Ben Johnson is a Disaster

I root for the Gophers. To be honest, you are the one I mock, not the Gophs or Ben Johnson. That’s probably not nice though. I’ll stop.

You mock me because I'm an actual fan. You're a bandwagoner who hops on the forum to taunt actual fans after a loss.

You must be a really cool dude. Guessing two aftermarket exhausts and truck nuts.

The Barn will be empty. The local sports media will utterly ignore them. Zero interest. Zero buzz. A dead program. Barring a massive surprise in B1G play, Coyle's hand will be forced.
Assuming Coyle isn't fired first. All his hires have been a disaster.

Assuming Coyle isn't fired first. All his hires have been a disaster.
That's a bit of an exaggeration. PJ, no matter what you think of him now, was a good hire. Motzko is a good hire. Dawn P looks good. Volleyball TBD. Lindsey and Ben have been massive whiffs though.

Do you care if this is a better team than the past two years? You think burning it to the ground and restarting is better? Rather than seeing how the young players gel?

You seriously think this team is about the same as last year? :rolleyes:
I think Ben took care of this part already.

Last edited:

So because another school made a dumb decision, you want Minnesota to do the same?

Minnesota shouldn't be as stupid as Nebraska. You make a good point here. Gophers should hold to a higher standard than your stinkhole school. Nebraska.....I mean.

You mock me because I'm an actual fan. You're a bandwagoner who hops on the forum to taunt actual fans after a loss.

You must be a really cool dude. Guessing two aftermarket exhausts and truck nuts.
Didn't you post something like, "If Ben Johnson doesn't beat this Missouri team, he should be fired?"

Minnesota shouldn't be as stupid as Nebraska. You make a good point here. Gophers should hold to a higher standard than your stinkhole school.
Then do it and stop defending this disastrous hire

Do you care if this is a better team than the past two years? You think burning it to the ground and restarting is better? Rather than seeing how the young players gel?

You seriously think this team is about the same as last year? :rolleyes:

It's going to be a better team. It's hard to be worse than last year's team. My point is, if we are fine with "probably not being a tournament team" in year 3, what's the point?

I don't find much joy or excitement simply by being better than the worse team in my life from a year ago.

Says the guy who bumped this thread to taunt other fans.

I'll admit.....that was a faceplant. And I think Ben Johnson has a lot to explain about that collapse.

Doesn't change the fact that this team is going to be much better than expected. And the troll crowd is probably going to hide when things are going well.....come out of their holes when things go bad.

Doesn't change the fact that this team is going to be much better than expected. And the troll crowd is probably going to hide when things are going well.....come out of their holes when things go bad.
In that case, there won't be a lot of opportunity to hide.

I'll admit.....that was a faceplant. And I think Ben Johnson has a lot to explain about that collapse.

How is any of this close to trolling when we are talking an all-time 3 year loss run? Barking up the wrong forum here boss.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. PJ, no matter what you think of him now, was a good hire. Motzko is a good hire. Dawn P looks good. Volleyball TBD. Lindsey and Ben have been massive whiffs though.
A good hire doesn't blow a two goal lead in the national championship game to a school the size of a high school. There's a reason SCSU fans we're thrilled we took him off their hands. As for PJ, how many west division titles has he won? You know, the weakest division in sports.

A good hire doesn't blow a two goal lead in the national championship game to a school the size of a high school. There's a reason SCSU fans we're thrilled we took him off their hands. As for PJ, how many west division titles has he won? You know, the weakest division in sports.
A "disaster" hire doesn't make the national championship game. I'm not a hockey guy and I'm not defending Motzko but calling that hire a "disaster" or PJ a "disaster" is laughably false.

How is any of this close to trolling when we are talking an all-time 3 year loss run? Barking up the wrong forum here boss.

Posters who only come out after a loss? It's not new. You're not something that we haven't seen.

A good hire doesn't blow a two goal lead in the national championship game to a school the size of a high school. There's a reason SCSU fans were thrilled we took him off their hands. As for PJ, how many west division titles has he won? You know, the weakest division in sports.
We have a historically bad basketball program. I hear what you’re saying but you’re comparing apples to dog shot. IMO.

Posters who only come out after a loss? It's not new. You're not something that we haven't seen.
I was posting during the game, not much, just enough to remind everyone that this team regressed back to their mean. Their mean is a HC who is an On-The-Job-Training experiment. We saw it with Li'l Ricky and we see it with Ben.

Despite any talent wear have, they will be thwarted by the poor decision-making skills of their HC.

It's painful saying the same thing over and over and over, so when the Board goes quiet, then you know you've lost people who want this team to succeed but are giving up because nothing changes.

I was posting during the game, not much, just enough to remind everyone that this team regressed back to their mean. Their mean is a HC who is an On-The-Job-Training experiment. We saw it with Li'l Ricky and we see it with Ben.

Despite any talent wear have, they will be thwarted by the poor decision-making skills of their HC.

It's painful saying the same thing over and over and over, so when the Board goes quiet, then you know you've lost people who want this team to succeed but are giving up because nothing changes.

You posted "regression back to the mean" at halftime......and then didn't show back up until the end of the game. :rolleyes:

A "disaster" hire doesn't make the national championship game. I'm not a hockey guy and I'm not defending Motzko but calling that hire a "disaster" or PJ a "disaster" is laughably false.
That’s a post deserving No response and a poster deserving ignore status immediately.

You posted "regression back to the mean" at halftime......and then didn't show back up until the end of the game. :rolleyes:
Yep, the autopilot was set then. I had no desire to sit through this team crashing into the ground. It's not difficult when the On-The-Job-Training of the HC is the equivalent of "eff around and find out". Any time you eff around, then you have an 80% chance of finding out something that wasn't on your radar. It's sadly predictable.

Yep, the autopilot was set then. I had no desire to sit through this team crashing into the ground. It's not difficult when the On-The-Job-Training of the HC is the equivalent of "eff around and find out". Any time you eff around, then you have an 80% chance of finding out something that wasn't on your radar. It's sadly predictable.

Uh-huh. Even though the lead grew to 20 from 6 at halftime? Shows up when the lead shrinks to 6 at half. Disappears until end of game. Come on.....you think nobody notices?

Uh-huh. Even though the lead grew to 20 from 6 at halftime? Shows up when the lead shrinks to 6 at half. Disappears until end of game. Come on.....you think nobody notices?
I don't know. The way people defend Ben, you'd think they were oblivious to the facts. It's not difficult to figure out. Same ______ different day.

It’s okay Mrs. Johnson, your boy will be okay. You must really hate Northern Illinois and Montana State for saying your boy wasn’t good enough to lead their programs.

It’s okay Mrs. Johnson, your boy will be okay. You must really hate Northern Illinois and Montana State for saying your boy wasn’t good enough to lead their programs.

Too stupid to check my join date. Nebraska fan. Yeah....that makes sense.

Wait a second, this thread was brought back to life by someone attempting a "told you so" during this game like the pathetic GopherHole tweet?

For the Ben Johnson apologists, he could go .500 in the Big Ten this year and his Big Ten record after 3 years would be 16-43. That's a winning percentage of 27.12. That would still qualify him as a disaster in any reasonable discussion. Excactly nobody would have accepted that when he was hired. You don't make up for the first last place finish in 30 years followed up by the worst season in program history by having one average B1G season much less by winning a random game or two.

Wait a second, this thread was brought back to life by someone attempting a "told you so" during this game like the pathetic GopherHole tweet?

For the Ben Johnson apologists, he could go .500 in the Big Ten this year and his Big Ten record after 3 years would be 16-43. That's a winning percentage of 27.12. That would still qualify him as a disaster in any reasonable discussion. Excactly nobody would have accepted that when he was hired. You don't make up for the first last place finish in 30 years followed up by the worst season in program history by having one average B1G season much less by winning a random game or two.
None of what you say is untrue, but you must also understand that if overall record was a primary criterion for retaining Ben after this season, he would have been dismissed last season. There is no possible way he could ratchet up his winning percentage enough to get it to an acceptable three year cumulative level.It’s clear that decision makers are looking at improvement and trajectory of the program not overall results in the last three years. We can make many arguments against that, but it is obvious that’s what is on decision makers minds.

Top Bottom