B1G vs PAC-10...

I am always amazed at the liberal interpretation of the word "Fan" on message boards like this...if you do nothing but rant, hate, complain, belittle and bemoan a team and it's performance...hard to call yourself a fan.

I am thrilled we are in the NIT Finals...both because I couldn't go to the Semis and have my tickets to the finals and won't miss the game, but even more so because historically an NIT run has preceded NCAA success here at MN. If we can win on Thursday night, starting 3 FR, So and Jr and knowing that all those kids are back next year, plus possible addition of the an all B1G type player in Mbakwe and the continued improvement of subs Ingram, Oto and Chip...what a great core for next year. with a chance to really do something in the league and the NCAA next year.

So, I am a fan, and I am excited.

You keep referring to "we"...it just doesn't make sense.

When we beat Washington is is some great achievement.

Who said that? You continue to just make stuff up. He was reiterating how much difference there is between the Big Ten and PAC-12 this year. Simple as that. You're trying to make this into something it isn't.

But is it such a big deal that Devoe Joseph is home crying? Give me a break.

You're the only one who brought up Devoe.

When I hear we are one of the last two Big Ten teams playing by this coachng staff, I just laugh.

Even more funny is this comment. What are they supposed to say, "It was fun, but let's be honest, the NIT doesn't mean much, so we're just mildly excited"? They're building for the future, no more, no less.

Who said that? You continue to just make stuff up. He was reiterating how much difference there is between the Big Ten and PAC-12 this year. Simple as that. You're trying to make this into something it isn't.

You're the only one who brought up Devoe.

Even more funny is this comment. What are they supposed to say, "It was fun, but let's be honest, the NIT doesn't mean much, so we're just mildly excited"? They're building for the future, no more, no less.

There is a whole thread on Devoe and how he must feel and comments about him smoking weed. Glowing in our great triumph in the NIT. Sad.

We should go easy on minngg. It becomes more and more difficult each game to find ways to complain about Tubby when we keep winning. It's been a very stressful last couple of weeks for him.

We should go easy on minngg. It becomes more and more difficult each game to find ways to complain about Tubby when we keep winning. It's been a very stressful last couple of weeks for him.

What????? Anyone that thinks winning the NIT is some great coaching achievement is crazy. Tubby is what he is. Does your opinion of Tubby chnage because we have beaten 4 non-tournament teams and finished in 9th place in conference?

goon? LMAO, now I am a goon. Because of a mistype? Yep, I am the one that is mad.

file.php

Good stuff guys. Real hard core basketball fans. You wonder why this forum has nothing but homers left on it. If that is what you want, nothing but homers and rah rah, good for you. Probably a good reason this program has sucked for years and years. Settling for NIT runs. Praising coaches after 9th place finishes. That is one thing I do get mad at. Settling ofr mediocrity.

What????? Anyone that thinks winning the NIT is some great coaching achievement is crazy. Tubby is what he is. Does your opinion of Tubby chnage because we have beaten 4 non-tournament teams and finished in 9th place in conference?

Regardless of what tournament we're playing in, it's easier to call for Tubby's head if we lose right? Well, we've won 4 games in a row so you haven't had the opportunity to complain that Tubby can't even beat a team in the lowly NIT. I bet that makes you mad.

Good stuff guys. Real hard core basketball fans. You wonder why this forum has nothing but homers left on it. If that is what you want, nothing but homers and rah rah, good for you. Probably a good reason this program has sucked for years and years. Settling for NIT runs. Praising coaches after 9th place finishes. That is one thing I do get mad at. Settling ofr mediocrity.

Regardless of what tournament we're playing in, it's easier to call for Tubby's head if we lose right? Well, we've won 4 games in a row so you haven't had the opportunity to complain that Tubby can't even beat a team in the lowly NIT. I bet that makes you mad.

No, I don't change my mind when the wind blows. I have 5 years of Tubby to look at. I don't need an NIT failure to pin my arguments on. It is meaningless in my assessment of Tubby.

There is a whole thread on Devoe and how he must feel and comments about him smoking weed. Glowing in our great triumph in the NIT. Sad.

You're the only one who brought it up here. Kinda weird to bring it up when you think it's so stupid.

Either way, I think most people were saying that it's kinda funny that he did all that to go to a program that ended up not being any better than the one he left. If making it to the NIT championship isn't anything great as you say, then wouldn't losing earlier in the NIT be even worse?

minngg said:

So it's unfair to rip Devoe who QUIT the team, yet you will sit and rip every guy that still plays for Tubby Smith? Hm. Minus Andre, whom you use to rip Tubby for not getting him any help because anyone else who plays for Tubby sucks and every time we win it is despite the horrible coaching and horrible players.

So it's unfair to rip Devoe who QUIT the team, yet you will sit and rip every guy that still plays for Tubby Smith? Hm. Minus Andre, whom you use to rip Tubby for not getting him any help because anyone else who plays for Tubby sucks and every time we win it is despite the horrible coaching and horrible players.

Who have I ripped on the team??

Yes, nothing but homers left. Oh, and one bitter troll.

You're the only one who brought it up here. Kinda weird to bring it up when you think it's so stupid.

Either way, I think most people were saying that it's kinda funny that he did all that to go to a program that ended up not being any better than the one he left. If making it to the NIT championship isn't anything great as you say, then wouldn't losing earlier in the NIT be even worse?

He didn't leave to go to a better team. Is that why Iverson left too/.

Yes, nothing but homers left. Oh, and one bitter troll.

A troll huh? I have over 1000 posts and they are all trolling? Your definition of trolling is not being a homer on everything Gophers.

There are people on here who are critical of Tubby all the time and don't get ridiculed like you do. Your posts are always negative, plain and simple. You make stuff up to help your argument. It's been proven in this thread already. You're a hypocrite. You complain about others not accepting your point of view, yet you constant rip on those who say positive things. It's really not that complicated.

"Settling for mediocrity". I guess if you're not constantly mad, then we're settling for mediocrity. We've been playing well as of late so people are excited and positive. Why is that so bad? I don't get it.

Shh. Don't make minngg any more angry by bringing up facts. He might have an aneurysm.

minngg said:
Who have I ripped on the team??

First example.

minngg said:
Perfect example of fans ripping other fans for any criticism of this team. It is hilarious. Coleman has difficiencies. He is not a perfect player. He should not be starting IMO. Will he improve? Nobody knows. Did Sampson improve? Maverick? Coleman cannot shot and he has too many turnovers and too few rebounds. He is a backup on a good team. Now...rip me a new one for daring to criticize a Gopher player.

Top Bottom