Big Visits This Weekend!

As a rather new daily reader to GH I'm thinking your comment is tinged with sarcasm. Fair enough. In a post shortly after his hiring I opined that PJ would have the 5th rated class in the Big Ten in 2018. Nothing has happened to change that opinion. By the way, I've attended Gopher football games for 50 years and have seen all the good and bad in recruiting. I'm going to suggest to you that the best is yet to come under Coach Fleck.

I have been incorrectly labeled as anti-PJF. I am anti his rhetoric and find the lower expectations that the PJF-BoBos are trying to instill annoying. I also share your optimism for the future of Gopher Football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it. Smasssh at MOA is the perfect place to take recruits. I wonder what Claeys would have done had it been him organizing the weekend -- all you can eat buffet somewhere?
Concert at Orchestra Hall and dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House.

I have been incorrectly labeled as anti-PJF. I am anti his rhetoric and find the lower expectations that the PJF-BoBos are trying to instill annoying. I also share your optimism for the future of Gopher Football.

Meaning you are anti positive, anti enthusiastic, anti excitement, anti hope, anti goodwill, anti dream. Must really suck to be you.

Meaning you are anti positive, anti enthusiastic, anti excitement, anti hope, anti goodwill, anti dream. Must really suck to be you.

Wouldn't having higher expectations and optimism make me pro positive, enthusiasm, excitement, hope, goodwill, and a dreamer? Not sure how not approving of the low expectations being set by some would possibly make me anti any of those things. Unless, you were just trying to be clever at the expense of making no sense at all? No, that isn't possible. That doesn't fit your MO on here at all.

Wouldn't having higher expectations and optimism make me pro positive, enthusiasm, excitement, hope, goodwill, and a dreamer? Not sure how not approving of the low expectations being set by some would possibly make me anti any of those things. Unless, you were just trying to be clever at the expense of making no sense at all? No, that isn't possible. That doesn't fit your MO on here at all.

You don't like Fleck because of his positive energy and optimism which you call rhetoric.

You don't like Fleck because of his positive energy and optimism which you call rhetoric.

Besides avoiding my question because you looked so silly with your post, you are slower than most. I like PJF and have said so many times. I like his energy and optimism. I have high expectations. I don't like his rhetoric, which by the way is not the same as optimism or energy. Here, I'll help you...

rhet·o·ric
noun
language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content.
See: "Row the Boat", "Ski-U-Mah", Elite", "Culture Change", "Get your Chili Hot", and so on

Fleck's infectious enthusiasm and his ability to relate to the younger generation sells.

I am optimistic that talent infusion in the next four years will give us a much better chance to get to the promise land.
That can be a one, two, or three extra wins that we couldn't muster before. Close loses especially are heart breaking.

The only thin is in four years, are we going to be able to keep him here? They better erect a statue of him, give him the money he wants in a long term deal.

He is only 36 years old.

Fleck's infectious enthusiasm and his ability to relate to the younger generation sells.

I am optimistic that talent infusion in the next four years will give us a much better chance to get to the promise land.
That can be a one, two, or three extra wins that we couldn't muster before. Close loses especially are heart breaking.

The only thin is in four years, are we going to be able to keep him here? They better erect a statue of him, give him the money he wants in a long term deal.

He is only 36 years old.

If he is successful here (God please make him successful here), then MN better use Iowa as an example with how they kept Captain Kirk.

Love it. Smasssh at MOA is the perfect place to take recruits. I wonder what Claeys would have done had it been him organizing the weekend -- all you can eat buffet somewhere?

Really- more fat jokes. How original.

Fleck and his wife spotted at the basketball game against Maryland today:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The recruits and staff have all gone radio silent though as far as Twitter is concerned. Maybe because this is the last weekend before NSD they didn't want any of the players making it clear what their intentions are. But it seems to be a change in policy from the last couple weeks.

Fleck and his wife spotted at the basketball game against Maryland today:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The recruits and staff have all gone radio silent though as far as Twitter is concerned. Maybe because this is the last weekend before NSD they didn't want any of the players making it clear what their intentions are. But it seems to be a change in policy from the last couple weeks.

You mean poaching of the Gophers recruits is over? I swear some football programs wait for Coach Kill/Claeys to do all the hard work of recruiting someone and then they swoop in and offer a recruit away.

Nah, there is no such thing as negative recruiting in football like there is no crying in baseball.

You mean poaching of the Gophers recruits is over? I swear some football programs wait for Coach Kill/Claeys to do all the hard work of recruiting someone and then they swoop in and offer a recruit away.

Nah, there is no such thing as negative recruiting in football like there is no crying in baseball.

WTF are you even talking about? Fleck recruited his wife at a BB game??

WTF are you even talking about? Fleck recruited his wife at a BB game??

Did you not read the post?

He was talking about how the Gopher recruits have gone silent on twitter and he thinks that is going to translate to less poaching of Gopher recruits.

Really! Do you guys need to hijack another thread to argue the hiring of PJ AGAIN?

Please stop or at least create a thread to bitch in so the rest of us can skip it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really! Do you guys need to hijack another thread to argue the hiring of PJ AGAIN?

Please stop or at least create a thread to bitch in so the rest of us can skip it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elite take.

Wow - you really don't read, comprehend, and think critically. This is not his stance at all.

Besides avoiding my question because you looked so silly with your post, you are slower than most. I like PJF and have said so many times. I like his energy and optimism. I have high expectations. I don't like his rhetoric, which by the way is not the same as optimism or energy. Here, I'll help you...

rhet·o·ric
noun
language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content.
See: "Row the Boat", "Ski-U-Mah", Elite", "Culture Change", "Get your Chili Hot", and so on

Ya, Row the Boat lacks in sincerity and meaning. I'm amazed that you are so dialed in to Flecks sincerity and meaning. When will you be appearing on Oprah?

Ya, Row the Boat lacks in sincerity and meaning. I'm amazed that you are so dialed in to Flecks sincerity and meaning. When will you be appearing on Oprah?

His kid dying has a lot of sincerity and meaning

You always have such good input.

How many pages do I have to go back to find a post about visits?

I like visits.

Top Bottom