Penn St should be up to 10th and in NY6 with Oregon and Clemson losing.

USC ain’t losing IMO - they’re peaking and could realistically win the whole thing. TCU has that destiny team thingie working for them

So orange bowl won’t be penn state.
With Clemson being bounced from the playoff the winner of the ACC will orange bowl.
The second team will be TN/AL (whichever isn’t in the sugar bowl)
The only way penn state goes to the orange bowl is if SEC has two playoff teams
But if the SEC has two playoff teams I still think it’s doubtful because that probably mean the big ten has two also and puts Penn State in Rose Bowl. Because Bama/TN isn’t jumping Ohio state

My official projection:
Michigan - playoff
Ohio state - playoff or rose
Penn state - rose or cotton

Purdue - citrus
Illinois - Reliaquest
Iowa - 1) music city or 2) dukes
Minnesota - 1) dukes or 2) music city
Maryland - guaranteed rate (they may put Wisconsin here and Maryland in pinstripe but Maryland played pinstripe last year)
Wisconsin - pinstripe

My official projection:
Michigan - playoff

Purdue - citrus
Illinois - Reliaquest
Maryland - guaranteed rate (they may put Wisconsin here and Maryland in pinstripe but Maryland played pinstripe last year)
Wisconsin - pinstripe
Yup, I agree with all of this. Here's a couple more projections today:

ESPN (Schlabach): Music City vs. Ole Miss
ESPN (Bonagura): Music City vs. Kentucky

They both have Iowa in the Pinstripe, Wisconsin in the Guaranteed Rate vs. Oklahoma, and Maryland in the Mayo Bowl by the way. Presumably because Maryland is closest to Charlotte?

CBS: Mayo Bowl vs. FSU

Another little fun tidbit in the CBS projections is the fact Jerry Kill and 5-6 NMSU are looking for a game against an FCS team this week to make up for the one they missed against SJSU. They've applied for a waiver to count two FCS wins for bowl eligibility and will also need the FCS team to get a waiver for an extra game as well since those playoffs have already started.

Yup, I agree with all of this. Here's a couple more projections today:

ESPN (Schlabach): Music City vs. Ole Miss
ESPN (Bonagura): Music City vs. Kentucky

They both have Iowa in the Pinstripe, Wisconsin in the Guaranteed Rate vs. Oklahoma, and Maryland in the Mayo Bowl by the way. Presumably because Maryland is closest to Charlotte?

CBS: Mayo Bowl vs. FSU

Another little fun tidbit in the CBS projections is the fact Jerry Kill and 5-6 NMSU are looking for a game against an FCS team this week to make up for the one they missed against SJSU. They've applied for a waiver to count two FCS wins for bowl eligibility and will also need the FCS team to get a waiver for an extra game as well since those playoffs have already started.
They should get st Thomas a waiver and host the game at us bank on aggie vision

Playing and beating Ole Miss with the Lane Train in Nashville would be awesome, and go a long way to restoring my faith in Fleck.
He and the staff usually do well when they have a month and 15 practices to prepare.

Which is the better destination for fans? Nashville or Charlotte? I've been to Nashville and liked it. Never been to Charlotte or anywhere else in North Carolina.

Aggie Vision - happened 9 years ago and still getting the LOLs. Wonder if any of their announcers realize the legacy provided
When AggieVision is the only way to see a game it sticks with you...like chewed bubble gum on hot pavement to the bottom of your shoe. It ain't going away...

1669591156982.png

Which is the better destination for fans? Nashville or Charlotte? I've been to Nashville and liked it. Never been to Charlotte or anywhere else in North Carolina.
Charlotte is nice but fairly boring, unless you plan to make a day trip to Asheville or are into NASCAR. Nashville has a lot more non-football entertainment.

My official projection:
Michigan - playoff

Purdue - citrus
Illinois - Reliaquest
Wisconsin - pinstripe
Should be pretty much spot on.

Dukes is ahead of Music City by one spot, so I expect them to take Iowa.

(Granted, I'm rooting for MC for the Gophers!)

I'm just trying to think if both TCU and USC somehow lose, if that messes something up? But probably not, that probably puts Ohio St and Alabama (unbelievable) into the CFP. Penn St to the Rose then, we wouldn't have a 4th team in the NY6 anyway.

Charlotte is nice but fairly boring, unless you plan to make a day trip to Asheville or are into NASCAR. Nashville has a lot more non-football entertainment.
Agree. Charlotte is clean, and nice, but pretty generic and kind of vanilla, whereas Nashville is just loaded with character and charm. And the soul food available in Nashville, wow! THE best!

Based on Yahoo Sports, CBS Sports and Atlon it will either be:

1. Dukes Mayo in Charlotte vs. either NC State (or maybe FL State)
2. Music City Bowl vs. Ole Miss (or maybe MS State or Kentucky)

Mayo Bowl vs NC State is most likely.

We will somehow get dropped to the Pinstripe.
The path to the Pinstripe is if the Mayo Bowl really wants Maryland, and the Big Ten is indifferent. I could see having a former ACC school being very attractive to them. I think that would be dumb on their part. Minnesota will bring more fans to the Charlotte area.

Based on Yahoo Sports, CBS Sports and Atlon it will either be:

1. Dukes Mayo in Charlotte vs. either NC State (or maybe FL State)
2. Music City Bowl vs. Ole Miss (or maybe MS State or Kentucky)

Mayo Bowl vs NC State is most likely.
I can't see how the Mayo would pick us over Iowa. But maybe they would.

It's entirely who they (Mayo) choose, at that point in the selection process.

What makes you think that Iowa is a more attractive team than the Gophers? Curious.
Purely the amount of hardcore fanbase, ie the ones more likely to travel for the game.

They have and fill a 75k (I think, around there) stadium, we struggle to fill a 50k stadium. Just is what it is. Bowls are about selling tickets, hotel rooms, and filling up restaurants and bars. TV ratings too

As long as they play a major college in a bowl and win it I’ll be happy. Dukes or MC would both be good IMO…
Same here. I've seen a few predictions about Maryland to the Mayo which could bump Minnesota down to the Pinstripe. That would be a little letdown at this point, but at least it's against an ACC team. An inferior one vs who will be in the Mayo, but there was a real chance 7-14 days ago that Minnesota would be in Detroit. So I'll take any of these. I'm rooting for Music City myself.

Top Bottom