Bo Ryan getting blasted for post-game complaining about refs

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Badger defense is predicated on clutching and grabbing. Bo Ryan is such a hypocritical piece of crap.

Now the players joining the blame party!

No, Bronson, the Badger momentum dissipated when Nigel Hayes missed the layup, and this time you didn't get a bunch of calls your way to get that momentum back. And a stud freshman raised in the state to your west busted your team in the clutch.

Haters are gonna hate.

Huh? What part of Bo's comments do you agree with? That he doesn't do rent-a-players? He recruited Stone and Looney very hard and whiffed on both.

Did Bo complain about the officiating after the pathetic shot clock violation call against UK? Or is he a hypocrite?

Look at the number of times Duke got to the free throw line in the second half vs the Badgers

Look at the number of times Duke got to the free throw line in the second half vs the Badgers

Look at how many times the Badgers got to the free throw line this DECADE vs opponents. He's a poor loser who constantly works the refs and teaches his players to flop and complain. It's disgusting.

By the way. I am not making an excuse for the losd. Duke playes better and deserved to win, but I can understand the frustration with the refs

By the way. I am not making an excuse for the losd. Duke playes better and deserved to win, but I can understand the frustration with the refs

You do realize this is the EXACT same thing Big Ten teams complain about UW for the past decade, right? But now you complain about it?

Despite what it looks like, (I didn't listen to the post-game interview so I'm just going by what's here) Bo has a point about a momentum shift in the 2nd half due to some shady calls. Tyus flop was a Duke classic followed by the Duke kid plowing Nigel Hayes into the 2nd row and no charge being called. There was one more in that series of events that slips my mind, but it significantly changed the momentum of the game.

What I took away from tonight is that the game of basketball looks far too much like a bunch of fullbacks charging up the middle while expecting the refs to call a foul on the defense. It's really not a fun game to watch when it becomes that way. You knew Duke was going to turn it into that style when Coach K complained that the Badgers only had two fouls at the half. He has a bunch of great athletes that he can just turn loose and tell them to bull their way to the rim. It wins games. Can't complain, other than to say that it's just not fun to watch.

In any case, I'm not a fan of the Grinch by any means, but there is a point to be made regarding the refs in the 2nd half.

Duke's stud interior player, the guy who was supposed to be matched up with Wisconsin's MVP, was in foul trouble the last 25+ minutes, including his 3rd foul that was all ball. Hell they didn't even call a foul on the Tyus Jones layup that would have sealed the game (it was the right call, IMO, but a foul is called there irregardless the vast majority of the time). The refs just had it in for you. Boo hoo.

Despite what it looks like, (I didn't listen to the post-game interview so I'm just going by what's here) Bo doesn't really have a point about a momentum shift in the 2nd half due to some shady calls. Tyus flop was a Wisconsin classic.

In any case, I'm not a fan of the Grinch by any means, but there isn't really a point to be made regarding the refs in the 2nd half.

FIFY

I think that is the part Bo is leaving out, and that is why some people are calling him out. The rent a player comment is ridiculous and totally uncalled for no matter what happened.

I bet badger football fans are okay with rent a players (cough cough Russell Wilson).

Posting so I remember to come back and read this whole thread tomorrow morning.

Still waiting for badgerdoc to show where he/she and Bo complained about shot clock call vs UK.

Nothing to add other than Bo Ryan is an @sshole and so is Coach K.

I didn't complain. They missed the call, a definite shot clock violation. And the refs in that game missed multiple calls both ways. Well chronicled in the press.

I didn't complain. They missed the call, a definite shot clock violation. And the refs in that game missed multiple calls both ways. Well chronicled in the press.

Of course you and the coaches didn't complain and of course you and the coaches are complaining now. 'Nuff said.

By the BTN guys all just confirmed the officiating was not optimal. And Jim Jackson gave Duke the credit for figuring out how to deal with it.

Top Bottom