Bo Ryan getting blasted for post-game complaining about refs

By the BTN guys all just confirmed the officiating was not optimal. And Jim Jackson gave Duke the credit for figuring out how to deal with it.

At least someone did. Bo sure didn't give Duke any credit.

Stan. Can you let your friends in the press know to call me next year so I can make official comments about the refs after each game next year. Apparently they didn't get the memo this year.

By the BTN guys all just confirmed the officiating was not optimal. And Jim Jackson gave Duke the credit for figuring out how to deal with it.

Maybe you can make a list of all of the bad calls that went against you this year. You'll only need one hand to count them.

You're crying to a much maligned fanbase, to whom very few things ever go well in any sport. Cry us a river, you DB.

Hahaha you guys should follow Gopherhole on Twitter. I'm having an "argument" with a person who supposidly is a gopher fan but is complaing that everyone is complaing about Wisconsin. You guys should really check it out, it's pretty funny!

Crying? Hardly. We just had the greatest season by a B10 team in years and I loved every minute of it. Even tonight. Great coach, great team and a fun team to watch. And we lost a GAME to the greatest coach of our lifetimes. No shame. Only pride.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>"We don't do a rent-a-player... and that's okay." - Bo Ryan</blockquote>

They also don't win national championships.

Bo coached a horrible game!!! He lost his focus completely. He allowed his players and himself to whine about the refs with a nine point lead. The refs were the focus, not the game for Bo. How often did wisconsin attack the basket in the last 10 possessions to get to the foul line? What happened to swinging the ball and posting people up with the lead and getting to the line. They did not attack. They couldn't shoot...get to the line. Decker driving, Hayes posting and doing his reverse pivot drive, Frank doing his footwork thing inside. Didn't happen. No plan whatsoever the last minute of the game....they were shooting from 40 feet. Reallly bad coaching, not adjusting to the game is how Wisconsin lost.
Tyus stepped up and they just let him keep making plays....never disrupted what he was killing with over and over. Make somebody else beat you.

I wonder why those bashing Bo for his comments about the refs at the end of the game aren't bashing Coach K for his comments about the refs at halftime?

Bo coached a horrible game!!! He lost his focus completely. He allowed his players and himself to whine about the refs with a nine point lead. The refs were the focus, not the game for Bo. How often did wisconsin attack the basket in the last 10 possessions to get to the foul line? What happened to swinging the ball and posting people up with the lead and getting to the line. They did not attack. They couldn't shoot...get to the line. Decker driving, Hayes posting and doing his reverse pivot drive, Frank doing his footwork thing inside. Didn't happen. No plan whatsoever the last minute of the game....they were shooting from 40 feet. Reallly bad coaching, not adjusting to the game is how Wisconsin lost.
Tyus stepped up and they just let him keep making plays....never disrupted what he was killing with over and over. Make somebody else beat you.

Yes. I remember Bo yelling out to the players to shoot from 40 feet away.

Now that the nation sees how classless this fraud is, I hope wisconsin has to deal with fairly officiated games going forward. Those badger players embarrassed themselves tonight with the license of their classless head coach. It cost them a natty and should bring forth the truth about the program. I'm from wisconsin and am embarrassed for the behavior across the board right when the were on the verge of a national title.

Then bo did an interview. LOL

I wonder why those bashing Bo for his comments about the refs at the end of the game aren't bashing Coach K for his comments about the refs at halftime?

Because Coach K adjusted the way his team played the game and made coaching moves to win it. Bo started whining and not coaching with a 9 point lead. Bo offered no help to his team. Coach K adjusted and made moves to win the game. Major difference blaming the refs for losing when you made no adjustments to how it was being officiated.

Coach K said, "We are missing shots, and they aren't fouling us. We have to keep going in there and maybe it will change." It did.

The fouls even out - at least that's what a buddy of mine who is a big Badger fan always says. Will be interesting if his story changes now.

Bottom line - WI had a great year. They got beat by Duke twice, once at home. Duke is the better team. That doesn't ruin a great year, just like I'll always remember the Final Four run of '97, and will always believe, with no way to prove, we would have won it if Eric Harris hadn't gotten hurt.

All that being said, the only reason I can't support WI like I do other Big Ten teams in tourney is Bo. I just don't think he has any class, and can't stand the way he conducts himself.

Yes. I remember Bo yelling out to the players to shoot from 40 feet away.

Did he use his timeouts? Did you see any indication of a plan or idea of what they were doing out there? Exactly my point...they got no help in a crisis from their coach. He poured gas their total self inflicted collapse. No coaching by Bo at all the last 10 possessions.

The man who gets the most blatant home court referees in college basketball whining like a b1tch about officiating. Classic. Suck it, Bo.

Well we know that Bo never actually loses any games- he only has wins taken away from him.

And I agree with his lack of coaching down the stretch. Apparently haranguing the refs in a self-righteous and apoplectic fervor took precedence over noticing just how fricken gassed Kaminsky was by that point, I mean the guy was running on fumes and clearly losing effectiveness as a result of that, but Bo didn't even bother to make an attempt to do something about that, in fact he didn't do squat. He had more important things to do!

The team is a reflection of its coach, and you can see that so clearly with Wisconsin. Every time one of them is hit with a foul, they are just utterly aghast and they immediately turn and look to Bo on the bench for verification of the fact that was an absolute injustice, because let's face it, man, they simply do not foul, and so whenever a foul is called against them, it's just a travesty of nature.

Ughh, I find the whole outfit to be contemptible, and Bo is just about King Arsehole as far as I'm concerned. What a fricken wank, and I am glad he lost it after the game just as his team lost it during the game, just so the nation can see what a sour and bitter little man he actually is. He's pathetic, and I enjoy the thought of him just steeping away in bitterness over this for the remainder of his lifetime. He'll never get over it, and it will always be 'their' fault.

Because Coach K didn't. Go away, please!

I wonder if Buckyville will record this game as a win like they did with the ASU football game a couple of years ago.

Hey Bo, talk to the football team about rent-a-player.

Well we know that Bo never actually loses any games- he only has wins taken away from him.

And I agree with his lack of coaching down the stretch. Apparently haranguing the refs in a self-righteous and apoplectic fervor took precedence over noticing just how fricken gassed Kaminsky was by that point, I mean the guy was running on fumes and clearly losing effectiveness as a result of that, but Bo didn't even bother to make an attempt to do something about that, in fact he didn't do squat. He had more important things to do!

The team is a reflection of its coach, and you can see that so clearly with Wisconsin. Every time one of them is hit with a foul, they are just utterly aghast and they immediately turn and look to Bo on the bench for verification of the fact that was an absolute injustice, because let's face it, man, they simply do not foul, and so whenever a foul is called against them, it's just a travesty of nature.

Ughh, I find the whole outfit to be contemptible, and Bo is just about King Arsehole as far as I'm concerned. What a fricken wank, and I am glad he lost it after the game just as his team lost it during the game, just so the nation can see what a sour and bitter little man he actually is. He's pathetic, and I enjoy the thought of him just steeping away in bitterness over this for the remainder of his lifetime. He'll never get over it, and it will always be 'their' fault.
I actually like his team, Kaminsky has a ton of heart and is fun to watch. Bo has to be blamed down the stretch, you've got to be able to call timeouts, formulate plays, and calm your team down. Dekker was also far too quiet for long stretches in both the UK and Duke games. Bo failed to control what he could and instead blamed the refs.

Ahh. Let the petty flow.

Top Bottom