when will Tubby start to get heat for his player making mistakes

• Next one

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Now

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Never-He's TUBBY SMITH!!

Votes: 55 77.5%

• Total voters

And can someone explain why platoon subs are a bad thing before 2 minutes to go in regulation?

Easy

This is simple.

Coach Smith doesn't have to explain his suspensions to me.

He's the coach, the boss. He has rules, the team has rules, the University has rules, and the NCAA has rules.

It doesn't matter how stupid you think any of those rules are or if they make any sense or if "everybody is doing it". These guys know the drill, they're not stupid.

Break the rules, get punished. That's the way the rest of the world operates.

OO

This is simple.

Coach Smith doesn't have to explain his suspensions to me.

He's the coach, the boss. He has rules, the team has rules, the University has rules, and the NCAA has rules.

It doesn't matter how stupid you think any of those rules are or if they make any sense or if "everybody is doing it". These guys know the drill, they're not stupid.

Break the rules, get punished. That's the way the rest of the world operates.

+1

Tongue In Cheek

Gophers should fire Tubby now for holding players to certain rules.

Then hire Bruce Pearl away from Tennessee. He won't do that.

Gophers should fire Tubby now for holding players to certain rules.

Then hire Bruce Pearl away from Tennessee. He won't do that.

Pearl's a sleazeball but Huggins and Cal are coaches of the finest moral fiber? OK then. :rolleyes:

Pearl's a sleazeball but Huggins and Cal are coaches of the finest moral fiber? OK then. :rolleyes:

State what I said accurately or keep quiet. I never said either was of finest moral fiber.

But YES that's accurate about Bruce Pearl.

State what I said accurately or keep quiet. I never said either was of finest moral fiber.

But YES that's accurate about Bruce Pearl.

BS. You may not have used those exact words, but you have defended them both to a ridiculous level. Pearl is a sleaze, but Cal and Huggins are 10 times worse. You clearly only see what you want to see. I can at least admit that Clem cheated. And FWIW, I'd rehire Clem any day before I'd hire Cal or Huggins.

BS. You may not have used those exact words, but you have defended them both to a ridiculous level. Pearl is a sleaze, but Cal and Huggins are 10 times worse. You clearly only see what you want to see. I can at least admit that Clem cheated. And FWIW, I'd rehire Clem any day before I'd hire Cal or Huggins.

Not accurate. I've always said Huggins is far from perfect. Pearl is exactly what you say. Huggins and Calipari are not.

Interestingly Tubby has a good relationship with both of them. Why would he do that, if you are accurate?

see no one wants to say anything bad about meyer because the media has protected him so much. Sad day we live in where people's don't look at facts.

Good memory, howeda. I'm not sure exactly what FOT said, as he's on my ignore list - but from what you said, I thought you'd like this quote:

Huggs' players LOVE him. WVU fans do, too.

The Thuggins moniker is nonsense.

from this thread: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=16711&highlight=huggins

Don't know what he's said since this thread, as I haven't read his posts.

I love tubby and as a huge gopher fan I hope never. But will there be people who start to call for his head if his players keep messing up. I'm one who doesn't blame the coach when players mess up because its impossible to babysit 15 grown men, but there are plenty of idiots out there who blame every thing on the coach.

His players keep messing up? You make it sound like he's running some kind of outlaw program, lol. You're the one who took time out of his day to post a poll to encourage people to discuss how this non-issue is/isn't Tubby's fault. You may not be part of the problem, but you're definitely not part of the solution.

"Huggs' players LOVE him. WVU fans do, too. The Thuggins moniker is nonsense."

Huh? At one point, late in his career at Cincy he had signed something like 13-14 convicted felons, yet never graduated a single player. You can say he took 13 felons & turned them into pro basketball players who earn an honest living & pay taxes instead of being a drain on society & that's a reasonable argument, but to say the "Thuggins" moniker is nonsense is, well, nonsense.

"If this was over marijuana chances are he failed more than one and that goes back to respect for the authority. If he failed 1 and Tubby went "Do it again and you're in trouble" or a second (or third) positive triggered automatic suspension that's a reflection on Devoe and the regard he has for his coach and his program."
Well told. Too many in our society place winning above respect. Players are the subordinates. Not only should they obey the rules they agree to live by, they must.

Top Bottom