Big Visits This Weekend!

Oh, maybe Fleck can encourage Corey BOlds to go to Iowa Western CC so he can be close by or is that pipeline now broken?

Oh, maybe Fleck can encourage Corey BOlds to go to Iowa Western CC so he can be close by or is that pipeline now broken?

Doubt it's broken since Silver is visiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Ibrahim has hinted at a big commitment coming soon too.

I hope they leave a few openings for players that are left hanging from schools that over signed, might be a good way to get a steal.

So that you know, CB Quran Hafiz is very much available...

I hope they leave a few openings for players that are left hanging from schools that over signed, might be a good way to get a steal.

Leave openings? We are currently over 85 so that could be tricky (kangaroo court pending).

And Ibrahim has hinted at a big commitment coming soon too.

Could it be that he is trying to Recruit fellow HS team mate four star Tyler Baylor (.9175) to commit to the Gophers?

Why is he still available?

Are the Gophers doing a contingency plan that assumes at a minimum four players are gone?

C Autman-Bell tweeted a couple hours ago PJF told him about yet another commit. I'm not sure how to copy that tweet. Lil help from somebody that is more twitter savvy?

Iowa has a boatload (pun intended, sorta) of campus visits this weekend with at least 5 scholarships to give. Hate to admit it, but it looks like they are about to leapfrog the Gophs. Ugh.

Iowa has a boatload (pun intended, sorta) of campus visits this weekend with at least 5 scholarships to give. Hate to admit it, but it looks like they are about to leapfrog the Gophs. Ugh.

Not worried about the class this year. Just fill the holes best you can so we don't have 2 lost recruiting classes. Next year will be the year where expectations should be high. Fleck needs a top 5 class in the conference to save face. Then we still need to see if he can coach them or not.

Not worried about the class this year. Just fill the holes best you can so we don't have 2 lost recruiting classes. Next year will be the year where expectations should be high. Fleck needs a top 5 class in the conference to save face. Then we still need to see if he can coach them or not.

Agreed...I think he's got enough talent to maintain the 2016 win total this season if he's as good as perceived as an HC.

Agreed...I think he's got enough talent to maintain the 2016 win total this season if he's as good as perceived as an HC.

I'll take the under on that but it's because I've been a gopher fan too long.

I'll take the under on that but it's because I've been a gopher fan too long.

I understand, but I've been one for 40 years. If PJ is close to asgood as advertised, 8 regular season wins is a no brainer for me. Glass half full...

I think they might only win a handful of games this coming year with all of the culture change that needs to happen.
I'm going to give the guy three years before I judge.

I understand, but I've been one for 40 years. If PJ is close to asgood as advertised, 8 regular season wins is a no brainer for me. Glass half full...

Coach of the year if he does that with the talent level he might have to work with.
Replacing a 3 year starter a QB with great leadership ability is going to be hard.
People forget that here. People seem to assume the QB position will somehow be better.

Coach of the year if he does that with the talent level he might have to work with.
Replacing a 3 year starter a QB with great leadership ability is going to be hard.
People forget that here. People seem to assume the QB position will somehow be better.

Better talent than he had at WMU, with plenty of talent in returning players who have had significant playing time during an 8 win season. QB situation is way overblown, IMO. Both Rhoda and Croft are better suited for Fleck's offense than Mitch.

I think they might only win a handful of games this coming year with all of the culture change that needs to happen.
I'm going to give the guy three years before I judge.

LOL What is all of the culture change that needs to happen? And how could that limit us to only a handful of wins with the second coming of Bear Bryant at the helm?

What do you mean? Are you considering last year's class a lost recruiting class? It was loaded with freshmen performers who not only saw the field but contributed in meaningful ways.

Better talent than he had at WMU, with plenty of talent in returning players who have had significant playing time during an 8 win season. QB situation is way overblown, IMO. Both Rhoda and Croft are better suited for Fleck's offense than Mitch.

This.

Wasn't that what everyone said when Adam Weber left? How did that work out? (Shortell, Gray, Streveler, Nelson, Leidner, etc...)

Mitch had more than his fair share of mistakes last year. No question. I'd say just watch the 2nd half of the WI game but I wouldn't wish that on any Gopher fan. :) But he also had an extraordinary amount of drops by the WR's and TE's here that didn't help anything. Some of those situations where he made mistakes they were in because the receivers didn't do their jobs. Again, no excuse for some of those. But I can think of a couple instances where if guys catch balls they probably run rather than pass and end up with an INT.

You could be right that Rhoda and Croft fit Fleck's offense better than Leidner (not sure how that's relevant since Leidner isn't an option) but that doesn't mean either will do as well as 2016 Leidner next year. They still have to execute, which if it's so obvious they could at that level or better you'd think a coach on a next to $0 buyout contract that should have known his job was on the line would have started the one that could.

Top Bottom