Ben Johnson is a Disaster

In the postgame on BTN, they said Pickett was one of the three best overall players in the conference and a legit Conference Player of the year candidate.
Amazing that he has accomplished what hasn’t happened in D1 in 35 years, per the broadcast, with career totals of 2k points and 700 each boards and assists. Just think how different they are without him.
He is great and was filun to watch. The one caveat is the free year. He’s really made the most of his 2nd senior year.

Well that is somewhat opponent dependent. Against a good 3pt team with no inside game I'd prefer trying a zone or at least hedging and making them take mid range shots. We simply gave them exactly what they wanted. We adjusted for 4 minutes in the second half, PSU countered that and CBJ had no counter to that and we go from up 1 to down 10 right away. Pretty big sign of a bad coach.
wait, what?

PSU didn’t score a FG for the first 8 minutes of the 2nd half.

We were never down 10 in the 2nd half.

They shot 2/10 from 3pt in 2nd and 8/16 in first.

When did this lack of counter adjustment occur?

wait, what?

PSU didn’t score a FG for the first 8 minutes of the 2nd half.

We were never down 10 in the 2nd half.

They shot 2/10 from 3pt in 2nd and 8/16 in first.

When did this lack of counter adjustment occur?
Sorry, we were down 9 for essentially the last 8 minutes. We took a lead at the 13:56 mark and within 4 minutes were down 9. I'd say that's when they adjusted and we never got closer than 3

He is great and was filun to watch. The one caveat is the free year. He’s really made the most of his 2nd senior year.
He really understands the game and how to subtly use his body to get open - that step back in the lane was a thing of beauty.

He’ll make a lot of cash 💰 overseas

So you’d rather we double on post touches and give open threes to their good shooters? I also rarely saw doubles on our post possessions. They stayed to their man and Battles man never helped period
Hardly any teams are doubling down low any more. Only notable exception I see is anyone playing Purdue is double or triple teaming Edey. There is more one on one down low now than I can remember. It has to be a risk analysis that say’s giving up the open three is much worse than getting beat down low.

Hardly any teams are doubling down low any more. Only notable exception I see is anyone playing Purdue is double or triple teaming Edey. There is more one on one down low now than I can remember. It has to be a risk analysis that say’s giving up the open three is much worse than getting beat down low.
Even in pickup games I played in years ago, when we played with a two point shot, teams wouldn’t throw it into you In the paint. they didn’t want to trade ones for twos. The three point shot opened up the lane but it also put the “I‘ll trade threes for twos into the game all day long”. 15 foot jump shots are inefficient it seems in todays basketball world.

I'm not sure adding a 4 and a 5 next year will move the gopher away from 30 point azz kickings. But maybe I'm wrong, I certainly hope so.

Is that Ohio St win going to save Johnson’s job? Because there’s no way they could keep him if he goes 0-21 against the Big Ten, right?

Is that Ohio St win going to save Johnson’s job? Because there’s no way they could keep him if he goes 0-21 against the Big Ten, right?

They're not firing a black Head Coach after two years, not ever, and probably not even after 3. No bueno

Does anybody know anything about B1G coach dress codes? After seeing Underwood’s sharp sport coat the other night and Maryland’s coach looking crisp suited up last night, why does Johnson dress like a shlub for every game?

Clothes have an impact on confidence. I’ve always liked that PJ wears a tie on the sideline.

Top Bottom